Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How much do looks matter for Christians?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#16    SirMorgenStar

SirMorgenStar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

View Postranrod, on 10 February 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

You make him sound like a bloodthirsty warlord.  I guess that why he said, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies... Let me smite them alone and drink their blood and feast upon their shriveled black hearts..." -Mathew 5

As far as I know, according to the Christian lore he WILL be a warlord when he returns, an almost completely different person who will lead the armies of good against the demonic army of the Anti-Christ.

#17    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostSirMorgenStar, on 10 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

As far as I know, according to the Christian lore he WILL be a warlord when he returns, an almost completely different person who will lead the armies of good against the demonic army of the Anti-Christ.

According to Revelation...

But as I said, not all of us Christians accept that prophecy...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#18    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

View Postranrod, on 09 February 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

I see people in America, especially in the political arena (but not exclusively) that tout their Christian faith on one hand, and on the other express xenophobia against people of middle-eastern decent, seemingly without realizing that he/she worships a middle-eastern man.

That would be the same political elite in the US that goes around brown-nosing the islamic world, removing the teaching about islamic terrorism from the CIA education agenda, helps the Muslim Brotherhood take over all over the Middle East, while throwing pro-Western politicians under the bus, fills the White House with Muslim brotherhood front advisors, lets Al Quaeda massacre the US embassador in Bengazi while railroading a Coptic film maker for it, calls the Fort Hood massacre a "workplace accident" and has Barrack Hussein declare in the UN that "There is no future for those who critizise Mohammed"??

Get real!

Talk about about world-view upside down.

Edited by Zaphod222, 10 February 2013 - 07:45 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#19    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

People started painting Jesus as a white European for a reason.

#20    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postranrod, on 09 February 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

If it was common knowledge that if Jesus existed, he looked similar to the guy on the left, and nothing like the guy on the right, how many would not become Christians?

I would be more inclined to believe that the guy with the blonde hair was a creation of some Jewish Hollywood producer or a European person who had never seen what a Jewish man  from the west bank looked like. Times have changed since then.
It would be likely that a Jewish man created that picture, we know what they thought of Jesus and are not going to make him look like one of them.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

View PostSirMorgenStar, on 10 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

He had better be well prepared in todays times:

Posted Image

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#22    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 February 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

He had better be well prepared in todays times:

Posted Image

Yeah, cause God's power is totally useless against a man with a gun... :rolleyes:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#23    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,027 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 11 February 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Yeah, cause God's power is totally useless against a man with a gun... :rolleyes:

Why hasn't he stopped all the wars in the world then?  Surely "god" can just open a hole in the ground and drop all war mongers into the lake of fire right?

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#24    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostHavocWing, on 11 February 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Why hasn't he stopped all the wars in the world then?  Surely "god" can just open a hole in the ground and drop all war mongers into the lake of fire right?

Posted Image

Such a statement is something you should very well already know the answer to. You either know exactly what my response will be and are simply asking me in an attempt to cause pointless conflict and argue, or you really don't know the answer and in which case your just plain stupid. Sorry if that offends you, but many many many Christians have answered that exact question trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times. If your an atheist and still don't know the Christian response to that, then please do your research because I just cannot bear to answer that same damn question again...

Plus, you missed the entire point of my post... Can't even post a frikkin' joke...

Posted Image

#25    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Psychic Spy

• 2,027 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 11 February 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

Such a statement is something you should very well already know the answer to. You either know exactly what my response will be and are simply asking me in an attempt to cause pointless conflict and argue, or you really don't know the answer and in which case your just plain stupid. Sorry if that offends you, but many many many Christians have answered that exact question trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times. If your an atheist and still don't know the Christian response to that, then please do your research because I just cannot bear to answer that same damn question again...

Plus, you missed the entire point of my post... Can't even post a frikkin' joke...

So you're post was a joke??  Why can't you see mine as that, that is exactly what my post was.

Edited by HavocWing, 11 February 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Drunk with blood..
Danger cult leaders
Jewish gematria # 1162:
Who is like God
The epitome of evil

#26    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,206 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

View Postranrod, on 09 February 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

If it was common knowledge that if Jesus existed, he looked similar to the guy on the left, and nothing like the guy on the right, how many would not become Christians?
Here's my "Jesus Christ" ("As seen on the History channel special, this image was created from 3D computer images from the Shroud of Turin. Surely the closest representation to what our savior Jesus Christ truly looked like."):

Posted Image

Peace.

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist)

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#27    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

View Postbraveone2u, on 11 February 2013 - 01:54 AM, said:

Here's my "Jesus Christ" ("As seen on the History channel special, this image was created from 3D computer images from the Shroud of Turin. Surely the closest representation to what our savior Jesus Christ truly looked like."):

Posted Image

Peace.

I thought the shroud of Turin image had darker skin... :huh:

Posted Image

#28    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,206 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 09 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Why does this even matter?

A savior's a savior. He could be purple and polka-doted for all I care.
Exactly. Truth is, He is able to manifest many faces, different types. After all, He is the "Holy Spirit."

Edited by braveone2u, 11 February 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Distinguish between spin doctoring and truth. Keep in mind that truth is ALMOST impossible to figure out when it comes to ancient holy book.

#29    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• 1,206 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 11 February 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

I thought the shroud of Turin image had darker skin... :huh:
http://shop.jesusart...esus-Glory.html

http://magicliving.b...e-of-jesus.html

It's a very powerful picture...

Edited by braveone2u, 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#30    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Lots of Christians have little faith in God because most of them skipped Mass on Sunday to watch the SuperBowl :clap:

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users