Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astrologists cancel December doomsday

bluehawk

Russian astrologists have rejected all speculations about the looming apocalypse.

“There’s totally no astronomic or astrologic ground for this,” head of Russia’s Preofessional Astrologists Union, Boris Boiko, has told reporters.

He called doomsday talks “yet another attempt to distract people from more urgent issues.”

Meanwhile, Russia’s Izvestia newspaper said Thursday that MPs had called on all state-run TV channels to stop media hype around the Mayan ‘apocalypse’ allegedly set for December 21.

Thank-god the Russians debunked all of the doomsday hype. That means I can give up on building that bunker that I have procrastinated on for the past few years.

• Like 6

Russian astrologists have rejected all speculations about the looming apocalypse.

“There’s totally no astronomic or astrologic ground for this,” head of Russia’s Preofessional Astrologists Union, Boris Boiko, has told reporters.

He called doomsday talks “yet another attempt to distract people from more urgent issues.”

Meanwhile, Russia’s Izvestia newspaper said Thursday that MPs had called on all state-run TV channels to stop media hype around the Mayan ‘apocalypse’ allegedly set for December 21.

well, that puts and end to it then

phew thank goodness the russians brought everyone to their senses just in time!

• Like 1

Now that bums me out....

Don't worry I'm sure there will be another doomsday prediction coming soon to a forum near you.

• Like 2

Now that bums me out...

Why? I'm glad to hear it. I have all kinds of fun stuff scheduled for the holidays. And no end of the world to worry about.

No one ever predicts world peace nor do they spend the time to calculate how easy it is for the rich to give to the poor. Still waiting!!!! I predict that the world's gravity will eventually let us go.,. We are all going to float into outter space.,thought the ozone layer. If only the earth had a choice to do so! O.o

Too many people are getting off on the thought of "being resposable" for the End!

The fact that most countries are loaded to the hilt with bombs doesn't make them powerful, it's makes them expenceive and shallow.

"I couldn't scare you.,. 'kicks the sand castle', So I'm not playing anymore". ;/

Why'd they have to say it? They could've sat back and laughed while people freaked out like anyone else with common sense.

Why? I'm glad to hear it. I have all kinds of fun stuff scheduled for the holidays. And no end of the world to worry about.

Because I want it to happen ( not that I believe it at all ).

To many humans, and I am tired of it.....We are out of control.

That is why I said I am bummed....On top of being sarcastic. ( except for wanting a plague, meteor, super volcano )

Everyone knows that all the Mayan stuff was misinterpreted anyway. What it really means is that Humantity will begin to ascend to the higher level of the spiritual plane. But obviously this won't happen straight away. I think they're looking at about 2032 for the final ascension.

They are lucky the live in Russia... If they were in Italy and made this statement - and the end of the world DID happen they would be sued by the government .... :D

They are lucky the live in Russia... If they were in Italy and made this statement - and the end of the world DID happen they would be sued by the government .... :D

i don't know, maybe it's just me but i can't imagine anyone feeling lucky that they live in russia.

Wow. Imagine that.

I find it sad that more people are going to listen to the Astrologers then the Astronomers who've been saying exactly the same thing for years and years.

I find it sad that more people are going to listen to the Astrologers then the Astronomers who've been saying exactly the same thing for years and years.

That's because real science forces people to think and it also has a penchant for destroying long-held fantasies and that makes people uncomfortable. For a bulk of the populace it is easier to believe in spoon-fed lies than to read and think critically.

• Like 1

well, that puts and end to it then

phew thank goodness the russians brought everyone to their senses just in time!

I wouldn't say just in time, but at least they did it :tu:

I wouldn't say just in time, but at least they did it :tu:

yeah i guess it would be too late for those who maxed their credit cards and quit their jobs lol