Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Weidner on NASA

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 19 May 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostOve, on 19 May 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

You know as well as I do, that all means available are being used to stop the disclosure.
What do you think any neutral is going to think reading what you post? Ove is claiming that a comedy film is proof of the moon landings being a hoax... he must be right or this Ove is so clueless he can't tell the difference between fiction and reality?
Why do you think Buzz and Lois Aldrin participated in that "making fun of the moon hoax movie" ? Why do you think so much effort is being used to ridicule the hoax claims ?

Posted Image

Edited by Ove, 20 May 2011 - 06:39 AM.

#32    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,115 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

View PostOve, on 20 May 2011 - 06:32 AM, said:

Why do you think Buzz and Lois Aldrin participated in that "making fun of the moon hoax movie" ? Why do you think so much effort is being used to ridicule the hoax claims ?

Because they are ridiculous claims. It is far harder to ridicule sane claims.

Why are you putting so much effort into trying to convince people that a piece of self admitted fiction is evidence. Is it because there are no facts to back you up?

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#33    Ove

Ove

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

No, it's because a lot of people believe the moon landing was a hoax, which makes Buzz Aldrin uncomfortable.

#34    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 2,959 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

View PostOve, on 20 May 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

No, IN MY OPINION, it's because a lot of people believe the moon landing was a hoax, which makes Buzz Aldrin uncomfortable.
You forgot to add that the above was only your opinion.  Fixed it for you.   :yes:

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#35    frenat

frenat

Poltergeist

• 2,959 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:35 PM

Why do you think Buzz and Lois Aldrin participated in that "making fun of the moon hoax movie" ?
Because it was fun?  Because they are as tired of the ignorant hoax claims as we are?

Why do you think so much effort is being used to ridicule the hoax claims ?
Because it takes little effort to spew out a hoax claim, especially as they so seldom involve any critical thinking or science.  To refute those claims natually takes more energy and effort.  Why ridicule?  Again, because it is fun.  Because if the hoax claimers aren't going to put any seriousness in their claims (stars in photographs, waving flag) why should everbody else?

-Reality is not determined by your lack of comprehension.
-Never let facts stand in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
-If I wanted to pay for commercials I couldn't skip I'd sign up for Hulu Plus.
-There are no bad ideas, just great ideas that go horribly wrong.
If you have to insist that you've won an Internet argument, you've probably lost badly. - Danth's Law

#36    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

Why do you think Buzz and Lois Aldrin participated in that "making fun of the moon hoax movie" ? Posted Image

I don't know about any such movie.
Is that question pertinent to your understanding?

I could say I wouldn't put it past Buzz to do nearly anything, including making fun of the Moon hoax and the idiots who promoted the idea.

What everyone else said is valid, I'd say.

Why do you think so much effort is being used to ridicule the hoax claims ?

:rolleyes:

I don't see that much energy being put into ridiculing that which ridicules itself.

Alot of effort is put into educating people who are gullible enough to actually believe in that sort of idiocy, and the boobs who put it out there.

But alot more effort is put out by HBs trying to maintain that which is untenable and un-maintainable.

Like you, for instance.  
You keep trying where you haven't a prayer, and you also seem to be trying very hard to get yourself in grief with the staff.  It's wasted energy, and for all of it, you don't yet seemed to have learned a thing.

:cry:

Edited by MID, 20 May 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#37    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

View PostOve, on 20 May 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

No, it's because a lot of people believe the moon landing was a hoax, which makes Buzz Aldrin uncomfortable.

I think the only thing that would make Buzz uncomfortable would be to not be in the public eye.

But lots of people do believe in a fantasy Moon landing hoax.  Yourself included.

Let me repeat what I said to you...yesterday.

I guess you've got enough challeges to respond to. Including mine.
You failed to answer questions I put to you.

Come back if you're ready to learn something.

Please do so...

#38    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

Gort really did create another Moon hoax thread didn't he?

