How much TCH would say... a 40 pound 5 year old, get if they ate 5 brownies that were 20% marijuana... or about 10 onces?? Not sure what the percentages of marijuana in medical grade brownies is, but I'm assuming that if some kid ate a bunch of them really quick, that they would get sick. Is that a reasonable expectation?
None of the kids "smoked" the pot, they ate it. So we have to assume these are 2 to 7 year olds.
Isn't getting really high a symptom of being poisoned? Basically you're being chemically affected, which could be called poisoning even if it is temporary and non-life threatening.
Also, I think I've read that kids that ingest pot regularly have much lower IQ scores.
Bottom line.... Keep the pot away from the Kids.
After a bit of research. Imaging having brownies that were 20% oil. Because that is how THC in consumed through baked goods. An extraction process to extract the oil out which contains, not completely, THC.
In your standard 40g THC brownie slice. You would be ingesting usually anywhere between 40mg-120mg of THC. So 1%-3%. If anyone ingested a 20% brownie I imagine they would probably be in another galaxy by now. Though to even achieve such a result would require huge amounts of marijuana to produce one slice.
So I guess you could work it out from there. If I ate that many brownies very quick, just normal ones, I'd probably feel sick too.
Apparently it takes longer for the effects to kick in while eating than smoking. So it could have hit the kids and they didn't know what was happening to them.
A quick search on google defines a poison as a substance that can cause death or injury from consumption. It is a psychoactive substance, not a poison.
I don't think children should be taking mind altering substances during stages of life where they are undergoing a lot of brain development. Though I don't believe an IQ test is a proper measure of intelligence or that a child would necessarily lose intelligence directly from the consumption of marijuana.