Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Treasure hunter finds ring lost for 400 years

Still Waters

A gold ring made by the wealthy money lender who founded the Grosvenor Estate has been found in a field by a treasure hunter.

The 24-carat piece of jewellery was a 'mourning ring' made in memory of Hugh Audley, who owned the land where Buckingham Palace would later be built.

http://www.dailymail...ney-lender.html

• Like 2

Nice find!

Treasure trove my bum though!! Finders keepers, losers weepers and all that :D

• Like 3

Well .. I wouldn't feel at ease or at peace knowing that it was something of such special significance to someone ~ if it was just some plain old surplus jewelery ~

Yeah ... finders keepers ... and all that weeping or no ~ :lol:

• Like 2

Imagine digging in your garden ...in the home that you have bought/mortgaged and finding a shed load of gold in your potato field ...would you feel the urge to declare it?

I sure as hell wouldn't ..I'd take it to my mate who is a jeweller and have it made into a big ferk off tiara that I can wear when I'm washing my dishes :D

• Like 1

Imagine digging in your garden ...in the home that you have bought/mortgaged and finding a shed load of gold in your potato field ...would you feel the urge to declare it?

I sure as hell wouldn't ..I'd take it to my mate who is a jeweller and have it made into a big ferk off tiara that I can wear when I'm washing my dishes :D

~

~

La lala la la la la ~

~

:yes:

haha indeed my friend ...innonence is bliss *whistles a happy tune*

• Like 1