Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Mind Control. It's been here the whole time.

mind control illuminati quantum entanglement tempest

  • Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#181    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • 7,956 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:


In actuality this is your personal interpretation of it—how you want to see it, in other words.

To prove your case, you will need to find where experts in Coptic, Greek, Aramaic, and/or Hebrew—the scripts in which these late texts were written—have studied the same texts and arrived at conclusions in agreement with you. You are reading ancient texts in modern English translations, and viewing them quite outside the framework of the religious traditions in which these texts were written, so your own personal interpretations cannot stand as evidence.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#182    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:


Nice swerve. DieChecker was talking about technology and you switched over to ancient peoples supernatural beliefs. Another fringe tactic along the lines of "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS". Looks like your throw-away mention of tachyons has instead become a throw-away claim of proof, which is what you claimed in the OP. Since you've already shown you will purposely misinterpret/misrepresent the Dendera inscriptions and translation then it can be reasonably assumed you will continue with doing the same with other such ancient items.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#183    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Joined:23 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:31 spooner street

  • It Is What It Is.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

The Voice in my head telling me what to do says Hi!!!!

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#184    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postancient astronaut, on 18 March 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

The Voice in my head telling me what to do says Hi!!!!

Hi 'ancient astronaut'. Welcome to the jungle. :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#185    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 March 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

Nice swerve. DieChecker was talking about technology and you switched over to ancient peoples supernatural beliefs. Another fringe tactic along the lines of "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS". Looks like your throw-away mention of tachyons has instead become a throw-away claim of proof, which is what you claimed in the OP. Since you've already shown you will purposely misinterpret/misrepresent the Dendera inscriptions and translation then it can be reasonably assumed you will continue with doing the same with other such ancient items.

cormac

Read better, there are two conversations going on.  Actually, the conversation about the technology seems to have died, since the only responses I get are "you are wrong."  I don't enjoy having discussions where i am the only one saying anything of substance.

The other one, which you seem to have missed, is about evidence of this technology being used throughout history.  Feel free to take part in it if you want.


#186    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 18 March 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

In actuality this is your personal interpretation of it—how you want to see it, in other words.

To prove your case, you will need to find where experts in Coptic, Greek, Aramaic, and/or Hebrew—the scripts in which these late texts were written—have studied the same texts and arrived at conclusions in agreement with you. You are reading ancient texts in modern English translations, and viewing them quite outside the framework of the religious traditions in which these texts were written, so your own personal interpretations cannot stand as evidence.

I don't think the substance of the texts is really questioned.  They are clearly talking about "spiritual possession."  We might question whether or not they actually believed what they were writing, or whether or not they had evidence of it.  I assume the original authors believed some of what they wrote.  

I could be wrong.


#187    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Read better, there are two conversations going on.  Actually, the conversation about the technology seems to have died, since the only responses I get are "you are wrong."  I don't enjoy having discussions where i am the only one saying anything of substance.

The other one, which you seem to have missed, is about evidence of this technology being used throughout history.  Feel free to take part in it if you want.

Post #177 to which you replied in Post #178 so no, it hadn't died, and no the Egyptians didn't write about it as you claim. The only 'substance' you've had since #177 is swerving to the supernatural links you posted.

Since you haven't shown it's relevant to Ancient Egypt why should anyone think it's relevant to any other culture/civilization? As mentioned before, the Dendera light is not what it's being presented by any of the fringe as. Most proponents of same completely ignore or purposely misrepresent what it actually says and means with no real understanding of the culture involved. The same is true of other items misrepresented, such as the Abydos hieroglyphs fringies like to pretend are modern machines. Which is pretty much saying "I don't like what we know so I'll make something up". The only thing that's proof of is that someone has a vivid imagination.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#188    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 March 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

Post #177 to which you replied in Post #178 so no, it hadn't died, and no the Egyptians didn't write about it as you claim. The only 'substance' you've had since #177 is swerving to the supernatural links you posted.

