Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Guns Targetted at New Generation

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#16    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 28 January 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

Purchase not own. With the new laws ownership will be included. That means no more taking your son hunting a father son bonding ritual for some for generations extending back to the origin of this country.

My mistake. Thanks for the information. My heart does not bleed for the loss of that "ritual".

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Your compassion fills me with joy and bliss. Im sure the favor will be returned 10 fold when its the right you care about being taken away.

#18    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Anyone calling these guns "military style rifles" or "assault weapons" needs to learn what a assault rifle is!These guns are not automatic and do not have a 3 round burst option.They are the same as most other rifles just look different

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#19    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,964 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 28 January 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Anyone calling these guns "military style rifles" or "assault weapons" needs to learn what a assault rifle is!T

you are missing the point. I don't care what you call them. Let's agree on purple flower conciliation device.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#20    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,233 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Snipp

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 28 January 2013 - 04:45 AM.

Posted Image

#21    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

View Postninjadude, on 28 January 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

you are missing the point. I don't care what you call them. Let's agree on purple flower conciliation device.

Pardon me,i just noticed your location is illinois barry land makes sense now.Hows barry's strict laws up there working out?I believe the past year chicago was one of the top places for gun violence in the world.Detroit strict gun laws crime everywhere.It is your right to not have them if you choose though.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#22    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

How about you teach kids about the value of human life before you give them the means to take it?

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#23    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,422 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 28 January 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

How about you teach kids about the value of human life before you give them the means to take it?

Aarrgh, stop making sense.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#24    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 27 January 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

They are fun. I don't go to the shooting range out of a sense of duty. I go for fun. In the right settings under the proper supervision there is nothing wrong with this. It'll teach proper handling and respect for the arm.

Yes, there's normal shooting ranges in most countries where strict fire control is maintained at all times, then there's these kinds of ranges in the U.S.A.

Actually I think I've fired most of those weapons in the vid, except only in short bursts. Emptying out a 100 round drum magazine must be fun but you'd never hit anything. Still, the Marshal Tucker soundtrack fits the setting. Southern Rock!

p.s. I'd be dammed if I'd Iet a 5 year old blast away with an UZI, where the hell is the range officer?

#25    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,102 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostTheOtherSide1945, on 27 January 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

OP what is your point here? If you are trying to say that teaching kids about guns is bad thing, you truly would be a gigantic idiot.

If that would be the motivation I would have no problem with it. And if you cannot find the problem that must be because you failed to read the article, where any discussion would become fruitless.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#26    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 27 January 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

Companies promoting their products through sporting competitions. Hmm, how unheard of.

yep, companies are known to do that, but we do not have guns advertised here. We just have adverts promoting things to keep you alive. :P  saying that, we do have hunters here too, but you see, I am anti hunting for sport, if people are hunting for food, then I  go for that, but do not agree with taking little johnny out for a Sunday to shoot deer as a good way of target practice.
I DO know that not all the sports include killing animals, I am fine with that, its just the ones which do.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#27    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Whats the "fun" in that?
Give you a 10 out of 10 for this. :tsu:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 January 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

yep, companies are known to do that, but we do not have guns advertised here. We just have adverts promoting things to keep you alive. :P  saying that, we do have hunters here too, but you see, I am anti hunting for sport, if people are hunting for food, then I  go for that, but do not agree with taking little johnny out for a Sunday to shoot deer as a good way of target practice.
I DO know that not all the sports include killing animals, I am fine with that, its just the ones which do.

Do not know anyone who just shoots deer for target practice that would be asanine!

#29    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,461 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

More people are killed by baseball bats than guns every year in the USA, do you feel the need to do the same before you give a kid a ball, bat, and glove?

#30    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,546 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 January 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

yep, companies are known to do that, but we do not have guns advertised here. We just have adverts promoting things to keep you alive. :P

You have gun ads in sporting and hunting magazines just like we do. Really, if you are going to make claims at least make sure they are factual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users