Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Fire Arms laws and regulations

guns control regulations ammo constitutional rights

• Please log in to reply
600 replies to this topic

#466    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,449 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

This board isn't the only board I'm on, and the vast majority of the arguments made against mine have been laughed at or debunked everywhere else.
link us to those boards.

OTOH,   never mind.

Edited by aztek, 18 December 2012 - 02:23 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#467    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,774 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 18 December 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

LIke I said Sakari I'm neither Anti nor Pro gun. I have many friends who own them responsibly, I have no quarrel with them at all. I have one friend who keeps a loaded shotgun by her unlocked front door due to the number of grizzy bears who like to peek in her windows. She has no neighbors or children in her home or any that visit her (in fact, not one ever visits her home to speak of) I have no problem with her either.

What I do have a problem with is unsecured firearms when the possibility exists that they could be stolen or wind up in the hands of people they arent registered to.

You want to stop crime and criminals. That's admirable, it really is, but I fear it's also a pipe dream. You'll have to secure your weapons so no one can get them but you before we can work on stopping the criminals.

That should be a law also....And I know where you stand, I am just talking to you because you like good music, and I am jealous of your local rock you have :)

I hope I am not coming across as angry, I am not, just discussing....

My Dad taught hunter safety, and I hunted most of my adult life, bow hunting more then anything, but rifles also. I know the responsibility needed when owning guns. I still see people with them in gun racks in their trucks unattended....Pisses me off.

I believe you have seen my comment on how I had guns locked in a secure case, but my incident I am sure is very rare. And actually, just realized, could be avoided........Only combination locks, not keyed locks.....There, fixed.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#468    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,774 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

Nah, they have enough people arguing this to death and back.

Not sure about you, I am not arguing, I am having a discussion. If this were arguing, I would not be here, I would walk away.

With your comment there, I must say, I do not believe you on your previous comment now, but that is just my opinion.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#469    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

View PostSakari, on 18 December 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Not sure about you, I am not arguing, I am having a discussion. If this were arguing, I would not be here, I would walk away.

With your comment there, I must say, I do not believe you on your previous comment now, but that is just my opinion.

However you would like it. Most gun proponents I listen too actually question the process in which guns might be removed, the chances of home invasions, protection, the mental or social affects of removing guns, etc etc. They don't compare them with knives, bombs, planes or worship the second amendment like Moses did the 10 commandments or talk about the U.S. government going 1984.

Edited by Maizer, 18 December 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#470    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,845 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

OH WOW "shall not be infringed" !!!! That makes everything good!! Hey I'll make up a law. You will not burn your toast because toast has a right to be fluffy and it SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Now let us make sure each bread's rights are not infringed, because IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Even if toast tastes better it is not allowed because our founding farmers decided that IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Therefore IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, because there is a law that says IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED, even though they didn't know what toast was, because IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.F@#H@#fJ@#f@f

Nah, they have enough people arguing this to death and back.

"Shall not be infringed" is the warning sign, "don't throw a match into the woods."

Again, there was a reason this country was set up the way it was. They didn't warn, or explicitly make it clear that that law is not to be altered, just because they thought it would be a nice thing to have. They thought it was absolutely necessary to have for the survival of this nation and its ideals.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#471    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:32 AM

View PostThanato, on 14 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Funny fact, no US Citizen has the right to own a firearm. The second admendment apears to be directed towards members of the National Guard or the Army Reserve (both of which can be considered Well Regulated and Organized Militias.

~Thanato

Members of National Guard units and Army Reserve units are citizens?      They are also people .    "the  People " have the right to "KEEP" arms.

People , including national guard members and army reservists ,when not on active duty,  live at home.  So,  where may they  KEEP arms?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the       people       to KEEP and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Personally,  I hate guns ,  but i understand the second amendment to say that it is legal for a people to keep a gun.

keep |kēp|verb ( past and past participle kept |kept| ) [ with obj. ]1have or retain possession of: my father would keep the best for himself | she had trouble keeping her balance.• retain or reserve for use in the future: return one copy to me, keeping the other for your files.put or store in a regular place: the stand where her umbrella was kept.

retain |riˈtān|verbcontinue to have (something); keep possession of:

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#472    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,774 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

However you would like it. Most gun proponents I listen too actually question the process in which guns might be removed, the chances of home invasions, protection, the mental or social affects of removing guns, etc etc. They don't compare them with knives, bombs, planes or worship the second amendment like Moses did the 10 commandments or talk about the U.S. government going 1984.

