Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Israel pushes plans for 3000 new settlements

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#211    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

There really is no need to try anything again, I don't know what you expected as a reply from me,  but  saying things like "I was (and am) a Christian Zionist"  "A Zionist is one who believes that Israel was deeded the land now called Palestine by God Himself" "overall I believe that the land IS their's by right"   that's just retarded IMO, and not something I personally want to get into, I understood your opinion shortly after your first reply ,but I appreciate you at least agreeing both sides aren't guiltless that's more than most zionists would admit, and also your UM life story, very interesting assumptions you make, and interesting how you felt you had to explain all that to me but anyway lets just agree to disagree...I guess I'm not looking for opinions but facts and perhaps this is the wrong place to seek them.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#212    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

View PostCodeblind, on 18 December 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

There really is no need to try anything again, I don't know what you expected as a reply from me,  but  saying things like "I was (and am) a Christian Zionist"  "A Zionist is one who believes that Israel was deeded the land now called Palestine by God Himself" "overall I believe that the land IS their's by right"   that's just retarded IMO, and not something I personally want to get into, I understood your opinion shortly after your first reply ,but I appreciate you at least agreeing both sides aren't guiltless that's more than most zionists would admit, and also your UM life story, very interesting assumptions you make, and interesting how you felt you had to explain all that to me but anyway lets just agree to disagree...I guess I'm not looking for opinions but facts and perhaps this is the wrong place to seek them.
:tu:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#213    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,472 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I know something bad that an Arab once did, hey let's punish Arab children!

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#214    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

• To deny another man's humanity is to deny your own.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Israeli leader vows more east Jerusalem building

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's prime minister on Tuesday rejected international criticism of plans to build thousands more Jewish homes in east Jerusalem, insisting that construction will move forward....

Germany and three other European members of the U.N. Security Council prepared a statement condemning Israel's latest settlement plans in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, a European diplomatic official said Tuesday...

Read: http://news.yahoo.co...-174005340.html

Edited by WHO U KIDDIN, 18 December 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#215    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 18 December 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Israeli leader vows more east Jerusalem building

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's prime minister on Tuesday rejected international criticism of plans to build thousands more Jewish homes in east Jerusalem, insisting that construction will move forward....

Germany and three other European members of the U.N. Security Council prepared a statement condemning Israel's latest settlement plans in east Jerusalem and the West Bank, a European diplomatic official said Tuesday...

Read: http://news.yahoo.co...-174005340.html
He's facing an election and his constituency expect him to be tough.  He and the state of Israel got pushed by the Palestinians and the UN - he's pushing back.

#216    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Interesting article from Newsweek, apparently a surprising shift in American foreign policy in regards to Israel:
Why Obama Will Ignore Israel

Dec 10, 2012 12:00 AM EST

The administration’s new Mideast strategy: benign neglect.

...So instead of confronting Netanyahu directly, Team Obama has hit upon a different strategy: stand back and let the rest of the world do the confronting. Once America stops trying to save Israel from the consequences of its actions, the logic goes, and once Israel feels the full brunt of its mounting international isolation, its leaders will be scared into changing course. “The tide of global opinion is moving [against Israel],” notes one senior administration official. And in that environment, America’s “standing back” is actually “doing something.”...
...Senior administration officials believe the Israeli leader has no interest in the wrenching compromises necessary to birth a viable Palestinian state. Instead, they believe, he wants the façade of a peace process because it insulates him from international pressure. By refusing to make that charade possible, Obama officials believe, they are forcing Netanyahu to own his rejectionism, and letting an angry world take it from there....

Read: http://www.thedailyb...ore-israel.html

So Then it appears that now the world is pushing back too. And their message is loud and clear: Israel must stop acting like a rogue state or it will soon find itself very alone.

#217    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

I'm so glad Israel has decided to take a hard line...its no surprise really,  they are stuck in there own propaganda, decades of manipulating the situation and Israeli Jews into needing this type of hard line policy using any incident to squeeze tighter, in this pursuit of a 'promised land' people are starting to see it for what it is, and if Obama has decided to stand clear about bloody time, If the Israelis want to continue to break international law and not just break it but blatantly in defiance then surely the rest of the world has to realise the significance of that.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

#218    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

View PostWHO U KIDDIN, on 18 December 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Interesting article from Newsweek, apparently a surprising shift in American foreign policy in regards to Israel:
Why Obama Will Ignore Israel

Dec 10, 2012 12:00 AM EST

The administration’s new Mideast strategy: benign neglect.

