Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

proof of e.t.!

Ethan Cole

if there is no life other then us y did nasa launch a satellite that tells about earth?? on the satellite there is photos of man and woman and earth.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xstortionist

• Richdog

• Jodie.Lynne

• RisenPrism

Top Posters In This Topic

if there is no life other then us y did nasa launch a satellite that tells about earth?? on the satellite there is photos of man and woman and earth.

Umm... it's not proof of E.T. it was sent out in the hope that if E.T. exist they will receive it anf gain a basic understanding of us.

On the chance that someone is out there, NASA approved the placement of a phonograph record on each of the Voyager spacecraft. The recording, called "Sounds of Earth" fits on a 12-inch, copper disc containing greetings from Earth people in 60 languages, samples of music from different cultures and eras, and natural sounds of surf, wind and thunder, and birds, whales and other animals. The record also contains electronic information that an advanced technological civilization could convert into diagrams, pictures and printed words, including a message from President Carter.

The primary mission for the two Voyager spacecrafts was to explore our solar system.

http://www.solarviews.com/eng/voyager.htm

Along with Pioneer 10, the now deactivated Pioneer 11, and its sister ship Voyager 2, Voyager 1 is becoming an interstellar probe.

Both Voyager probes are powered by three radioisotope thermoelectric generators, which have far outlasted their originally intended lifespan, and are now expected to continue to generate enough power to keep communicating with Earth until around the year 2020.

Edited by hazzard

Maybe we could have included a couple more things in Voyager's data set. I was thinking perhaps "Independece day" or "War of the worlds" to provide them with visiting ideas....

Anyways the probe was send originally in wishful thinking terms and not as verification of alien life. I view the voyager module as a mesage in a bottle. Perhaps the only thing that will still be floating about in case we bail out early.

Maybe we could have included a couple more things in Voyager's data set. I was thinking perhaps "Independece day" or "War of the worlds" to provide them with visiting ideas....

:o LOL

I view the voyager module as a mesage in a bottle.

Absolutely.

Ahh the Voyagers. Talk about a needle in a haystack! On a side note, I'm curious how Ethan Cole could have possibly come to the conclusion that he did. I mean, that's wild.

Edited by hechtal

yea, more of my tax money being put to sh** use from the government....this is what p***es me off...they spend billions of dollar on nasa equipment like this...its ridiculous. Sending probes and satelites into space with my tax money...just p***es me off...there i sno PROOF OF E.T and if one does find these probes...i hope they come here and bust NASA's heads open for polluting the space.

um, the probes were sent out to give us more information about our world and our solar system.

You have a problem against gaining new knowledge xtortionist?

yea i do actually...i have a problem having to get my car alignment done every 2 weeks because our roads here in my towns have been screwed up for 3 years now...and nobody comes out and fixes them....hell i used my own money and hired a company to come fill in pot holes...but i guess everybody is too busy trying to figure out how to spend my tax dollars.

yea, more of my tax money being put to sh** use from the government....this is what p***es me off...they spend billions of dollar on nasa equipment like this...its ridiculous. Sending probes and satelites into space with my tax money...just p***es me off...there i sno PROOF OF E.T and if one does find these probes...i hope they come here and bust NASA's heads open for polluting the space.

The state of your roads has nothing whatsoever to do with NASA funding...

nasa is getting too much money....and u just dont understand where im coming from because ur in the UK. I just hope all these space shuttle just keep on blowing up...so me and my grey alien friends can laugh and get drunk while i see my tax dollars and retirement money just blow up on TV....because i know im not getting put to good use. our country spends way too money on dumb things...when they should be spending money on helping out others and communities.

nasa is getting too much money....and u just dont understand where im coming from because ur in the UK. I just hope all these space shuttle just keep on blowing up...so me and my grey alien friends can laugh and get drunk while i see my tax dollars and retirement money just blow up on TV....because i know im not getting put to good use. our country spends way too money on dumb things...when they should be spending money on helping out others and communities.

lol... I understand exactly what you mean, we pay taxes in the Yoo Kay too you know!

I will repeat for you: Nasas funding has nothing whatsoever to do with the state of your roads. Wishing that the shuttles keep blowing up is an exercise in ignorance.

So, xtortionist, you think the organization that could be responsible for the greatest discoveries in human histories is getting too much money. The people that could be responsible for the salvation of the planet shouldn't gey paid... Riiiiiight.

u dont understand what im saying man....i've already explained that our country isn't using money in the correct way (example of nasa). We always want to be the first people to do something great. We are very selfish country. We always want, want, want, but we never recieve everything we need. These ET's fanatics just need to drop it...this country is trying to please everybody and their mother...and now ET's...its like we are going to have to crack down on the money being spent on trying to find other civilizations...I don't really understand why we must keep on looking for life on other planets...How can this make our world a better place...or how can another planet contribute to us. Expecially if they are lightyears away from our distant planet. Almost seems impossible to comprehend the money being spend on trying to find things that are more than likely not even there. The universe is just a work of art, and it seems that people don't want to accept it.

