Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interests: Dog Owner's Oath

She-ra

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about dogs, from the Pet's Gallery to questions about negative energy from a dog (( :( )).

I came across this article and feel that it's a great "Oath" for prospective dog owners, or new dog owner's to read.

Taking a pet into your family is a huge thing, whether it be a dog, cat, hamster, bird or whatever and this article can stand true for any of those fine animals :tu:

The article link is here: http://www.dogtube.u...campaign=buffer

But I also want to post the "Oath" in the next posting below.

• Like 2

Here is the Oath:

The Dog Owners Oath

1. I take you to be my dog. From this day forward you are my responsibility, best friend, and member of my family. I will provide you with a safe home to call your own, plenty of socialization, a secure yard, plenty of walks, potty breaks, and to keep you out of harm’s way all the days of your life.

2. To have and to hold. I promise to lavish you with love and affection, groom you, pet you, and always do what is in your best interest by ensuring you are spayed or neutered and up to date on your vaccinations.

3. For better or for worse. I will train you to be a good dog and provide you with the tools, training, exercise, and guidance you need to reach your full canine potential. If you misbehave, I will not hurt or abandon you – I will examine how my role influences your behavior and together we will identify and correct our problems.

4. For richer or poorer. I promise to feed you nutritious food and plan for the lean times to ensure your basic needs are always taken care of.

5. In sickness and in health. I promise to care for you, nurture your body, provide you with fresh water and food, and should you become ill-I will take you to the vet. I will keep you free of fleas, ticks and parasites.

6. To love and to cherish. I will loyally love you with the same unconditional love and devotion you show me every day.

7. From this day forward. You will always be part of my future and if I move, get a new job, get divorced, or start a family, from this day forward-your place is by my side. Should an unforeseen tragedy happen, I will have made arrangements for someone to care for you to the best of my abilities.

8. Until death do us part. When you slow down and become old and gray, I will care for you with the same devotion and affection as the day I brought you home. I will provide everything you need to live a good, long, and healthy life. When it’s time to say goodbye, I will not allow you to suffer alone. I will be with you until your last breath.

Again, quoted from this page : http://www.dogtube.us/article/dog-owner---s-oath?utm_content=bufferdfe98&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Like 1

:cry: Yup, a dog is a big responsibility, but they give back more than you can ever give them.
  • Like 3

I love dogs a lot more then I like people.....

Excellent post, thank you She-ra

• Like 2

Dogs giving off negative energy? First I've heard of that and I've had dogs in my life for more than 30 years.

I cannot remember how many times I came home from work in a horrible mood that my dogs sensed so they would put their big old heads on my lap and look at me as if to say " it will be alright". Immediately made me begin to feel better and it was not long before I forgot I was in a bad mood in the first place. The power of unconditional love!

If a dog has negative energy, its because they picked it up from their human companion, period.

• Like 1

Never heard of a dog having negative energy... the old saying there is no such thing as a bad dog....

• Like 1

#5 in the Doggy Oath really sticks with me. My sister had a husky, who was hit by a truck. "Kaos's" pelvis was so shattered, the vet said there was nothing that could be done, and that it would be kinder to put the 2 yr old husky to sleep. My sister just couldn't accept it, so for several months she carried Kaos out to the yard to do her potty thing. After several months of around the clock care, Kaos gradually got her strength back, and was even able to walk again, without so much of a hitch in her stride....The Vet said it was nothing short of a Miracle.

• Like 2