Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Source: Arrest in Holloway case made in the

__Kratos__

(CNN) -- Dutch police have arrested an acquaintance of Joran van der Sloot, who was once a focus of the investigation into last year's disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, a source close to the case told CNN.

The arrest was carried out last week in the Netherlands, said the source, who did not have any other details.

Dutch authorities have cooperated with Aruba, a self-governing Dutch protectorate, in the ongoing investigation.

Karen Janssen, the chief prosecutor in Aruba, declined to comment on the arrest.

Under Dutch law, police can hold a suspect for more than 100 days before filing charges.

The arrest was the eighth in the case. The other people detained, including van der Sloot, have been released.

Holloway, then 18, was last seen leaving a nightclub in Oranjestad, Aruba, on May 30, 2005, with three young men -- Dutch national Joran van der Sloot, the son of an Aruban judge, and Surinamese brothers Deepak, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18.

The three men -- who have maintained their innocence -- were arrested the following month, but released after a judge ruled there was insufficient evidence to hold them.

Source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• greywolf

• __Kratos__

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they all had something to do with it.

i'm just curious to find out what they did with the body!probably thrown in the sea. :unsure:

i'm just curious to find out what they did with the body!probably thrown in the sea. :unsure:

Oh yeah I'm sure of that. And it's in pieces.

Oh yeah I'm sure of that. And it's in pieces.

yeah,shark food no doubt!