Sending probes and satelites into space with my tax money...just p***es me off...

Its not YOUR money, its the governments.

In response to your most recent post, xtortionist, the universe is far more than a work of art. It could provide far more benifits to our planet than your apparently feeble mind can comprehend.

Putting NASA's Budget in Perspective

(Unless otherwise indicated, the dollar figures cited in this webpage were obtained from The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2000, World Almanac Books, PRIMEDIA Reference Inc., 1999, ISBN 0-88687-847-0.)

The federal government spent roughly $14 billion (B) on NASA in fiscal year 1999. That's a lot of money! But what does that mean? How much is $14B? For most folks $14B is merely an abstract concept.

This webpage aims to put NASA's budget in perspective by comparing this $14B figure with other governmental and private expenditures in the United States.

For example, in fiscal year (FY) 1999, total federal expenditures were $1,699,217 million (M) -- approximately $1.7 trillion! NASA's budget of $14B, thus, represented only about 0.8% of total federal expenditures during FY '99. In fact, since 1975 NASA's budget has varied only between 0.7% and 1.0% of total federal expenditures. NASA's highest ever share of total federal expenditures was 5.5%, which occurred in 1966.

Many other interesting comparisons can be made:

Microsoft's corporate revenues in 1998 were roughly the same as NASA's budget that year.

NASA's budget is roughly the same size as the budgets of each of the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri and Tennessee.

The federal government spends over 30 times as much money on Social Security as it does on NASA.

Americans spent over 19 times as much at restaurants in 1997 as the federal government spent on NASA that year.

NASA's budget represents approximately 0.2% of U.S. Gross Domestic Product

From the website: www.richardb.us

Edited by JMPD1

Its not YOUR money, its the governments.

HAHA....u think its the governments money? Who do you think payed for that money? US. I guess you haven't heard George W. Bush speech 5 years ago. Where he even mentions "Its your money you all payed for it."

now for about the other guy's response.

now you says its more then a work of art....now tell me this how do u expect us to get from point A to point B expecially if the civilization is billions of light years away? Now the only thing i can see benefiting Earth is perhaps inhabiting the moon and mars and using mars as a resource planet only.

I don't really understand why we must keep on looking for life on other planets...

Because would be one of the most significant discoveries in the history of mankind... have you seriously never wondered if there is anything else out there?

How can this make our world a better place...or how can another planet contribute to us. Expecially if they are lightyears away from our distant planet.

Proof that WE exist could be the greatest disovery to another civilisation out there that has been waiting for such confirmation. If communication could somehow be established then the things we could learn would be unimaginable.

Almost seems impossible to comprehend the money being spend on trying to find things that are more than likely not even there. The universe is just a work of art, and it seems that people don't want to accept it.

What do you mean just a work of art? Are you a creationalist that believe God made the universe for show and we are the only ones in it?

If not... then the chances of there being life on other planets in an 'infinite' universe is HUGE... even if the chance within a solar system is slim. Slim x infinity = almost certainly invitable.

But seems there's no point explaining it... you seem to have a very short-sighted view of these things... i'm sure you would be happy if we still travelled everywhere by horse and cart. :P

the universe is not known to be infinite...Nobody knows much about this universe. What I am saying is we need to be more conerned about our own civilization. Personally I believe there are things out there in the wide range of space that we know exists. But I also believe that we are unique and that we are more then likely put here on earth for a specific reason. For if there is life....there must be a purpose. So why would our purpose be to find life on other planets....when we can't even have decent life on our own planet. I would be embarrased to send information to another civilization. If i were the other civilization I wouldn't want anything to do with earth. Our society is so diverse and everybody must be pleased in one way or another....we are all selfish...why is it that we think another civilization would even want to help us out? It seems to me that the majority of people think optimistic about finding another civilization...but in reality it could be in fact the worst mistake in earths history. For every action there is either a positive or a negative reaction...so we have a 50% chance that something good is going to happen or something bad is going to happen....is that worth knowing? Expecially if this other civilization is hostile to us...because lets say they have a religion and they must rid of us because we could infact destroy their beliefs....consequences are heavy, and we should be using more money on trying to cure things like AIDS, HIV, WORLD HUNGER, and not our own selfish hunger.

*Throws hands in the air in exasperation*

We'll just agree to disagree...

Edited by Richdog

did you even read my post? In 1999 the TOTAL NASA budget was 0.8% of all government spending.

Without space exploration, you wouldn't have mobile phone service on the level we have now, GPS, more accurate weather forcasting, international TV channel signals delivered to your television.

Then, because of the devices used to monitor astronauts in space, there have been improvements on medical monitoring equipment here on earth.

The fact that we >>>may<<< discover intelligent life (or just life) on another planet is a bonus. The real wealth of space exploration would be better manufacturing processes, increase life spans, purer, more refined ore processing, etc, etc, etc.

Then, there is the disticnt possibility that we may find, on other worlds, and abundance of elements that are considered scarce here on old Terra.

But, you seem more concerned with the short term, than the long term chances for our species.