Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What martial art should I do?

Ghø§t

I wanna do a new martial art... Taekwondo is boring. xD

I wanna do one that's more spiritual and more focused than Taekwondo, but I wanna MA that also is pretty physical and teaches you alot. After 7 years I got my black belt... and it's the real deal too, certified by Kukkiwon meaning that I'm now eligable to join the Olympics. But I'm tired of TKD like I said... does anyone have any suggestions as to what MA I should join?

Remember, I want a MA that's more about concentration and all that stuff... But I also wanna kick some *ss. :) I was thinking about Kung Fu but it's illegal. :(

Edited by __Ghost__

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghø§t

• capoeiranger

• Neognosis

• Godofcats

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never tryed a MA. All i can say is why not try a little bit of everyone to see what one you like the most.

If you up for MA you should join it

On free time's i go and teach white belts for karate.

When I mean MA I meant martial art... Mauy Thai seems cool but im not sure..

When I mean MA I meant martial art... Mauy Thai seems cool but im not sure..

It has been called the most pure and most effective stand up fighting system in the world.

Yeah it seems good, I'll read up on it.

Edited by __Ghost__

You can invent your own martial arts.

But this generation, you're good if you can run faster.

Remember, I want a MA that's more about concentration and all that stuff... But I also wanna kick some *ss. original.gif I was thinking about Kung Fu but it's illegal. sad.gif

why kungfu is illegal ??? too dangerous ?

i want to lear kungfu but im too old. my bone is not flexible anymore :P

"more spiritual and more focused"

Well for that id say one of the older martial arts, Shotokan would be good because it CAN be traditional, but depending where you are the sensei vary on their methods, i do shotokan and ever sensei which iv rained under is totally different from the other ! try meybe Brazilian jujitsu, 9 out of 10 fights go to the ground you know, judo is also good or maybe even akido.

True... I was thinking of learning Aikido and Judo... I might take that into consideration. :) Thanks.

How about a soft MA like Shotokai?

Something in between a soft and hard style.. or one that has both would be good... I'll read up on all of your suggestions guys. xD ty

Try Chinese martial art like San Shoo or perhaps Ba Ji Quan, however it takes a loot of practices and you'll have to concentrate more, but seriously, both are powerful.

On another opinion, I joined Capoeira for 3 years and I feel satisfied about it. I also learned a great deal of musics, philosophy, Brazilian history and most of all, it's the most fun martial arts I ever do, as one of the rules on a ring is that you have to maintain a SMILE! Yet you can still tackle you opponent down if you want to. It even goes along with you TKD history :tu:

True. xD Have you seen that movie "Only the Strong"? My TKD instructer was in that movie ><

He was in the basketball scene and he was also the welder who tried to kill the main good guy. Lol he always jokes about how he whooped the main dude's ass in a sparring session. xD

I started Aikido when I was around 10 years old. I don't remember much other than how to put someone on there a***..

Edited by Anvil

I don't know... the easy part is picking a type of MA.. the hard part is actually finding an instructer and finding out how much he/she charges. xD

I'm thinking about all your suggestions guys.. thanks alot. xD

True... I was thinking of learning Aikido and Judo... I might take that into consideration. :) Thanks.

Iv never seen Aikido in a fight, a real fight, Ever ! so im Slightly skeptical. if anyone HAS used Aikido in a real fight please tell me !

Judo is also good.......Flip a coin ! that or do some research