Did you read my post from Australia?.......

I would like to know your thoughts, as we can learn from that......

http://www.unexplain...50#entry4584966

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#473    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostDrayno, on 18 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

"Shall not be infringed" is the warning sign, "don't throw a match into the woods."

Again, there was a reason this country was set up the way it was. They didn't warn, or explicitly make it clear that that law is not to be altered, just because they thought it would be a nice thing to have. They thought it was absolutely necessary to have for the survival of this nation and its ideals.

Yes, they were called the British. I believe now the biggest threat they propose is mass invading of our newspapers with inevitable pictures of the soon to be born prince or princess. How cute.

Edited by Maizer, 18 December 2012 - 02:37 AM.

#474    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostSakari, on 18 December 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

Did you read my post from Australia?.......

I would like to know your thoughts, as we can learn from that......

http://www.unexplain...50#entry4584966

Yeah talk with Aussies and they'll say the gun ban was a great thing. In fact, I share my office with one. Oh and your article is from a site that says 'JOIN GUNS AND SHOOTING ONLINE' with no facts to back its statements up.

Look at Japan. less than 20 gun incidents a year.

Look at China. Man goes knife crazy at elementary school. 0 children killed.

Edited by Maizer, 18 December 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#475    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,845 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Yes, they were called the British. I believe now the biggest threat they propose is mass invading of our newspapers with inevitable pictures of the soon to be born prince. How cute.

This country was set up the way it was to not repeat the mistakes of past nations.

Our founding fathers, although political geniuses, were still men, and susceptible to mistakes.

Popular sovereignty, fair representation, liberty, the right to redress the government, privacy, an efficient system of bicameralism...

These concepts are the basis of our country as the ideal intellectual, political, and religious platform...

And how are these concepts protected? By the average private, educated, and liberated arms wielding citizen.

Edited by Drayno, 18 December 2012 - 02:41 AM.

Posted Image

#476    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

sakari I had this conversation last night with a couple gents from AutZ. Its prolly around page 7 or so. LoL. They seemed to be thrilled about gun control until I queestioned about there Australian Homeland Security and what sort of powers they had....Well in fact they dont have a Homeland Security..There rights arent being trampled because there guns are gone. They have in effect without being rude already been pacified.

Im looking at things atm like we got a big X on our backs in America and they might be colming this time.

#477    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostDrayno, on 18 December 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

This country was set up the way it was to not repeat the mistakes of past nations.

Our founding fathers, although political geniuses, were still men, and susceptible to mistakes.

Popular sovereignty, fair representation, liberty, the right to redress the government, privacy, an efficient system of bicameralism...

These concepts are the basis of our country as the ideal intellectual, political, and religious platform...

I agree. Nobodies perfect. Founding fathers were so close.

#478    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,774 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

Yeah talk with Aussies and they'll say the gun ban was a great thing. In fact, I share my office with one. Oh and your article is from a site that says 'JOIN GUNS AND SHOOTING ONLINE' with no facts to back its statements up.

Look at Japan. less than 20 gun incidents a year.

Look at China. Man goes knife crazy at elementary school. 0 children killed.

China is Communist...Not a good example....

Anyway, going to eat soon, and will check into Australia......One thing I do, is I go by facts, never make claims as fact unless I know.

The claim that following the gun ban Australia experienced big increases in crime has been refuted as an urban legend at www.snopes.com, a website that is devoted to exposing urban legends. "Given this context, any claims based on statistics (even accurate ones) which posit a cause-and-effect relationship between the gun buyback program and increased crime rates because 'criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed' are automatically suspect, since the average Australian citizen didn't own firearms even before the buyback." (source). Australia's homicide rate is lower than the homicide rate in the US and there has been little variation in Australia's homicide rate since their gun buyback (source).

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#479    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,845 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostMaizer, on 18 December 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

I agree. Nobodies perfect. Founding fathers were so close.

Their shortcomings are made up through the accessibility of the Constitution.

Again, the Constitution can changed, but certain amendments, like the second, cannot be infringed.

Posted Image

#480    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostSakari, on 18 December 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

China is Communist...Not a good example....

Haha you think democracy or communism matters with crazy person at an elementary school? The only difference is one country allowed guns everywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users