Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what are your hobbies?!

zygon

ok, just post what your hobbies are and mybe a bit of background info on how you got into it and how long you've been doing it etc

ok, i'm into magic and have been into since i was about 4 years old.i'm a member of the young magicians club and a more local club called the ace magic club.

i'm also into juggling but am still learning to master it, i juggle balls, rings and clubs at the moment and hope to learn alot more about them and learn cool stuff.

i also own a unicycle which i got last christmas and am still learning to ride it. i can go ride it for quite a long time and can jump up and down kerbs. im still tying to learn to idle (going backwards and forwards on the same spot) but am finding that quite difficult.

i used to be into skating but since i broke my arm doing it i've kind of gone off it although i still use my board.

im also into video games, i own a gamecube, playstation 2 and obviously a PC.

im into rock, punk and metal music.

i absolutely love computers and spend a bit too much time on them, especially if i get addicted to a game or get chatting to mates on msn.

as you can see from my hobbies im a bit of a case lol.

look forward to finding out everyone elses hobbies!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Momma Acorah

• tk master

• spacenut

The Sera One has many hobbies...but I'll just limit myself to the ones that take up most of my time...

Wrestling - Har de har har!

Four score and seven years ago....okay...more like five....a friend of my brother's came up to our house for the first time. It was on this fateful day that, as the evening approached, he asked us if we wanted to watch wrestling, as he usually did, and the appointed hour had come for one of the weekly shows...we agreed, though it must be said with a certain amount of "uh....o...kay..."

Five years later, I probably number among the most avid and opinionated wrestling fans in Scotland, am currently training in the art of wrestling, and can make grown men twice my size tap like Michael Flatley on steriods just by getting a hold of a toe devil.gif

My training is, however, stictly a hobby...I don't actually have aspirations for a career in the ring (being 5'10 and 120lbs wouldn't exactly aid me in trying that), so it's just a way of enjoying myself....some people have karate, some people have judo, I have wrestling cool.gif Spending five hours every sunday having the living crap knocked out of me...life is good.

Writing

As far removed as wrestling as possibly are my writing persuits...this I actually DO have hopes of one day turning into a career, as I've actually turned out to be quite good. Since primary school, writing short stories has always been something I've enjoyed doing (in fact I even made a point of saving my old jotters since day one to keep a hold of all the stories I wrote tongue.gif) and after coming much further than "the cat sat on the mat" in the last 14 years, I would like to think I'll eventually be able to make some money out of it...if not, at the very least I might get something published on the side of some other more mundane, far less rewarding job crying.gif

Most of what I write is of the high fantasy genre...in fact, I've spent the last three years trying to hammer out several versions of a story involving the exact same characters that I've completely restarted any number of times because I wasn't happy with it wacko.gif

RPing

My writing really has been helped along by the fact I've spent the last six years or so hoping from one pbp RPG forum, or e-fed, or suchlike to the next. Altogether, I wouldn't be surprised to find the sheer volume of RPing I've done amounts to several books, and I sometimes look back and wonder why I didn't have the presense of mind to keep it to myself and make a novel out of it instead dontgetit.gif

Edited by Seraphina

Horses

I have had and been around horses all my life. I break and train horses and of course enjoy the often trail ride up in the Mountains.

Computer Graphics

I have worked in graphics for the last 10 years and believe it or not still enjoy it.

Current News and Affairs

I don't know if this classifies as a hobby or not... but I am a BIG News Buff. My favorite programs are CNN Headline News the Local News... anything on Discovery News.... News News News.... thumbsup.gif

Paintball

Video games are fun , but nothing beats actually pulling the trigger in real life and running around in real life . Its fun playing against good people since its a challenge , and also fun playing against noobs since they hide in the bunkers the entire game . ( You can run behind the bunker and storm them devil.gif )

video games

this varies , but mostly first person shooters and Rpg's

Psi and martial arts

I practice them next to each other . Psi is great mental excersise ... keeps the brain from rotting and makes things easier . Bushin keeps me from getting fat tongue.gif

Not everyone is blessed with sera's metabolism rate .

