Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IMPORTANT: Ghost hunting!

British Bootboy

Recently i have become really interested with the paranormal, after have some kinda experiance.

Me and my mates atfer alot of searching have found the most "haunted" place in Yorkshire, where we plan to spend 48 hours next weekend! with me is 3 skeptics and 4 (including myself) "beleivers" what i need to know is what kind of handy things i should take with me? any tips on how to draw out a spirit? how can we get eveidence etc etc i would be very greatful if you could help me with this matter?. Thanks. Chris.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NME_locus

• DeadRobot

• British Bootboy

• Nadia B.

Take one thing with you:  An open mind!  That's all you need.

701391[/snapback]

In what context do you mean? we are all nervous but the guys who dont believe in spirts arnt lol

Take one thing with you:  An open mind!  That's all you need.

701391[/snapback]

Wow, that was rather unspecific (Sorry, Atlantis)

Goodness, that sounds exciting! Wish I could go. I went to my fave place this weekend, but couldn't do any ghosthunting. Good luck and have fun!

Okay, from what I've heard, and I'm sure someone will say I'm wrong, but here it is.

1) Digital camera

2) Digital camcorder?

3) Lots of batteries, and back ups for previous items

4) Extra underwear

5) Flashlights

I'm sure there's more, but this should get you started. Oh, and Bootboy, leave the cigs at home this time. innocent.gif

when i went ghosthunting in the most haunted place in britain, pluckley i bought the following:

a torch and loads of batterys

yeah camera camcorder if u have one

compass ( ghosts usually cannot be seen but are detected through abnormal magntetic fields.)

a crystal ( to ard off ghosts.)

and ironically yes an open mind,.... apparently ghosts wil not come unless they fewell comfortable with you lol. and ull have more fun still. laugh.gif

Recently i have become really interested with the paranormal, after have some kinda experiance.

Me and my mates atfer alot of searching have found the most "haunted" place in Yorkshire, where we plan to spend 48 hours next weekend! with me is 3 skeptics and 4 (including myself) "beleivers" what i need to know is what kind of handy things i should take with me? any tips on how to draw out a spirit? how can we get eveidence etc etc i would be very greatful if you could help me with this matter?. Thanks. Chris.

thumbsup.gif

701305[/snapback]

Here's a great link to help on what to do. You should really check it out.

I't tells all the do's and don'ts

http://www.gettysburgghosts.net/do.htm

Just adding some additional info.

It evens twlls you the small simple things that can be crucial to prevent any mistakes that could appear to be paranormal. It talks about keeping trck of things like moon phases, weather and solar weather.

Edited by NME_locus

Take respect, don’t invade an entity’s space without it!

Take respect, don’t invade an entity’s space without it!

701840[/snapback]

Exactamundo! Lol thumbsup.gif

Edited by NME_locus

r u taking a camera, camcorder, and/or flashlight? if so, always take extra batteries.

i hear people say prayers before they enter graves. something like" god protect me, we are not here to harm anything" let the ghosts know u don't mean any harm.

have a map layout of the place, or visit during the daytime, so when u go at night, so u'll know ur way around.

sometimes ghosts won't come out till they're used to ur presense, so linger around an area for a while so they get used to u.

hmmmm... i don't remember much else..u can google ghost hunt and look for tips. grin2.gif

Bring toilet paper, 48 hours is a long time to go without any. geek.gif

A tape recorder, camera, torch and lots of spare batteries.

The best thing to take whether you're a believer or skeptic is an open mind.

Good Luck.

Post anything you find here.

r u taking a camera, camcorder, and/or flashlight? if so, always take extra batteries. 

702823[/snapback]

Definitely do this. Many ghost-hunters agree that batteries have a nasty habit of draining rather quickly -- or immediately -- upon entering any haunted place.

Also, make sure that you and your friends are careful to stick together during your trip. Be sure to have at least one person with you at all times. This allows you to verify each other's accounts.

Bring toilet paper, 48 hours is a long time to go without any. geek.gif

702834[/snapback]

lol, this too.

You know what else? Try to take a "non-bossy" camera. I tried taking pics in the old Fort in St. Augustine and though there was nothing immediately in front of me, the stupid thing kept saying, "move back" angry.gif .

Before any entry, I use burning sage and let the smoke linger around me. Native American believe sage protects them from evil spirits. While doing so, I'm catholic so I say my prayer. I think good luck charms always help to make you feel a little better.

If you plan to go on an investigation, be sure you bring a :

1- LED flashlight which can easily last 48 hours non-stop before battery goes low. Mine has a Red and Blue lens to help not attract a lot of attention. Also to be considerate to the people leaving around that area. No need for light pollution.

2- Bring a digital voice recorder for EVP

3- EMF meter if you got one.

4- Walkie Talkies for needed communication.

5- Digital camera & Video Recorder with night vision helps.

6- Take a journel or records. This helps so you can draw out maps, and pinpoint precise location for the next investigation, or for future reference.

7- Bring a GPS locator or compass. GPS is better because you can use it to head in the right direction, prevents you from getting lost ( in the deep woods ) and you can use it to save key points of interests.

8- Bring a battery, operated black light. I have heard this is the most intense light that help apparitions manifest. They draw energy from this to help make themselves more visible to the human eye.

Definately bring an open mind. But also bring reason and common sense.

Remember:

If you want to find something, you will.

• 10 months later...

A mobile tv or radio for picking up white noise might be interesting *shrugs* again pile on with the batteries.

Please post us when you get back on the results you get whether fruitful or not. - Is another UK poster - Good luck and happy hunting :)

Edited by DeadRobot

You won't need too much...

1. A camera (both digital and film type one)

2. Extra batteries

3. If there are chickies and guys going you will need....ahhh scrap that one...

4. Food and water

5. Spare underware coz something 'spooky' is guaranteed to happen and you will all sh** yourselves

Goodluck, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say; brings us back some stories and photos!

likely things to bring:

1st aid kit for dodgey places that might have hazards that increase the chance of accidents.

Unlikely things to bring:

Duct/Gaffa tape for mcguyvering things so they work if they are mildy broken.

WD40 cut down on unknown sqeaks and groans of doors preventing the freak-out feeling when you least expect the doors to make that noises. (really unlikely one this...) If you believe in the workings of and use for holy water try and have your wd40 blessed and you have a second use for it.

Finally a towel, read The Hitch-hikers Guide to the Galaxy for more information on how useful it can be.

Edited by DeadRobot

WD40 cut down on unknown sqeaks and groans of doors preventing the freak-out feeling

I prefer 3-in-1 oil. :)

Also, you can never have enough knives and flashlights. Not just for ghost hunting, but always. I'm sitting here in my living room, and I have 4 knives and 3 flashlights on me. Oh yes, and a multitool.

And a stick to wave ahead of you in case of spider webs. Or aggressive hobos.

Power Bars.

I prefer 3-in-1 oil. :)

Also, you can never have enough knives and flashlights. Not just for ghost hunting, but always. I'm sitting here in my living room, and I have 4 knives and 3 flashlights on me. Oh yes, and a multitool.

And a stick to wave ahead of you in case of spider webs. Or aggressive hobos.

Power Bars.

Respect :tu:

Has anyne asked him where he is going? I'm not far from Yorkshire and would like to know the location myself.