Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NHL

horrification

where the hell did it go??? it jus suddenly stopped coming on the tele....does anybody know why?!!? crying.gif

hahah.

Because it doesn't exist anymore...

they need to improve the game

i played hockey for about 20 years

and i cant watch the NHL on TV too boring sleepy.gif

1. get rid of off-sides rule

2. get rid of icing rule

3. make goal 1 foot bigger on each side

i believe it would be way more popular if average scores were 18-16

where the hell did it go??? it jus suddenly stopped coming on the tele....does anybody know why?!!?    crying.gif

547908[/snapback]

a quick synopsis.

10 years agao, the forces that be, the nhlpa(national hockey league players association and their leader, bob goodenow) and the nhl owners(represented by gary betteman) came up with a collective agreement that paved the way for players to make tons of money, and small market teams to run a deficit.

last fall that 10 year agreement was up, and the owners wanted a new agreement with players, intially the nhpla would not agree to anything as they believed the owners would not lock the players out, and start a season, even if it was to start late.

the players really didn't realize most owners of the clubs were losing less money not having a season, than actually having a season.

in february, the owners threw an 11th hour deal at the players, salary cap and all, and the greedy players wouldn't accept it.

that offer has now been pulled off the table and the owners are offering less.

newest update is, the palyers and owners will be meeting once again next monday to see if some agreement can be reached, if not hockey for next season may be in jeopardy as well, although the owners state they will get replacement players in if the cashheads won't play.

it sucks, it's ridiculous. i have no respect for the players, as many fans don't, and i've never seen a sport where the fans are on the owners side.

the world championships are coming up, you can see some half decent hockey there, but i am missing what should be the playoffs now, and all i can hope is that the idiots on both sides, fix things.

Yup.

Normally the city is full of honking horns and the like around about now. It's so quiet this year. sad.gif

How dare I what horrification? It's true!

Yup.

Normally the city is full of honking horns and the like around about now. It's so quiet this year. sad.gif

How dare I what horrification? It's true!

548576[/snapback]

i was talking to et's daddy

NHL lockout anyone heard of it?

Players are so greedy they don't play well enough to get the money their gettin

• 1 month later...
they need to improve the game

i played hockey for about 20 years

and i cant watch the NHL on TV    too boring  sleepy.gif

1. get rid of off-sides rule

2. get rid of icing rule

3. make goal 1 foot bigger on each side

i believe it would be way more popular if average scores were 18-16

548422[/snapback]

How can you say that if you've played hockey for 20 years.

The goal 1 foot bigger on each side! that's stupid

Average scores 18-16! WHAT!!!

Games are more fun to atch if it's like 1-0 2-1 becuase 1 goal can make the difference.Blow out games are not fun to watch.

• 4 months later...

OK IT'S BACK.

pre season begins in two weeks.

the rookie camps are this week.

big retiree names this week, al mcinnis(hardest slapshot in the nhl) scott stevens(he gave lindross the concussion that ruined his carreer) and vincent damphouse(montreal canadians last time they won the cup)

being the ottawa fan, i love the trade for danny heatley.

and if you're a leaf fan, well then i feel for you i truly do.

are u ready? what do u think?

Well teh only way I`ll see any NHL matches if its really back is by watching good old pay-tv. Ice hockey isn`t very big down under!

don't worry aztec, i'll keep you, and anyone else who has little access to the fastest game in the world, up to date as best i can.

here's the latest story about one of those hanging up the skates for good.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...es20050907.html

being the ottawa fan, i love the trade for danny heatley.

and if you're a leaf fan, well then i feel for you i truly do.

are u ready? what do u think?

834450[/snapback]

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SENS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

oh, here's something you might like, Jeceris looooooooool

user posted image

grin2.gif

that's brilliant wabbit!!!!!

are you a fan of the sens as well?

looking forward to the first game. i have tickets for the preseason game between ottawa and pittsburgh, hopefully get to see sidney crosby play.

i'm looking forward to that. thumbsup.gif

I'm definitely a Sens fan! and I envy you for having those tickets... I'll probably be going a few times myself this year to the Corel Center to watch them beat the heck out of the Habs, Leafs and others thumbsup.gif

(sorry for noticing, but you drink Moosehead? that's a Maritimers' beer lol I should know.. I lived in NS for over 10 years)

• 2 weeks later...

things are allready heating up, and it's only pre-season.

you should have seen that hit, roenick was rocked, but that "french guy with the visor" will have to look over his shoulder next time they meet up.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=137855

i'm off to the pre-season game tomorrow between ottawa and pittsburgh.

should be good seeing mario and the kid. :tu:

off to see "sid the kid" tonight.

i know, you're all jealous.

senators are undefeated in pre-season play so far.

it's a good sign

Last season was pretty interesting here in Sweden what with all the "over seas-people" playing here, and for the first time in my life I got myself a favourite team: Mora.

user posted image

And why did I start cheering for them? Well, they had this Slovakian dude playing for them and he was a hottie. You might recognise him?

user posted image

Last season was pretty interesting here in Sweden what with all the "over seas-people" playing here, and for the first time in my life I got myself a favourite team: Mora.

user posted image

And why did I start cheering for them? Well, they had this Slovakian dude playing for them and he was a hottie. You might recognise him?

user posted image

i believe that's marian hossa, former ottawa senator and now has been traded to the atlanta thrashers for danny heatly, brilliant trade as far as i'm concerned.

it's opening night, all 30 teams in action tonight.

and grapes is pisking ottawa to go all the way, but what does he know.

http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hockey/200...248779-sun.html

Hossa it is! *gives a cookie to jeceris*

I must say people here in Sweden are quite as exited about the NHL starting as you people are, but with one difference: all they talk about here is Peter "Foppa" Forsberg.