Magic : The Gathering

Magic is fun as hell . I dont care if Im an official nerd for playing it . Its also fun to beat people with my deck when they say black/white decks always suck .

reading

i'll pretty much read anything so long as it's interesting. right now i'm reading stephen king's "black house."

video games

my favorite genre is first person shooter. depnding on the game i'm other incredibly good or absolutely terrible, with occasional spurts of pure perfection.

writing

be a better hobby if i could ever finish something.

RPing

haven't had a chance to in forever. i miss the ol' rifts campaign...

can't think of anything else.

RPG's

I play any and all RPG's at least once. Currently I'm running a few games on line via e-mail or on pita blogs. The blog ones are a cowboy bebop game and one based off the FAKE manga.

Anime and manga

I'm into anything that comes out of Japan. And I'll try to get it in the original Japanese. My favorite mangas are yaoi (Male x Male relatoinships) though I collect a little of everything. If the story is good (Or the artwork outstanding) I'll get it. I know I have a few manga that the story sucks... but the artwork more than makes up for it.

Writing

I'm working on a novel. But I also write anime Fanfics. one of these days I'll finish up more than just song fics... But UM keeps me busy. *Giggles* I also am sort of looking for people to help with a multiverse fic. I want to see how long I can keep a group of writers working on a project. So far it's a total of one person two weeks with a lot of people saying they'll help, but not moving a muscle.. *Sighs*

Music

I love listening to music. Currently I have X-japan's Tears playing. Such a pretty song...

Web page design

I love creating webpages. Now... if they're any good.. Don't know. It's a hobby.

Jewelry design

I also do bead work. Most of my designs aren't that fancy. but I've had a lot of people around here ask me about them. So I guess they're different enough to actually be cool. Too bad most of the people who have asked were the little old ladies at the nursing homes. *What I would do to have them actually seen by people.*

Juggling

I can do many tricks with 3 balls, and can juggle 4. I can juggle rings and am working on learning pins.

Reading

I read all kinds of stuff.

Rollerblading

I'm not nearly as into this as I used to be. I won a speed skating competition at my university several years ago. But I still love to skate sometimes - especially on the bikepath that runs along the beach two blocks from my house.

Outdoor Photography

I use a Canon EOS RebelG and have been experimenting with the Nikon Coolpics 990 digital that my dad gave me. Still greatly prefer the SLR, though. Here is one of my favorite shots. It is of the Navajo Arch in Arches National Park, UT.

post-72-1085164062.jpg

When it comes to my favourite Video Games i do indeed believe that no one in the freakin WORLD is more obsessed with the Resident Evil games than I. Not only do i own 3-4 copies of each game, i can recite every word in the scripts by heart. If anyone else is a fan of Resident Evil i'd love to have a good meaty chat about it, or indeed any Survival Horror genre games including my close runner up favourite, Silent Hill.

Sports are high up on my list. I enjoy getting out with the girl on weekends to have a good kickaround with the soccer ball, and used to be on two Rugby games including the Barrhaven Barrbarians RFC, a national Rugby team based in Ottawa Canada. We won 1st and 3rd trophies for our 2 teams at the international 'Blue Balls' tourney. grin2.gif

Of course, sometimes you just like to chillax and watch some TV. I hold Red Dwarf very close to my heart, and enjoy a good laugh at Family Guy once in awhile.

My 4 Ferrets take up alot of my hobby time. We have an entire room of my apartment for them and our Dog. I've built a 3 foot high, 5 foot across play area for the ferrets out of boxes and various toys and jogging with my pup is something i love to do on Sunday mornings (and indeed, every morning lol).

That's pretty much it of the top of my head. I used to be a Rave Promoter too, but got out of that once i spend about 4000 bucks out of my own pocket, wasn't getting anything back, and decided that i didn't even like the music/people/atmosphere i was promoting! I guess that's growing up for ya.

Music...I have a band called the bill cosby experience(it fits in with the comedy hobby too)...I just joined a new band in which my friend has labeled "Post-Alternative Metal"...we are called The Forgotten Harvest (soon to be changed)

Wrestling...not really too much on that...I'm going back to wrestling school over the summer...

Comedy...I do a little stand up comedy...nothing professional...I do it for freinds...

