Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Investors pounce on brothel shares

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 11:57 AM

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Australian investors have plunged enthusiastically into the world's oldest profession as a Melbourne company became the globe's first listed brothel.

Shares of the bordello enterprise, which hired Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss to spice up its stock listing and touts itself as a recession-proof, five-star hotel, doubled on their first day of trading on Thursday.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News                                                  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 01 May 2003 - 01:12 PM

I spoke to a Madam who ran a brothel in Melbourne once  biggrin.gif                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#3    albaqwerty

albaqwerty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 01:58 PM

I guess the investors will be looking forward to their end of year profit-sharing  laugh.gif                                                  

growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

#4    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 01 May 2003 - 02:54 PM

Is that the begining of a confession there? The O  biggrin.gif  
Ya Naughty boy salook.gif  laugh.gif                                                  

#5    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• 1,499 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 03:06 PM

Hahahahahahahaha! laugh.gif

You're discovered man! laugh.gif                                                  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#6    Bizarro

Bizarro

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 05:01 PM

ya, and Halo youre one to talk, Miss 5th level of Hell!   you are a very bad girl smile.gif

(my wife scored 8th level of Hell.  i wonder if this baby is mine?)   laugh.gif                                                  

if there was a meteor,
adrift amongst space,
set about on a collision course
not with Earth, but my face...
i wonder if id even know,
at what time i might,
be passed off like an old style
and by the meteor be smite?

- me, 1997

#7    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 05:21 PM

My best advise would be to buy before it splits, look carefully at the spreadsheet before investing and be ready for wild fluctuations and gyrations before it settles down. It's usually hard for a new issue to penetrate a tight market but once successful insertion is achieved a quick upward spike on the chart will occur.
Initial over performance is often followed by a lull, look to this respite for the opportunity to inject new funds into derivatives.
Insider Tip: Do not enter this foray with a short position be prepared to go long.                                                  

#8    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 01 May 2003 - 05:36 PM

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Good Lord, I suddenly desire a cigarette and a quick nap.  tongue.gif                                                  

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#9    neen

neen

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:40 AM

lol@ j6p and even more at MM,s post. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif                                                  

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...-Jimi Hendrix

Posted Image

#10    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 02 May 2003 - 05:48 AM

Halo, I am completely innocent  biggrin.gif  The Madam actually told me that if she had another pair of legs she,d open up in Sydney  biggrin.gif

Boom, Boom  wink.gif                                                  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#11    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 02 May 2003 - 07:37 AM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif @ The O  &  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif @ DS                                                  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users