Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Upcoming New Site Features

Saru

Here's a little taster of what's to come in the new site.

Main Page News

--------------------

The main page will be completely different to it's current appearance, with 4 sections of news that will be updated often. These aren't confirmed yet, but have a good possibility of being "Technology/Space, Unexplained, Weird World, Reports".

A central News Column will display new stories and articles of particular relevance, with a Comments feature which lets visitors discuss the stories and events as they appear on the main page.

Dedicated Paranormal/Unexplained Search Engine

---------------------------------------------------------------

Integrated into the site will be a Search Engine solely dedicated to unexplained related web sites. Webmasters will be able to submit their site into the search engine database, resulting in a constantly updating search facility for finding information on the unexplained without trawling through large amounts of irrelevant sites on the large search engine.

Sightings Database Auto-Submission

----------------------------------------------

The Sightings Database will be equipped with a facility that allows visitors to submit reports and sightings automatically, meaning instant-updating of the database, and a lot more reports than are available for viewing at present.

The A To Z Index

---------------------

The A To Z will be updated with an easier to use browsing function, and more than double the current number of pages.

Java Chat Room

--------------------

A new java chat room will be included in the site to make it easier than ever to access the chat room, without having to download and install mIRC.

Other confirmed changes will be posted in this section of the board as progress is made.

In the meantime, all comments, ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.   :se

:sk  :su

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Homer

• Mystify

• Tommy

Top Posters In This Topic

That is pretty Sweeeeeeeet Gareth!  :su

Another update on the above additions :

The Search engine has been implemented and is fully functional, ready for sites to be added to it.

( It won't be available for general use yet, however will be available once the new site is up and running )

I will be adding a variety of sites to it to start off with, but if anyone would like to suggest any sites to include, let me know and I'll add them aswell.

:sk

• 2 weeks later...

SaRuMaN,

Just wanted to say you're doing a great job keeping the main page news columns up to date and informative. I appreciate the time spent on keeping it current, along with all the other stuff you have to do with this site. I am a news freak, especially with global current events as well as scientific news, and find myself reading articles from the main page I've never read before.

Great job SaRuMaN! Keep up the good work :sk

Well said,  Homer,  and SO true!!  

Congratulations SaRuMaN,  on your fantastic website!

:sr :sr :sr

SuRaMaN sounds you are working hard with a lot of things done & like lots of great things planned

:s06              Well done             :s06