Art...I love to draw...i love photography...even though I'm not too good at it...

Staring Into Space

This is something I've done my whole life, and believe or not I'm quite good at it. I would like to make a career out of staring into space but I'll probably have to content myself with being a gifted amateur.

Hiding From The Landlord

Without wanting to blow my own trumpet, nobody can blend into the scenery as efficiently as me on rent day! I've been told that my impression of a walnut corner table is without compare. I also do a good lampost, and a passable man-looking-intently-in-a-shop-window. This hobby will be the beggaring of me, however, as I now over fifteen thousand Czech crowns in back rent and have recently been served an eviction notice.

Aging

In an attempt to take the sting out of reaching thirty, I have adopted the aging process per se as a hobby. It has been very successful and I currently run a free quarterly magazine devoted to wheezing after climbing stairs, hacking noisily into the back of the hand and grumbling about popular music. The look of intense anxiety that crosses my usually snarling face as I peruse the pages of a medical dictionary is a joy to behold.

Stealing Stationary From My Place Of Employment

The usual, tired joke about being called Batman because you never go to work without Robin was actually written in testament to my skills at pilfering office supplies. At the time of writing I am in possession of fifteen thousand paperclips, one hundred and thirteen rolls of sticky tape, twenty six industrial-sized boxes of photocopier toner, several pairs of pinking shears I nicked simply because the opportunity arose, and a charming sliver-handled letter knife that my boss is still wondering about the whereabouts of. I also have so many packets of lined notepaper that I often cower behind them on rent day.

original.gif

VIDEO GAMES

mostly RPG's but i also enjoy a good shooter or racer

READING

nothing beats a good horror book

WONDERING

i tend to wonder not knowing where i'm going but it's a good way to pass time!!!!!(for me anyway)

SLEEPING

love to sleep *passes out*

SCHOOL

...NOT...can't stand it

Hobbies? I have myself a few hobbies...

WATCHING SCIENCE FICTION

I love to watch all kinds of sci-fi's. My favorites include Logans Run, Star-trek (including anything with the label star-trek on it), Forbidden Planet, the old Twilight Zones, and 2001: A Space Odyssey. I like older sci-fi's better than newer but Red Planet was an exellent movie. So was Unbreakable which remains one of my favorites.

WATCHING COMEDY

I enjoy watching anything that'll make me laugh. My favorites include Kung Pow, all the Thumb-Cinema Features, Dumb and Dumber, Dumb and Dumberer, David Cross comedy, Mr. Show, The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Mystery Science Theater 3000 (Which is my favorite TV Show).

ALL KINDS OF ART

I enjoy art. I especially enjoy the more Abstract kinds of art. When it comes to looking at art I prefer 2-d art. When it comes to making it I love 3-d art. I love sculpting, clockwork, metalwork, interpretive dancing, and many more forms of art. I also love audio art (music). I love the bands Primus, Beck, and Norma Jean most of all. For other bands I enjoy there's a music thread floating around in which I listed most of them.

SOCIALIZATION

I pop up at various social events geared toward kids my age (16). Why not?

Other hobbys include playing bag-pipes, sewing and modifying clothes, making techno music via ACID 4.0 and Sound Forge, Nature hikes, and swimming.

I have quite a few hobbies.

I play Magic the Gathering now and have played many other miniatures and card games as well.

I used to do martial arts, mostly shotokan karate, but now I have a chance to become blind, so I really cannot anymore.

I also liked to make up my own dangerous sports, but can't do that anymore either.

I can dirtbike pretty well. Not as much motocross as just off roading through mud.

I can play three different instruments, guitar (acoustic, electric, and bass), trombone, and drums.

I like to draw sadistic little cartoons.

I like to mess around with video games and find little tricks in them.

Me and my mom like to go to every Chinese buffet within a one hundred mile radius and see whch is the best.

I like any kind of rock music.

And I like to take apart electric devices and put them together after taking dares with my friends to electricute ourselves.

