Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#46    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

No, it is a part of my life.  Every winter I have the time of my life with my brothers and family at deer camp.  We all love to shoot skeet, we have a blast.  And if you think you're "stunned" at my reaction.  Wait until you see the country's they really do try taking them.  I'm not the only one who who is extremely p***ed over the whole situation.

I see... so because you enjoy shooting skeet, there should be no gun control. Sure.

I enjoy driving 200 km/h in school zones, I guess there should be no speed limits either.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#47    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Again, I meant the plural of your (geez, is English to imprecise as a language, or what?). And gun control does not mean you have to miss out on all that. And even then: Times can change, and many before had to reconsider their recreational activities. You'd survive it.

You think skeet shooting and hunting is impossible in Germany, am I right?

#48    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

No, it is a part of my life.  Every winter I have the time of my life with my brothers and family at deer camp.  We all love to shoot skeet, we have a blast.  And if you think you're "stunned" at my reaction.  Wait until you see the country's they really do try taking them.  I'm not the only one who who is extremely p***ed over the whole situation.

Yes but you don't need the 2nd Amendment to do those things. Plenty of people go hunting here in Canada. There's gun clubs and shooting matches and the like. All without a 2nd Amendment. That's where the stunned reaction comes from. Some Americans go off as if any hint of reform to gun laws will destroy the 2nd Amendment and make all guns disappear. Then we look around and see all the guns in our countries and we wonder what the big deal is.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#49    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

The most hypocritical gun control advocate I can think of is Christopher Dorner.

#50    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostCorp, on 11 February 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Yes but you don't need the 2nd Amendment to do those things. Plenty of people go hunting here in Canada. There's gun clubs and shooting matches and the like. All without a 2nd Amendment. That's where the stunned reaction comes from. Some Americans go off as if any hint of reform to gun laws will destroy the 2nd Amendment and make all guns disappear. Then we look around and see all the guns in our countries and we wonder what the big deal is.
Why in the hell would I want to go pay for a dumb ass club to go hunting?  Yeah, Americans go off at any hint, because we have the balls to stand up and say no when we really need to.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#51    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Why in the hell would I want to go pay for a dumb ass club to go hunting?  Yeah, Americans go off at any hint, because we have the balls to stand up and say no when we really need to.

You don't need to pay for a club to go hunting...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#52    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 6,809 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

There are a lot of people in the U.S. that pay to be in hunting or gun clubs, a lot of people pay to go to places for hunting or shooting too. Not everyone does so of course. I'm going to guess that perhaps you have the resources available that you don't need to do paid hunting if you don't want to.

#53    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Yes but you don't need the 2nd Amendment to do those things. Plenty of people go hunting here in Canada

Yes, and Canada needs a loosening of gun laws. :yes: Coming from a fellow Canadian. :yes:

#54    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes, CRYS is on a very selfish agenda here: It seems that he does not really care about the 2nd amendment or what it stands for, but more about the fun he personally has with guns. The 2nd amendment is not about hunting and skeet shooting. Those two could be banned quite easily, i guess.

View PostBavarian Raven, on 11 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Yes, and Canada needs a loosening of gun laws. :yes: Coming from a fellow Canadian. :yes:
Interesting. May I ask for what reasons?

#55    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,618 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostTiggs, on 11 February 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

The most commonly used example is the BBC, who exist via royal charter, and are funded by public licence fees and, as such, are independent of government. Many countries (such as Japan) have used a similar licence model to create their own Public Service Broadcasting.

The US, not so much. The CPB is about as close as it gets.

Thank you.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#56    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 11 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

I dunno why you guys are so strict.  You got like... the best hunting land ever.

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

Yes, CRYS is on a very selfish agenda here: It seems that he does not really care about the 2nd amendment or what it stands for, but more about the fun he personally has with guns. The 2nd amendment is not about hunting and skeet shooting. Those two could be banned quite easily, i guess.

Interesting. May I ask for what reasons?

LOL, I love how you antigun treehuggers all band together.  Beautiful.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 11 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#57    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,654 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Being anti-gun does not make me a treehugger. I do not even see the connection.

#58    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Being anti-gun does not make me a treehugger. I do not even see the connection.

LOL, well I don't know why I even get p***ed in these threads.  2nd amendment won't be taken away.  And if they were to ban guns... well... guess I'll be criminal.  Better start picking out some tats.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#59    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,618 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 February 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

I see... so because you enjoy shooting skeet, there should be no gun control. Sure.

I enjoy driving 200 km/h in school zones, I guess there should be no speed limits either.

Except shooting skeet isn't dangerous to others (unless you're shooting sheet with Dick Cheney :innocent: ), while 200 km/h in school zones is.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#60    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostBama13, on 11 February 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Except shooting skeet isn't dangerous to others (unless you're shooting sheet with Dick Cheney :innocent: ), while 200 km/h in school zones is.

Uh oh, according to his analogy we need to ban cars!  Wait a minute, I got a DUI I can't drive right now away...

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 11 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users