Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Ring..Please help!

jd5351

When my husband and I got married, we could not afford to buy rings. (Well, at least the ring that he wanted me to have.) It's been 2 years, and for Christmas he bought me a beautiful ring.

Well, today at work, I had to take my ring off and put it in my pocket while working. I am an esthetician,and can't wear it while giving a facial. I remember putting it in my pocket, but when I went to put it back on, it was gone. I, along with my coworkers, searched everywhere we could think of,including going into thedumpster to get the trash in case it had been thrown away by mistake. No luck. :(

Is anyone able to see where it could possibly be? Did someone take it, or is it there and we just haven't found it?

This is a picture of the ring if it helps. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/JD5351/100MEDIAIMAG0041_zps5b0c9b59.jpg

I feel so sick right now. I've never been so heartbroken.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jd5351

• docyabut2

• Leah G.

• Ashotep

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you of missed your pocket or did something that would of allowed it to fall out. Sure hope you find it. If I had a ring like that and lost it I would be heartbroken too.

If you find it let us know. WelcomeToTheForum.gif

Hilander,

I wear a jacket at work, and the pockets are fairly deep..I guess it's possible I missed the pocket. Anything is possible at this point. I just want my ring back. :( I have been crying since 4pm when I found it missing...I know it's just a material thing, but it means a lot to me.

Oh sweetheart, please tell me you didn't go to the bathroom during that time that you had it in your pocket!!!

I'm not real good with missing items, if it doesn't have a heartbeat then I usually can't tell where a lost item is but this has so much sentimental value, I am actually feeling that it fell on tile, it made a "tink" sound that you noticed but couldn't identify, I believe you were picking up some towels from the floor?

Any which way about it, I truly hope you find it.

Hugs,

Leah.

The only time I was in the bathroom today, I had my ring on..And I had it on when I left the bathroom. I remember thinking about how sparkly it looked in the mirror on my way out.

I use a lot of towels in my job, but we did go through all the laundry, and I checked in the washing machine and dryer.

Track back, where were you standing when you put the ring in your pocket? Where were you standing when you notice the ring was gone?Are there any potted plants around your shop.Did you work on all your patrons in the same chair or bed. Sometimes small metal items when dropped can get caught in the parts of metal chairs or bed spaces. Good luck :)

Edited by docyabut2

The only time I was in the bathroom today, I had my ring on..And I had it on when I left the bathroom. I remember thinking about how sparkly it looked in the mirror on my way out.

I use a lot of towels in my job, but we did go through all the laundry, and I checked in the washing machine and dryer.

No-no, didn't mean it was in the laundry, I think it's on the floor somewhere, on the tile, it rolled, I keep picturing it in a corner but I think it matches the floor somewhat and you should use a flash light in a darkened room.

I got an image of an ugly olive green/drab brown sofa with sqared off cushions when I first read the title. Maybe it's stuck between the cushions? I'm probably wrong but I hope you find it. I understand the sick feeling of losing something important to you. Good luck!

The reason I suggest the chairs, is my hubby lost two little keys on a small metal loop,( round like your ring,)we looked for days. He has a power chair with all those metal bolts and gagets sticking out ever where underneath. I search in the chair never thinking of looking underneath. One day I was on my knees looking for something else he had dropped near the chair and there was the keys, the ring caught on one of those bolts. Good luck just a idea:)

When I get to work today I'll try all these ideas. I really need to find it. I haven't slept all night and feel sick. I'll update if I find anything.

Our chairs we use are just simple round stools..Really nowhere to get anything stuck, but I will look carefully.

Check around the entire hem of your jacket. Is it possible the pocket you put it in has a whole in it that might have fed into the hem wound the jacket? I have a coat pocket that does that.

If not: Say a prayer to St. Anthony.... (patron St. of lost articles) and make him a pledge if he helps you find it you will give a donation ($5. $10 $20) to St. Jude's children's hospital..and mean it. You have to know that you will give your pledged amount and you will find it. Perhaps not instantly.... but keep the prayer going... This is my aunt's (92 yrs. old) method to find anything... and it has amazed me before when I found my article!