Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rap Appreciation Thread

Deimos

ok, I'm just gonna start this by saying

1st: I know most people out there hate rap, and I have no problems with that, but if you hate rap, don't post in here. this thread is only for people who like rap and/or have an appreciation for it.

2nd: None of us that like rap have come onto any type of threads about other music and starting putting oit down, so if you could do the same and keep negative thoughts on rap out of here we rap fans would appreciate it original.gif if you want to knock rap put it in the "Bad Rap" thread.

3rd: to all those who like rap, feel free to post thoughts and opinions on your favorite artists! original.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _hAiLO_

• mypaddedroom

• DarkSinister

• Super Pancake

As much as i would like to dis rap right now tongue.gif I'm not gonna tongue.gif

There is maybe two or so rap songs that i like.

1. "Clint Eastwood" - Gorillaz

2. erm....ok, so i can only think of one right now tongue.gif

As much as i would like to dis rap right now tongue.gif I'm not gonna tongue.gif

There is maybe two or so rap songs that i like.

1. "Clint Eastwood" - Gorillaz

2. erm....ok, so i can only think of one right now tongue.gif

447799[/snapback]

weell, I gotta thank you. I know a lotta people hate rap, but as long as they don't post it in here is all. thanx for your respect and honesty though. I appreciate it man thumbsup.gif

I like rap. I don't across the board like ALL rap, just because it IS rap. But there are some great songs out. The clubs where I live play a lot of Ying Yang twins - "Shake it Like a Salt Shaker" and "Balls to the Wall" are great club songs. I also like "Lean Back" by Terror Squad (love to see a whole club doing the Lean Back! grin2.gif ). I like anything mixed by Lil' Jon, cause he has got the beats in the business.

I own every Eminem CD as well as D12, which features a lot of Eminem.

Love Nelly (and I actually think that his song with Tim McGraw is pretty good)

Love Trina and so many others.

I'll stop boring you now with my list tongue.gif

as well as D12, which features a lot of Eminem.

447962[/snapback]

thats funny, seeing as how its his band and all rolleyes.gif

yes i am a huge rap fan. i like the fact that we have a rap thread. and it would be nce if it would stay as an apreciation thread. please dont come in here badmouthing rap unless you are ready to be schooled in good music.

my rap favorites include:

kool keith

murs

mf doom

aesop rock

motion man

level jumpers

esham

dead prez

and more.

mostly underground stuff you will never hear.

i generally dont like rap, but there are a few rap/rock rap/metal bands that i like. my fav is (hed) pe. they are heavy but they give a good blend of rap into it as well, which i think works really well. i also like that Clint Eastwood song by Gorillaz that Janiel mentioned before. infact, i used to have that whole album, but i sold it. there are normal rap songs that i dont mind as well, but i dont know the names of them.

Edited by hereticdude666

I like rap.  I don't across the board like ALL rap, just because it IS rap.  But there are some great songs out.  The clubs where I live play a lot of Ying Yang twins - "Shake it Like a Salt Shaker" and "Balls to the Wall" are great club songs.

447962[/snapback]

another fan of the Ying Yang twins? awesome, and yeah those are great songs. but actually balls to teh wall is called "Get Low" ,lol but yeah that song is awesome

I like rap.  I don't across the board like ALL rap, just because it IS rap.  But there are some great songs out.  The clubs where I live play a lot of Ying Yang twins - "Shake it Like a Salt Shaker" and "Balls to the Wall" are great club songs.

447962[/snapback]

another fan of the Ying Yang twins? awesome, and yeah those are great songs. but actually balls to teh wall is called "Get Low" ,lol but yeah that song is awesome

448828[/snapback]

Ha! You are right! My bad. I didn't believe you until I went and looked at my CD! original.gif Hey, no matter what it's called...I have danced my ass off to that song. tongue.gif

yeah, I like all the beats that have come out of Atlanta. tey're really getting put on the map with Lil jon, Ying yang Twins, Crime Mob, Trilville and other rappers from the ATL

Where I'm originally from....Birmingham, Alabama. The Ying Yang twins were BANNED. You have to be really decadent to be banned from The Sheraton Hotel in Birmingham, Alabama! tongue.gif I wasn't there though, I don't know. blink.gif

Atlanta IS hot right now, someone else from there I like is Trick Daddy (even though he hasn't had anything new lately). Trina raps on a lot of his songs and I like her, too.