When it comes to my favourite Video Games i do indeed believe that no one in the freakin WORLD is more obsessed with the Resident Evil games than I. Not only do i own 3-4 copies of each game, i can recite every word in the scripts by heart. If anyone else is a fan of Resident Evil i'd love to have a good meaty chat about it, or indeed any Survival Horror genre games including my close runner up favourite, Silent Hill.

oo! uberfan! rite here!!

my hobbies, short n sweet, video games, vampires, writing, collecting sobe bottles, a few other random things...

SHOOTING

doesnt matter what, i shoot rifles, shotguns, blackpowder, archery, slingshot, blowgun, and i throw stars.

SHOW POULTRY

i show chickens. i cant help it, i love chickens. (thats why ive had several odd emblems for signature images, of chickens)

DRAWING

dinosaurs and insects especially, fantasy, and then just animals in general

READING

RAMBLING

like to just wander in the swamps. often i take my bateau and pole around, or pirogue when i feel like seeing the bayous.

COMING HERE

duh.

oo! uberfan! rite here!!

I challenge you to a duel! ph34r.gif

Reading

You'll never see me without a book in my hand.

News & Politics

I am very, very interested in current news and politics. My TV is usually on a news channel and I listen to talk radio more than I do music.

Writing

I never seem to be able to finish what I start, though. I keep telling myself I'll write more regular when I get my laptop, but I dunno.

Daydreaming

I'm usually off in my own little world, but I am usually aware of what is going on in the real world too. laugh.gif

Cooking

People always tell me that I am a really great cook. dontgetit.gif I don't really understand how someone can be a bad cook if they follow the recipe. huh.gif

Watching Anime

I don't watch as often as I would like because I absolutely refuse to watch dubbed anime. Meaning I buy a lot of anime dvds.

Watching Documentaries

I love watching documentaries. grin2.gif Mostly on the History Channel and the Science Channel. thumbsup.gif

Languages

I know a bits of several languages, though I've yet to become fluent in a second language.

---------------

Wow, I have more hobbies then I thought. w00t.gif

Edited by Kellalor

I have a serious anime problem.

I spend between £60-300 a month on DVDs. I watch the Toonami channel. Anime is always on in my home even if I'm not watching it (example, escaflowne is on at the mo, yet I'm reading Utena manga and typing this and looking for yuri/shoujo-ai sites... and generally paying no heed to it... and once esca stops I'm moving onto Noir, Eva or Pretty Sammy... I haven't decided yet)

I admit.. I need help grin2.gif

Art, all kinds, from the stuff you find in Juxtapoz magazine to Bernini and Vermeer. I've been drawing since I was able to walk, (literally, I have a page from when I was nine months old. It's just crayon squiggles, but hey, I was a mini Jackson Pollock) I have all kinds of nifty art programs on my computer, but I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to use all of them. I really love the process of sitting down with pencil and brush and coming up with something. I really like figure drawing, people are definately my favorite subject to draw. I like painting as well, I like gauche because of the easy clean up, plus I can get really rich, vibrant colors out of them, and I'm not patient enough to attempt working with oils.

Writing, currently working on my first novel, which is gonna be the first in a trilogy, and I have a couple other ideas in the works. I don't have any particular genre I like most, whatever makes a good story. I don't think you should limit yourself to any particular type of story, mixing things up usually makes things much more interesting.

Cartooning, I try to write a couple strips every day, about whatever happens to be on my mind. I have a core of characters I use, and I like my main character so much he's tattooed on my arm. It's also what happens when you like to draw just as much as you like to write, you end up putting the two together.

Since I've gotten my first tattoo, I realized I don't have enough of them. Luckily, I haven't been able to afford another one just yet.

I love hockey, but I haven't really played since my first year of college. Recently bought a new pair of skates though, thinking I'm gonna try to work my way back into it. First things first though, I have to learn to skate all over again.

Karaoke, me being loud and obnoxious, it just comes naturally.

I like to read, Stephen King's Dark Tower series is probably my favorite collection of books all time.

That's all I can think of for now.

My hobbies: : )

Reading Nancy Drew books I have the entire set of the original yellow hard cover books ya know the ones from the sixties and seventies. I never really got into the whole 80's Nancy Drews. I love to read.