Since you haven't shown it's relevant to Ancient Egypt why should anyone think it's relevant to any other culture/civilization? As mentioned before, the Dendera light is not what it's being presented by any of the fringe as. Most proponents of same completely ignore or purposely misrepresent what it actually says and means with no real understanding of the culture involved. The same is true of other items misrepresented, such as the Abydos hieroglyphs fringies like to pretend are modern machines. Which is pretty much saying "I don't like what we know so I'll make something up". The only thing that's proof of is that someone has a vivid imagination.

cormac

I don't think you've read anything I've written.  I didn't claim they depicted machines at all, ever.

Maybe its a reading comprehension thing.

Since you seem to know everything, what do you think the meaning of the Dendera reliefs is?

Edited by prometheuslocke, 18 March 2013 - 06:01 AM.


#189    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

I don't think you've read anything I've written.  I didn't claim they depicted machines at all, ever.

Maybe its a reading comprehension thing.

Since you seem to know everything, what do you think the meaning of the Dendera reliefs is?

Nope. I mentioned the Abydos "interpretations" because it's the same kind of meaningless drivel that you and others would like to apply, in one variation or another, to items such as the Dendera "light". It shows an utter lack of knowledge of the culture involved and a lazy persons attempt to apply anachronistic ideas to something they quite obviously DON'T understand.

It's a celebration of the sun's journey across the sky during the New Year and the gods' relationship to and protection of the pharaoh. It has nothing to do with mind control or ancient technology. These are anachronistic and quite simply wrong interpretations. Added to this, your "throw-away" about tachyons really wasn't a throw-away since you tried more than once to defend it as something more than what it was. Emma called it science fiction, you claimed it was a real, theoretical particle. It really just boils down to semantics since in neither case can it be said to exist. So in that regard she was correct. That you back-pedalled to including a mention of neutrino's afterward only shows that you refuse to take responsibility for your error. All of which, in total, suggests no reason to think your idea should be taken seriously.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#190    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 18 March 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

Nope. I mentioned the Abydos "interpretations" because it's the same kind of meaningless drivel that you and others would like to apply, in one variation or another, to items such as the Dendera "light". It shows an utter lack of knowledge of the culture involved and a lazy persons attempt to apply anachronistic ideas to something they quite obviously DON'T understand.

It's a celebration of the sun's journey across the sky during the New Year and the gods' relationship to and protection of the pharaoh. It has nothing to do with mind control or ancient technology. These are anachronistic and quite simply wrong interpretations. Added to this, your "throw-away" about tachyons really wasn't a throw-away since you tried more than once to defend it as something more than what it was. Emma called it science fiction, you claimed it was a real, theoretical particle. It really just boils down to semantics since in neither case can it be said to exist. So in that regard she was correct. That you back-pedalled to including a mention of neutrino's afterward only shows that you refuse to take responsibility for your error. All of which, in total, suggests no reason to think your idea should be taken seriously.

cormac

So you would like to apply someone else's interpretation of something completely unrelated to me "because its the same kind of drivel."  I see. Good argument.

Your interpretation of the reliefs isn't horrible.  It's similar what I see.  My idea is that the Egyptians, or at least the priests at Hathor knew more about how that was happening than we think, and were saving that 'hidden knowledge' for future priests.  People discuss hidden information in many religious texts, it is not a stretch of the imagination to belief they would have hidden secret knowledge from the "lower classes."

I did not make an error.  It is a theoretical particle, not science fiction, there's a big difference.  She was wrong.  The point was that the question could have been answered with any particle, and you and several others decided to attack my example of a possible future method of doing somethingbetter,rather than commenting on the idea in general, or the other specifics, which were not theoretical at all.

Edited by prometheuslocke, 18 March 2013 - 01:15 PM.


#191    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,622 posts
  • Joined:29 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

  • Godspeed MID

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

It is a theoretical particle, not science fiction, there's a big difference.  She was wrong.  The point was that the question could have been answered with any particle, and you and several others decided to attack my example of a possible future method of doing somethingbetter,rather than commenting on the idea in general, or the other specifics, which were not theoretical at all.

The only place tachyons really exist is in sci fi. "Theoretical" doesn't mean there's a chance of something existing, only that they can describe some possible aspects of something. One of these aspects - that they move faster than light - pretty much rules them out of actually existing in real life.

And the fact that your idea will work with "any particle" shows how fuzzy it all is.

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#192    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

So you would like to apply someone else's interpretation of something completely unrelated to me "because its the same kind of drivel."  I see. Good argument.

