Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Goddess instead of God

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#91    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostBeany, on 17 December 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

I like the balance, too, that a goddess & her male consort, both equally important, bring to the game. And of course, the terms god & goddess & consort are metaphoric in nature.

Why limit God with our human characteristics?  I see God as a complete unified being with masculine and feminine traits of personality.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#92    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 09 December 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

What if Jesus or Mohammad would have been a women?

They'd be arguing even more. hahaha! hahahahaha!

Edited by Order66, 11 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

#93    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,548 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Don't think this has anything to do with God being male or female, more to do with man's lust and need for fulfilling his desires!

Edited by Mistydawn, 04 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image

#94    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,548 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

View Postcalaf, on 20 December 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Note that Wearer said "prior to". The resolution of this council, the Nicene Creed, is the basic tenet of all Christianity.

View Postcalaf, on 20 December 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

Note that Wearer said "prior to". The resolution of this council, the Nicene Creed, is the basic tenet of all Christianity.
Duly noted

Posted Image

#95    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,548 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostJGirl, on 16 December 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

how human of us to attach gender roles to our deities

JGirl, I totally get your point, but unfortunately with the Christian Biblical texts that state God is your Father, Mary though human was female.
There is no mention of a Mother in Heaven, only God the Man-Father.

Posted Image

#96    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostJ. K., on 11 January 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Why limit God with our human characteristics?  I see God as a complete unified being with masculine and feminine traits of personality.
Isn't that what humans are?

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#97    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,619 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 04 February 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

Isn't that what humans are?

Rephrasing: God contains the full integration of all traits which humanity divides into masculinity and femininity (and probably some other traits of which we can't conceive).

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#98    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostJ. K., on 04 February 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Rephrasing: God contains the full integration of all traits which humanity divides into masculinity and femininity (and probably some other traits of which we can't conceive).
I can accept that as likely. In my understanding,  in christian theologygod did not create MAN  in gods image but humanity. Not necessarily in any physical resemblance, but in terms of what it means to be self aware and able to think at a human or more complex level. As an evolutionist I think that god and humans both evolved similar traits and chaacteristics which allow us to recognise and commuicate with each other. I understand god and perceive "him" best as a male because i am a male. if i was a woman I would, perhaps, perceive and understand god as a woman

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#99    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 04 February 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

I can accept that as likely. In my understanding,  in christian theologygod did not create MAN  in gods image but humanity. Not necessarily in any physical resemblance, but in terms of what it means to be self aware and able to think at a human or more complex level. As an evolutionist I think that god and humans both evolved similar traits and chaacteristics which allow us to recognise and commuicate with each other. I understand god and perceive "him" best as a male because i am a male. if i was a woman I would, perhaps, perceive and understand god as a woman

The closest person to Jesus was a woman, Mary of Magdala, if we can rely on the bible and gnostic texts, as companion, confidant and messenger. Mary has been much venerated over the years as, with Mary the mother of Jesus, she replaced the missing feminine element which had been so important to most previous religions. Jesus's attitude to women was clearly a major factor in his mission and his treatment by the Jerusalem authorities.

#100    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,548 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postlaver, on 09 February 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

The closest person to Jesus was a woman, Mary of Magdala, if we can rely on the bible and gnostic texts, as companion, confidant and messenger. Mary has been much venerated over the years as, with Mary the mother of Jesus, she replaced the missing feminine element which had been so important to most previous religions. Jesus's attitude to women was clearly a major factor in his mission and his treatment by the Jerusalem authorities.
A woman yes, probably. Though most likely she was a child who had just come to puberty and was around the age of 11 or 12.
Jesus's attitude to women or girls, could be seen to be that he didn't quite appreciate the men in his life.

Posted Image

#101    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

There is a Goddess, I have photographic evidence of it too.

Posted Image

Her holiness, Dita Von Teese. LOL at your inferior bearded gods.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#102    Beelze-bob

Beelze-bob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 17 posts

• All war is deception

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

God is defined as a entity Without gender or other characterist,thus giving this"Male God" or "Goddess" the title of "Demi-God" or "Demi-goddess",which is clearly not a god

#103    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Well through some my studies, the feminine concept of the divine came before the masculine. Mainly because women were looked at as the primary producers of life. The masculine was looked at as a half of the feminine energy. Going back into ancient cultures, many people actually don't know that the Sphinx of Giza portrays a woman and  the primary deities of Egypt prior to their Sun deities was Bes and Taweret. Bes for those who didnt know was a hermaphrodite showing the female/male sides equally in the concept of God.

#104    Spore

Spore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 187 posts

• The Golden age is just a step away

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

This is an interesting site: http://www.native-sc...therGoddess.htm

#105    34th prototype

34th prototype

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• I am strong enough to admit that I am weak.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Jesus,Muhammed are not Gods.They are prophets,
their exist one God and he's got no gender.Gender is an idea of his to make continueous existence of humans and also animals.. God dont need a gender to exist.Use a little common sense..Islam is the true religion..And God is too much pure and great to make babies..

Piieces!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users