I love to write scripts screenplays and fanfics one of my fav pastimes, I think I nearly screwed up my harddrive with my scripts! tongue.gif If you love to write scripts and fanfics here's a neat website: http://www.FanFiction.net '> http://www.FanFiction.net It's mostly fanfiction about tv shows.

Listening to country music right now I can't get enough of "Whiskey Girl" from Toby Keith grin2.gif

I also hide my new country cd's 'cause my sister loves to borrow them to rip them on her computer.

I love to visit the kitties at PetSmart at Strawberry Hill it's a fifteen minute bus ride from my house okay it's not really a hobby but I love to see them. The cats are apart of a no kill shelter. Which I support. I try to see them (the cats) everyonce in a while when I have a day off from work.

Talk with my friend Michelle (she's so damn funny! tongue.gif ) And my pyschotic friend Melissa both Michelle and Melissa work at Krispy Kreme with me. And my friend Diana.

Surf around for Paranormal websites and also coming on Unexplained Mysteries forums it's a great place to be.

Listening to music on itunes.

Oh and this may not be a hobby but I like to make sure that my brother doesn't download the whole internet onto my computer you see he loves to constantly update my computer. And I think- no I believe that this is the third time he updated itunes. Hey! What was the matter with the old version that we had? I didn't see anything wrong with it!

Dungeons and Dragons Lets be honest everyone who knows me here knew that would be first but this is beyond playing the game. I also study the history of the game and have been actively collecting the out of print books for awhile. Mainly I collect 1e but I have been trying to break into OD&D (original D&D) but prices so far have kept me out. I almost have a full set of 1e rule books but have been set back lately by a huge loosing streak on ebay disgust.gif .

My two main wants are a first printing Dieties and Demigods (wich I thought I had until today) and an orange cover Palace of the Silver Princess module.

Along with that I pain pewter miniatures and collect dice.

writing I am trying to break into Fantasy writing. I have a few completed stories but none I feel good enough to get published. Lately I have been fleshing my world out and looking at new approaches. I have had some new ideas that look good so hopefully it will be the ones I need.

videogames I'm not into these as much as I used to be. I play mainly RPG's with the odd action title in there, My absolute favorite series is Tecmo's Deception series that I think I play a bit too obsessively.

Yard stuff yep planting trees and flowers, bbq's and other stuff

horses we have Paints and miniatures and I love them to death

Dogs I used to own a kennel that I may be restarting if I get the money but I have lots of dogs my two favs are a Cocker Spaniel and a Chinese Crested that are my babies.

cooking Yep I do and quite well

That seems about it.....

Reading , painting boring old acrylics on canvas ,getting drunk,furnture restoration , furniture and fittings re-assambling ( I'm uncannilly good at turning doors into full length wall mirrors ) , getting drunk , Kareoke is an art form.Particularly when drunk . O.K. I'll be honest I'm inclined to butt in on a street performer's act if they're silly enough to leave there microphones un-guarded . huh.gif

Fossicking around old dump sites , I mean old first settlement type dump sites I have dozens of antique glass bottles several old hunting and farming tools, a really cool knife that appears to have been made to do either skinning or castrating and a nifty iron kettle from the early 1800's .

And most recently tae kwon do , why? because I can .

oh and music and politics and netball and getting drunk . thumbsup.gif

Writing

Watching Movies

Reading

Swimming

Bike Riding

Painting

Creating computer art

Making Webpages

Forgot to add gadrening

Edited by doomgirl

Reading , painting boring old acrylics on canvas ,getting drunk,furnture restoration , furniture and fittings re-assambling ( I'm uncannilly good at turning doors into full length wall mirrors ) , getting drunk , Kareoke is an art form.Particularly when drunk . O.K. I'll be honest I'm inclined to butt in on a street performer's act if they're silly enough to leave there microphones un-guarded . huh.gif

Fossicking around old dump sites , I mean old first settlement type dump sites I have dozens of antique glass bottles several old hunting and farming tools, a really cool knife that appears to have been made to do either skinning or castrating and a nifty iron kettle from the early 1800's .

And most recently tae kwon do , why? because I can .

oh and music and politics and netball and getting drunk . thumbsup.gif

I think I see a pattern emerging...