Your interpretation of the reliefs isn't horrible.  It's similar what I see.  My idea is that the Egyptians, or at least the priests at Hathor knew more about how that was happening than we think, and were saving that 'hidden knowledge' for future priests.  People discuss hidden information in many religious texts, it is not a stretch of the imagination to belief they would have hidden secret knowledge from the "lower classes."

I did not make an error. It is a theoretical particle, not science fiction, there's a big difference.  She was wrong.  The point was that the question could have been answered with any particle, and you and several others decided to attack my example of a possible future method of doing somethingbetter,rather than commenting on the idea in general, or the other specifics, which were not theoretical at all.

BS is BS, no matter how it's presented.

Ancient Egypt is not evidenced as having "hidden knowledge" nor the associated "mystery schools" so your argument doesn't apply there.

Which shows that you don't understand the meaning of the word "fiction", to whit:


Quote

1  a: something invented by the imagination or feigned; specifically: an invented story

b: fictitious literature (as novels or short stories)  
c: a work of fiction; especially: novel


2  a: an assumption of a possibility as a fact irrespective of the question of its truth <a legal fiction>

b: a useful illusion or pretense


3   : the action of feigning or of creating with the imagination


http://www.merriam-w...tionary/fiction

Which leaves science fiction as nothing more than utilizing said fiction is a scientific context. In short, it doesn't make it real.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#193    prometheuslocke

prometheuslocke

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm done discussing this with you. I'll point you towards a similar discussion on a physics forum, you will see that in the scientific world, your arguments are completely backwards.  

http://www.physicsfo...ad.php?t=465627

While you may believe you are qualified to make baseless statements about theoretical physics, you are not.  Your argument, and your continued desire to harp on a single word is silly at this point.  As you have pointed out, I've entertained it for too long already.  Let's move on.


#194    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,721 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

View Postprometheuslocke, on 18 March 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm done discussing this with you. I'll point you towards a similar discussion on a physics forum, you will see that in the scientific world, your arguments are completely backwards.  

http://www.physicsfo...ad.php?t=465627

While you may believe you are qualified to make baseless statements about theoretical physics, you are not.  Your argument, and your continued desire to harp on a single word is silly at this point.  As you have pointed out, I've entertained it for too long already.  Let's move on.

Post #15 of your link pretty much puts your droning on about tachyons being more than what they are (i.e. theoretical) to rest IMO.

Quote

There are no observable quantities in physics that I am aware of that returns an imaginary value. All observables, even in Quantum Mechanics, are real. Wave-functions are NOT observables, and moreover the probability density is the absolute square of the wave-function, which is REAL. In fact, this is a postulate of Quantum Mechanics. That observables must be represented by Hermitian operators guarantees that the eigenvalues (measurements) are real.

Even the poster replying to that agrees with him. So still, you have a non-valid claim.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#195    Quaentum

Quaentum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

The hypothesis presented by prometheuslocke suffers the same problems virtually all fringe hypothesis do.

The Author of the hypothesis:
  • Uses misinterpretation (EX: the supposed Dendra light)
  • Utilizes supposed influence by non-existent organizations (EX: The Illuminati)
  • Ignores decades of research into areas such as Egyptian wall carvings, relying instead on personal views
  • Presents the hypothesis as fact when there is no evidence to turn the hypothesis into a theory much less a fact
  • Fails to use critical reasoning when putting together their hypothesis
To further explain #5, I looked and read through part of her website from a link she provided.  On one page there was another link to a page that basically indicated that Orwell's 1984 had come to pass and mind control was being used by all the governments to keep a lid on advanced technology  and keep us unaware of it.

Let us look at just one aspect of society, dictatorships, taking into account what prometheuslocke is inferring and apply some critical reasoning.  If such technology did exist, a dictatorship, owing to it's very nature, would not be suppressing technology but would be going full steam to apply that technology to weaponry and use those weapons to eliminate anyone who opposed them.  Further, dictatorships would apply mind control technology top there own people so there would never be a revolt or uprising.

Since we can see through history that dictatorships have not had an extreme technological advantage over their enemies and that dictatorships have been overthrown, critical reasoning tells us that neither the technology nor the mind control hypothesized by prometheuslocke exists.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users