Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How the brain reacts to a romantic breakup

Still Waters

You're in the midst of a breakup and feel like a different person. You find yourself spending a lot of time longing for your ex, constantly checking her Facebook updates, and wondering what went wrong. This shift in patterns of thought and behavior may be caused by neural changes that occur after a breakup.

http://www.scientifi...omantic-breakup

• Like 1

I've never experienced a romantic breakup because "love is one big illusion I should try to forget."

I'll read on, so I know what happens, anyway.

• Like 1

I actually don't do a lot of that . I submerge myself in movies .

2 hour breaks from reality . Some even make me laugh .

The last big break up ,I saw every Damn movie in the theaters at the time ,including all the animated ones .

Break ups suck

• Like 2

Even at age 53 such neuro-chemical changes can occur. They can manifest themselves as chronic, instransigent and 'immune' to 'logical' attempts to 'deal with it.' They can take you down like a sluggish gazelle in the jaws of a famished cheetah.Only once did I experience, as a consequence of a break-up, the depths of longing and despair described in the article. Once was enough. I felt completely mindless, deballed, bereft and as if someone were gnawing on my bones by the light of the full moon. I agree with Simbi Laveau--large doses of alternative realities (movies) can help, and the whole phenomenon does suck..

Even at age 53 such neuro-chemical changes can occur. They can manifest themselves as chronic, instransigent and 'immune' to 'logical' attempts to 'deal with it.' They can take you down like a sluggish gazelle in the jaws of a famished cheetah.Only once did I experience, as a consequence of a break-up, the depths of longing and despair described in the article. Once was enough. I felt completely mindless, deballed, bereft and as if someone were gnawing on my bones by the light of the full moon. I agree with Simbi Laveau--large doses of alternative realities (movies) can help, and the whole phenomenon does suck..

Well after the last time,it was,the last time. I will never go thru that again . So when I'm in my 50s ,all I will do it watch movies for the pleasure of it .

People say,oh so sad ! Find someone !

No desire . Seriously . The last time,was THE LAST TIME.

Takeshi Kaneshiro would have to ask me out for me to even go ,hmmm.....

how the brain reacts to a romantic break up-

1) female brain-

feed me wine & chocolate.

2) male brain-

feed me beer.

repeat.

• Like 2

how the brain reacts to a romantic break up-

1) female brain-

feed me wine & chocolate.

2) male brain-

feed me beer.

repeat.

Wine and chocolate ...oh nooooo...

More like lobster ,creme brulee ,and a foot rub . In my case anyway .

• Like 1

simbi, you're a lady of expensive tastes!

I hope you don't experience heartache too often, you could put the planet into recession!!

oh. wait a minute.....

:-)

Edited by shrooma

Takeshi Kaneshiro would have to ask me out for me to even go ,hmmm.....

I had to check this out at Google Images. :whistle:

I don't know about Takeshi Kaneshiro.. It would be Klaha from Malice Mizer to get me to date again.

i'd settle for someone who's breathing!*

and not psychotic!!

*optional.

• Like 1

All of the negativity of even having a romantic relationship negates me from ever wanting them.

• Like 1

work after the 2ed wife and i split i was already driveing long hauls across country faked the log books and turned up the xm raido and got lost in chaseing the morning sun

• Like 1

All of the negativity of even having a romantic relationship negates me from ever wanting them.

with me, negativity's not really the issue, as I have a very overactive sense of humour gland. my problem is finding someone who can keep up, as i'm a little.... enthusiastic..... and leaving a trail of broken corpses in my wake isn't really fair.....

I think love is probably a lie. I am not sure... one thing is for certain.

I am the Raven