Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

What's a random thing that scares you?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#16    TheDarkEnergy

TheDarkEnergy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Tomorrow's life is too late. Live today!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

I get scared most when at night I hear knocking sound coming from inside my refrigerator as if something is trying to get out  :w00t:

:cry: Every decision we make is meaningless because somewhere, on a parallel Earth, we have already made the opposite choice.

#17    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

View PostRockabyeBillie, on 28 September 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

Shooting stars

Really??

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#18    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 15,009 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

View Postand then, on 28 September 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

A ringing phone middle of night.

I was trying to figure out what mine was and that is it. The other thing is someone looking in my windows...which has happened a few times. I know people that live in the woods and don't have curtains...I am never comfortable in their house.

#19    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Crazy, stupid or even just unsympathetic people who get control of a power like  guns, bombs, or control in a government.

#20    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Sobriety.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#21    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,898 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Being caught in the middle lane with huge semi's on either side, or in the lane with a concrete barrier and truck next to me.  Had a truck change lanes without seeing me once and had to slam on the brakes or I would have been a pancake, now I just freak if it looks anything remotely like that could happen again.  I either speed so that can't catch up or slow right down so they slip right by me but won't drive next to a truck.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#22    The Mule

The Mule

Beast of Burden

• 4,004 posts

• Is there concrete all around, or is it in my head?

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

Marionettes really creep me out...

Posted Image

...never let a little thing like a fact get in the way of a good theory!

...arguably the worlds smartest mule!

#23    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostWookietim, on 28 September 2012 - 07:34 PM, said:

I'll start : At night I hate to get up to use the bathroom because my back is turned to the door when I do... and there is always a thought in the back of my head that when i turn around something will be standing there...

Left wingers scare the daylights out of me!

While debating with them its scary how a flaw in their argument can be pointed out only for them to delude it away. They have the ability to kangeroo court built into them.

I wonder how many died under Communism as a result of it.

#24    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

I don't like a lit room with a curtain-less window and it's dark outside. Creeps me out. Also, and I hate to say it, people with visible mental issues. Can't tell what will set them off.

Posted Image

#25    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

View Postand then, on 28 September 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

A ringing phone middle of night.

I was struggling for something 'random' that scares me. and then I read your post...

Spot on, it can only be bad news if your phone rings in the middle of the night, always makes my heart skip a beat. Unless of course you are young free and single, in which case a midnight phone call can have a very different meaning. ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb, 01 October 2012 - 10:35 AM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#26    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Clowns....dont like them at all.....

#27    johnny blue eyes

johnny blue eyes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I often get scared when i start asking myself silly questions like "what am i?" "am i real?" "what is this world we live in?" "is that real?" "what  is life?"
"why does it seem that not a lot of people care about the answers to these questions?" " are they real?"

#28    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

When you see something dart across a hall/road/TV screen/room and then if you have someone with you then you ask them, "Did you see that?"  then they say either, "Nope!" or "See what?"    Also, when you have shared an experience with someone or a group and then later when you bring it up, they look at you like you are crazy and say, "I don't remember that..."

#29    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostMantis914, on 01 October 2012 - 06:41 PM, said:

When you see something dart across a hall/road/TV screen/room and then if you have someone with you then you ask them, "Did you see that?"  then they say either, "Nope!" or "See what?"    Also, when you have shared an experience with someone or a group and then later when you bring it up, they look at you like you are crazy and say, "I don't remember that..."

New car Mantis?

I hope its worth ditching the Plymouth for ;)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#30    Amy the Mighty

Amy the Mighty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Huntsman spiders (or any spider. I live in Australia. The spiders here bash you up and steal your purse), Mike Whitney (former Australian cricketer. I think it's his hair.), Anthony Kiedis from the Chilli Peppers. (Something about his face terrifies me. If I was ever repressing some brutal and abusive memory from my childhood, I imagine that the villain would have his face.)

I work with crazy people, and violent people, and people "in crisis," and I'm not allowed to sedate them. I don't normally get scared of them. I've been assaulted so many times I've lost count, but I find most people, even unpredictable, violent, psychiatric people, are generally decent if you're patient and you have a sense of humour.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users