Oh, I had to come back and add Snoop Dogg. How can we forget that smooth rapper. Love his stuff. 'Specially his new CD. And Gin -n- Juice is a classic (I even heard a country version of it the other day! Hey, I do live down south - we deep fry everything tongue.gif

Edited by Gulf_Breeze

hehe....my favorite rap, mostly Gagnsta Rap happy.gif . I don't glorify the Gangster, I think they need to think about life living on a gun, but their life moralities on surviving are sadly their only choice sad.gif .....but them rappers living in luxary, hehe....yup, full of wisdom laugh.gif .

My favorite rappers usually are in groups:

D-12

WestSide Connection

G-Unit

Terror Squad

Wu-Tang(a little)

I've got T.I.'s video 'Bring 'em out' downloaded, I love the beat and the flow he projects in the song grin2.gif .

T.I. 'Bring 'em out' feat. Jay-Z and some other dude...

TIP comin live from the VIP

heard the night life lost life when I leave

Both the Feds and the State wanna see my need

The whole city got bizzerk he got treat

hmm, so many artists. I guess my faves are (in no particular order)

Ruff Ryders

DMX

Drag-On

Trillville

Lil' Scrappy

Xzibit

The Game

Snoop Dogg

Cam'Ron

Young Buck

Tupac

Biggie

50 Cent

Ruff Ryders

West Side connection

Lil' Wayne

Method Man

Red Man

Crime Mob

G-Unit

Gang Starr

Ying Yang Twins

Nas

I can't wait for Game's d comes out the 18th it's going to be great!By the way yall can checkout his website and forum to. It's HERE also Game goes to the site to answer questions often it's great. Everyone who likes rap go cop that album!

yeah, I want his album too. Game is defiinitly one of the better rappers out there

Whats one of his good songs? I want to know just how good he is. Lloyd Banks is my favorite G-Unit rapper because of his style.

^really? i actually think he's one of the lower rappers in G Unit. I like Young buck a lot more, but too bad about him. anywa, a good song form Game is WEstside Story, and Envy Me. I also have some of his freestyles and he's pretty good.

Well, we have our different interests laugh.gif . What made me like Lloyd Banks was 'On Fire', 'I'm so Fly' and all the other songs in his album...

But thanks for the songs on The Game original.gif . I'll check it out, i'll be he is really good because he is from G-Unit.

[edit]hehe, dude I just listened to Westside Story and it rocks laugh.gif . He sounds just a little bit like Lloyd Banks, but his style is different and its pretty good. I liked the song, maybe cuz I live in the westside grin2.gif .

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE

^Westside Connection they stil around I think it was last year they dropped a album. And as for G-Unit I like them all!I got g-unit shirts & shoes lol. I think Lloyd Banks is better at freestyling then writing songs. His first album did not live up to his hype, but I stilll like him.

I think Jin is a good freestyler laugh.gif . Why hasn't he sent out another album yet? Yet along a new single/song...

Because his album came out like 6months ago. lol He just had a single called "sinorita" don't know if I spelled that right. But anyways his alnum had 2 singles one months ago and then his album came out just a few months ago. I can wait for GAME's album 2morrow!!!

I think Jin is a good freestyler laugh.gif . Why hasn't he sent out another album yet? Yet along a new single/song...

453279[/snapback]

Jin? I hated him. he was pretty weak to me. I think there is much better new talent like Trilville and Game

I like:

Lil Jon

G-unit

I could go on forever but my brain isnt working for some reason what happened to tony yayo?