#39    Philthy

Philthy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:20 AM

View PostMID, on 20 May 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

Gort is well known for starting threads, and then abandoning them, he has several over on the David Icke forums. Other ruses are to type a wall of text with no spaces between sentences, and the lack of ever using the "Enter" key. I have no clue why he thinks this is "cool," or even acceptable, but, he does, what he does.

Phil

Edited by Philthy, 21 May 2011 - 01:21 AM.

#40    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:25 AM

View PostMID, on 20 May 2011 - 09:02 PM, said:

See my post #2 on this thread.

:devil:

#41    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

Copy all, fellas!

:yes:

#42    gort.

gort.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

View PostPhilthy, on 21 May 2011 - 01:20 AM, said:

Gort is well known for starting threads, and then abandoning them, he has several over on the David Icke forums. Other ruses are to type a wall of text with no spaces between sentences, and the lack of ever using the "Enter" key. I have no clue why he thinks this is "cool," or even acceptable, but, he does, what he does.

Phil
Gee,quite the detective there Phil.As you well know,I don't take the bait for the games played with the regulars on that forum,nor will I do so here.Not that it matters,but I will set the record straight for you.I find the zeal of true Believers far more interesting than the whole hoax debate on diverse forums.I had an interest in it years ago,and only recently read over the moon threads on the internet.I joined up at Icke's forum to join in on the megathread,and after it was ranted I started a thread laying out the parameters of discourse,hoping it would be civil and for those that wanted to go round and round in circles debating,they were welcome to do so,but I stated clearly I was interested in the larger picture and wanted to prompt discussion in other aspects of the Space Race without the constant hassle of flamebaiters.It went smoothly for a couple of months until it was derailed and merged into the megathread so I started another one.Again it was derailed and merged.So I spent time going over many forums and saw the same pattern,and found it very interesting how insecure Believers are when it comes to being challenged in their fixed beliefs.I liked how Turbo here was handling the attacks from the gang over here,and wanted to see if it were possible to join in the fray,minus the little snide and condescending behavior that is rampant at the other forum.I bring this up only because you mentioned another forum.Of course,the Believers got ruffled quickly,and saw no need to participate in those that use circular logic and emotionally driven rants to express their views.And even denial when their views are shown to be wrong.I started several threads over at Icke's to see if one would be immune from the few vile and rabid Believers over thee.Nope.Tey were all moved,merged,and submerged in a most expedient fashion.Yet,the moon poll threads and moon threads that weren't bringing up serious issues remain in any category they were placed in.Here I see the mods condescending behavior in chiding Turbo at every turn instead of discussing and debating matters,and a ringleader that is idolized.Wall of text being cool?No,as I told you on the other forum I do it intentionally to dissuade the zealous Believers in going into multiquoting overdrive and spinning off on tangents,and personal attacks.Simple as that.Whether one believes in the Apollo Lunar Landings or not,it is painfully clear that the most ardent Believers lack the most basic crtical thinking faculites,and parrot the official version of history,and deny any and all contradictions and anomalies.

#43    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,411 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

**Back on Topic.**

#44    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

View Postgort., on 22 May 2011 - 12:52 AM, said:

Whether one believes in the Apollo Lunar Landings or not,it is painfully clear that the most ardent Believers lack the most basic crtical thinking faculites,and parrot the official version of history,and deny any and all contradictions and anomalies.

Pot, pot - this is kettle. You are black. Over.

What you have said is absolute nonsense. The majority of we "Apollogists" point out the logical flaws, provide references and scientific backing for our claims, etc.

You have done none of that - all you have done is to parrot other conspiracists. You, Ove, Raj and Turbo have shown numerous examples of confirmation bias, false dilemma, begging the question and numerous others, not forgetting the biggest: the burden of proof.

To claim otherwise is hypocritical beyond belief.

Edited by Obviousman, 22 May 2011 - 06:38 AM.

#45    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,411 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:57 AM

**Either we get back to discussing the OP, which is about a webcast, not about whether the Apollo Landings were hoaxed, or the thread gets closed.  Again, feel free to comment on the webcast.  Do not derail this into a general discussion about Apollo.**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users