Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Antichrist (quotes from the past)

antiaging

The following quotes show just how far the churches of today have strayed from the wisdom of their founding fathers.

Martin Luther

(1483-1546) (Lutheran)

"We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist." (Aug. 18, 1520) Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 2, pg. 121 by Froom.

John Calvin

(1509-1564) (Presbyterian)

"Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt...I shall briefly show that (Paul's words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." Taken from "Institutes" by John Calvin.

Cotton Mather

(1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.

John Knox

(1505-1572) (Scotch Presbyterian)

Knox wrote to abolish "that tyranny which the pope himself has for so many ages exercised over the church" and that the pope should be recognized as "the very antichrist, and son of perdition, of whom Paul speaks." Taken from "The Zurich Letters" pg. 199 by John Knox.

Thomas Cranmer

(1489-1556) (Anglican)

"Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons." (Referring to prophecies in Revelation and Daniel.) Taken from "Works" by Cranmer, Vol. 1, pp. 6-7.

John Wesley

(1703-1791) (Methodist)

Speaking of the Papacy he said, "He is in an emphatical sense, the Man of Sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled the Son of Perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers...He it is...that exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped...claiming the highest power, and highest honor...claiming the prerogatives which belong to God alone." Taken from "Antichrist and His Ten Kingdoms" by John Wesley, pg. 110.

Roger William

(1603-1683) (First Baptist Pastor in America)

He spoke of the Pope as "the pretended Vicar of Christ on earth, who sits as God over the Temple of God, exalting himself not only above all that is called God, but over the souls and consciences of all his vessals, yea over the Spirit of Christ, over the Holy Spirit, yea, and God himself...speaking against the God of heaven, thinking to changed times and laws: but he is the son of perdition (II Thess. 2)." Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers" by Froom, Vol. 3, pg. 52.

Quoted from GREAT PROPHECIES OF THE BIBLE by Woodrow.

©1984-2001 Chick Publications, Inc. All rights reserved

The pope's title, "Vicar of Christ" means antichrist by definition: JESUS CHRIST HAS NO VlCAR. Vicar, from the Latin "vicarius" means "in the place of" e.g. vicarius sacrifice of Christ being His sacrifice in the place of the sinner. Papal claims such as infallibility, Head of the Church, Holy Father, all seek to put the Pope in the place of Christ, which place only the Living Christ can have. This false assumption of Rome is expressly put forward in the Papal title "Vicar of Jesus Christ".

The New Testament was written in Greek, and the Greek translation of " vicar of Christ" is "Anti (instead of)-christos", or in our English Bible, "Antichrist". The word "Antichrist" is not just a word of wild insult, but is a Bible warning of the false role assumed by the Popes of Rome as supposed vicars of Christ, (See 1 John 2:18 D.V.).

The Greek word for "Vice President" is "Anti-Proedros"; Because Anti, which means opposite, also means "replacement" or "instead", as in Vicar or Viceroy or Vicarious.

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the Earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke as a dragon. And he exercises all the power of the first beast before him, and causes the Earth and them that dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

The first beast is the antichrist, and this second beast is refered to as the false prophet, Rev. 20. If the antichrist is going to be the last pope, then the false prophet must be the last jesuit superior general. It is common knowledge at the vatican that the jesuit superior general, who is referred to as the black pope, is the real power behind the vatican. The pope is just a figure head. The jesuit superior general has an army of over 200,000 jesuits pledged to obey him to the death, and these have an army of workers under their control that are set up in high positions in governments, business, law enforcement, entertainment, news media, organized crime, and even spies in protestant churches. These are all controlled by the jesuit superior general at the top. The relationship between the Pope and the jesuit superior general is the same as the relationship between the beast and the false prophet that is stated in Revelation 13:12. The jesuit superior general exercises all of the power of the pope, and he provides the manpower and the propaganda that tends to cause the world to serve or worship the pope.

http://www.fourwinds10.com/corner/black-pope.htm Read about the Vatican power structure - the most powerful man in the world

Many political leaders, no matter what religion they PRETEND to belong to, take orders from that man.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• antiaging

• Mekorig

• Amalgamut

and famous catholic people at that.

why do people always pick on famous people?