...So instead of confronting Netanyahu directly, Team Obama has hit upon a different strategy: stand back and let the rest of the world do the confronting. Once America stops trying to save Israel from the consequences of its actions, the logic goes, and once Israel feels the full brunt of its mounting international isolation, its leaders will be scared into changing course. “The tide of global opinion is moving [against Israel],” notes one senior administration official. And in that environment, America’s “standing back” is actually “doing something.”...
...Senior administration officials believe the Israeli leader has no interest in the wrenching compromises necessary to birth a viable Palestinian state. Instead, they believe, he wants the façade of a peace process because it insulates him from international pressure. By refusing to make that charade possible, Obama officials believe, they are forcing Netanyahu to own his rejectionism, and letting an angry world take it from there....

Read: http://www.thedailyb...ore-israel.html

So Then it appears that now the world is pushing back too. And their message is loud and clear: Israel must stop acting like a rogue state or it will soon find itself very alone.
Let them push.  If it leads to a better situation then so be it.  But I doubt it will do more than exacerbate the situation - depending on just how far they push.

#219    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostCodeblind, on 19 December 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

I'm so glad Israel has decided to take a hard line...its no surprise really,  they are stuck in there own propaganda, decades of manipulating the situation and Israeli Jews into needing this type of hard line policy using any incident to squeeze tighter, in this pursuit of a 'promised land' people are starting to see it for what it is, and if Obama has decided to stand clear about bloody time, If the Israelis want to continue to break international law and not just break it but blatantly in defiance then surely the rest of the world has to realise the significance of that.
The rest of the world will do what they will in time.  BTW, the bible speaks of a time when all the world will come against Israel.  It is referred to as the "last days".  Written by the OT prophets a couple thousand years ago.  Coincidence I'm sure :)

#220    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Then it appears pretty stupid to carry on the path if its going to end up as what is referred to as the "last days" doesnt that mean that the world won't back down...if what they are doing is against international law then I think it will be justified even if it means the end of everything. But like I said I really dont care for what's wrote in the bible, If everything is predetermined then it is what it is

Edited by Codeblind, 19 December 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#221    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostCodeblind, on 19 December 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

please don't reply to me using the bible or such nonsense....show some respect to someone who doesn't believe in God
Friend you need to get over yourself a bit.  It's boring.

#222    Codeblind

Codeblind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

View Postand then, on 19 December 2012 - 02:29 AM, said:

Friend you need to get over yourself a bit.  It's boring.
I don't think your in any position to give that kind of advice lol...I think I'm going to pass on it...but thanks anyway friend.

#223    WHO U KIDDIN

WHO U KIDDIN

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Netanyahu's Rage to Judaize Palestine

by Stephen Lendman

He's defiant. He deplores democratic values. He's a serial lawbreaker.

International law is clear and unambiguous. Israeli settlements are illegal. Fourth Geneva's Article 49 states:

"Individual or mass forcible transfers, as well as deportations of protected persons from occupied territory to the territory of the Occupying Power or to that of any other country, occupied or not, are prohibited, regardless of their motive."...

Haaretz weighed in. Its December 19 editorial headlined "Building out of spite," saying:

"The madness of construction in the territories is blinding the government (to) the loss of our country's" dwindling number of friends."...

http://sjlendman.blogspot.com/

#224    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,472 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

If making friends proves impossible while wiping Palestine off the map, they'll have to hurry up and wipe!    So they can get back to the business of making friends again!

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#225    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,665 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostYamato, on 20 December 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

If making friends proves impossible while wiping Palestine off the map, they'll have to hurry up and wipe! So they can get back to the business of making friends again!
Making friends isn't likely, regardless what they do.  I believe they take advantage of every opportunity that the Palestinians give them.  If RIGHT NOW in the midst of this bluster about new construction (not a hammer has swung yet) the Palestinians agreed to sit down and talk about EVERYTHING and have it mediated by an international committee of some sort then they could probably do more to stop construction that they ever will by their current tack.  But the truth is that any Palestinian leader who agrees to ANY concessions that do not include right of return is just signing his own death warrant.  The Palestinians have ridden the dragon so far and so long that if they try to get off his back now he'll turn and consume them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users