478253[/snapback]

Who wants to pick on somebody that one does not know? hmm.gif

478253[/snapback]

Who wants to pick on somebody that one does not know? hmm.gif

478255[/snapback]

In his book FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME, former catholic priest Charles Chiniquy had this to say about the Jesuits: "The Jesuits are a military organization, not a religious order. Their chief is the general of an army, not the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is power. Power in the most despotic excercise. Absolute power, universal power, power to control the World by the volition (will) of a single man. Jesuitism is the most absolute of despotisms (dictatorship); and at the same time, the greatest and the most enormous of abuses." (The most monstrous hurt, injury and damage) "The general of the jesuits insists on being master, sovereign over the sovereign. Wherever the jesuits are admitted they will be masters, cost what it may. Their society is by nature dictatorial, and therefore it is the irreconcilable enemy of all constituted authority. Every act, every crime, however attrocious, is a meritorious work, if committed for the interest of the society of the jesuits, or by the order of its general. page 174, in the book, FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME, by Charles Chiniquy. You can read this book online at this website: http://www.biblebelievers.com/chiniquy/index.html

And all the other christian sects are pure and innnocent. evil, evil catolicts and their evil pope.

You cited Chick publications, one of the more wacky and crazy crist-fundie publications. Thats a minus twenty point in my book. tongue.gif

UGH Chick.. *CRINGES*

The guy accually thinks DnD leads to baby sacrifice...

And that the players cast real spells..and that all catolics are evil minion of the devil, and a lot more of fanatic nosenses. I love the anti-chick tracks that are in the web.

Edited by Mekorig

I played DnD.. and can't cast spells...

WHAT A JIP!

i pplay mage, D&D and a lot of RPG games, and i dont cast spells or sacrifice babies...at least on Mondays. ;P

i played D&D once. it degenerated into a shouting match along these lines

Me: "We did too tell you we were taking the orc's armor!"

The GM: "No you didnt"

Me: "Yes we did!"

GM: "Thats it, you dont get to roll your own dice anymore."

Saly, it happens that way sometimes. Generally the rpg are a good way of passing an afternoon whit some friends.

In his book FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME, former catholic priest Charles Chiniquy had this to say about the Jesuits: "The Jesuits are a military organization, not a religious order. Their chief is the general of an army, not the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is power. Power in the most despotic excercise. Absolute power, universal power, power to control the World by the volition (will) of a single man. Jesuitism is the most absolute of despotisms (dictatorship); and at the same time, the greatest and the most enormous of abuses." (The most monstrous hurt, injury and damage) "The general of the jesuits insists on being master, sovereign over the sovereign. Wherever the jesuits are admitted they will be masters, cost what it may. Their society is by nature dictatorial, and therefore it is the irreconcilable enemy of all constituted authority. Every act, every crime, however attrocious, is a meritorious work, if committed for the interest of the society of the jesuits, or by the order of its general. page 174, in the book, FIFTY YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME, by Charles Chiniquy. You can read this book online at this website: http://www.biblebelievers.com/chiniquy/index.html

478265[/snapback]

The Extreme Oath of the Jesuits, at this website:

http://www.reformation.org/oath.html

I thought it was already settled!? I am the antichrist...

Or so I've been called. hmm.gif

Edit:

Damn smiley

Edited by Stellar

478253[/snapback]

And famous catholic people at that.

478253[/snapback]

Because they're famous.

A better question is, who knew god was a perfect source of extracting fame?

lol Sheesh.. Antichrists are like anyone that aren't christian. -OR- I think, it might be anyone that god wont allow into heaven. I know it's either of the above, but I can't be too sure!!!

I'm not really good at sarcasm in the form of text am I.

more evidence about the jesuit preists. this clearly supports alberto rivera.

The Catholic church is way out there in left field for sure...of course you Catholics don't think that do you? tongue.gif But when you think about it....Catholic membership is drastically declining in America and Europe. The religion that is advancing faster than the rest is Islam. So...who is the AntiChrist: The Catholics or the Muslims? tongue.gif

But truly folks, what real difference does it make? You are all going to worship him. And please don't tell me you had rather lose everything you own and be killed...when push comes to shove...you WILL worship the AntiChrist. Damn straight you will! yes.gif

somehow... I don't see myself falling over my heels to worship anyone....

u wont literally worship the antichrist. his mark is sunday worship. the national sunday law will be passed and enforced.

Then I'll be sent to jail... I refuse to let my governmaent tell me who what and when to worship.

u wont literally worship the antichrist. his mark is sunday worship. the national sunday law will be passed and enforced.

huh.gif What the hell are you talking about?

I think he means that sometime, there will be a "Worship on sunday or else!" law that will be passed and inforced. And that's the mark of this beast dealy....

Revelations Chapter 13:

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. And he caused all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Uh... right then.

Nope.. still not going for it.