Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage- Should it be Legal?

Guest Lottie

Guest Lottie

As debator_101 has been suspended from the debate at such a late stage, the debate has progressed too far for another debator to step in, therefore it has been decided that Dark Bloody Wind Goddess Haruka has won this debate by default.

Topic closed.

Tiddlyjen

Edited by tiddlyjen

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Bloody Wind Goddess Haruka

• debator_101

• AztecInca

• Harpie Lady

Guest Lottie

Bella, I have deleted your post. The topic in question is whether Gay Marriage should be made legal. If you wish to participate let me know.

Edited by Lottie

I would like to be a part of this against gay marriage it's very interesting since my uncle is gay...

Edited by debator_101

hey thanks for being apart of the debate and good luck

Lets get this started then!

Dark Bloody Wind Goddess Haruka will be debating side that gay marriages shoul be Legal while debator_101 will de debating that gay marriages should not be legal.

This will be a 1v1 formal debate.

An Introduction, 5 bodily posts and a conclusion from each participant. No Flaming, bad manners or profantities will be tolerated.

There is a point deduction for debaters who fail to make a post within the 7 day time frame. The deductions will be 2 points for every day the participant fails to post after the 7 days.

This is to ensure that debates continue in a timely fashion. If for any reason you cannot post within the 7 days, please ensure that you let myself, Lottie or Tiddlyjen know to avoid having the points taken off your debate.

If, however the participant does not then attempt to make a post for up to 2 weeks after the 7 day rule has started an immediate disqualification will occur.

Good luck!

Aztec.

Edited by AztecInca

INTRODUCTION

Gay's should have the right just like anyone else do marry who ever they please if i remember correctly the blacks had this same problem ( mixed couple marriage ). We are all human and therefore we should have the right to marry who ever we want. This is america of course and that means we have freedom. The constitution is a good document to go by but it leaves things out. No one knows what the fore father's meant no one can read their mind and no one could go back to ask. Choosing who we want to be with should be a right everyone has. We have the right here to believe do things even thou other might not agree with us. That is why we do not still kill the pagens or wiccans. Gay's do not hurt people and have no intention of doing so. So why ban gay marriage? Because it is against relgions? That is no good reason because EVERYONE has the right to believe what they want. America has no soul religion so why base our choices on only one religion.

America is a place where we change for the good. We as the american's all want equality. No one wants to be singled out and denied no one just because of something we can not control. If we deni gay's to marry that could show the other people who are driven by hate to try and get other things banned or hate more and that would be a step backwards. Human nature tells us to follow our hearts and people have the right to be happy no matter what it is as long as they are not a danger to themselves or anyone else. Gay's just want a place in america. They have no intention of trying to convert anyone else. They just want a place to stay and be safe to live their lives. Banning gay marriage is denying human's the right to be happy and possible feel safe. If we give supportive actions to fuel the hate of others then it will be a problem in america. People driven by hate would think they have one. They have hated enough to change it the way they want. Think of the things that could happen if that does. Not only do I think it is a danger to human rights and the chance to love who we want. I believe it could be a danger to our freedom period. There is no reason gay's should not get married. There is suppose to be a seperation between church and state for that reason. The reason being is that we all should be completely equal. We should evolve and come together not seperate each other. The right to love and be loved should not be taken away by anyone. The right ot live your life and unite with them shouldn't either.

Guest Lottie

Kaknelson, this is now a formal debate . Please do not post your opinions, your post has been deleted.

Edit: Kaknelson only debate participants and debate organisers may post during a debate. You have ignored Lottie and posted again, this is unaccpetable as you have already been warned. The moderators will have to be brought in if this behaviour continues.

Edited by AztecInca

INTRODUCTION

To start off my debate I would like to give you the definition of marriage. Marriage-The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife. I don’t see two men mentioned in that at all. For one what is the point of getting married in the first place, of course to have a family… guys can’t get kids… they can adopt but then that puts the kid in a screwed up environment which is definitely not good. Simply by being gay you violate the very mandate of life, which is to live, populate, expand, and repopulate. That is nature, thus adversely, gay is not natural. Before we look at gay marriage, first we have to remember what the Bible says about homosexuality. The Bible clearly and consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). God does not create a person with homosexual desires. A person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27), and ultimately because of his or her own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for them to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality.

To give sanction to homosexual marriage would be to give approval to that lifestyle, which the Bible clearly and consistently condemns as sinful. Marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Homosexual marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage. God forbids and condemns homosexuality, so He clearly is opposed to homosexual marriage.

Would you want your kid to be gay.. how would you feel.. i know I would feel like I got punched in the face and if my son saw to guys walking down the street holding hands it would make me want my kid to not go outside and see that.... what is the world coming too.

INTRODUCTION

To start off my debate I would like to give you the definition of marriage. Marriage-The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife. I don’t see two men mentioned in that at all. For one what is the point of getting married in the first place, of course to have a family… guys can’t get kids… they can adopt but then that puts the kid in a screwed up environment which is definitely not good.

That is not the definition of marriage. The definition of marriage is the joinning two people. Everything needs to change at some point in time a long time a go the "definition" use to be a union of a white man and a white woman but as you can see that has changed and now mixed races can. That right there proves it has and can be changed. No the point of getting married it so BE with who you love there are lots of couples that have been married that don't have kids and are perfectly happy and who says it is a "Screwed up home" That is your opinion there are certianly alot of people who only have one sex parent. Does that make them screwed up? No so that should prove that it doesn't matter if you have the same sex parent(s). HOW they riase you desides if it is screwed up or not.

Simply by being gay you violate the very mandate of life, which is to live, populate, expand, and repopulate. That is nature, thus adversely, gay is not natural. Before we look at gay marriage, first we have to remember what the Bible says about homosexuality. The Bible clearly and consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13; Leviticus 18:22; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9). God does not create a person with homosexual desires. A person becomes a homosexual because of sin (Romans 1:24-27), and ultimately because of his or her own choice. A person may be born with a greater susceptibility to homosexuality, just as people are born with a tendency to violence and other sins. That does not excuse the person choosing to sin by giving into their sinful desires. If a person is born with a greater susceptibility to anger / rage, does that make it right for them to give into those desires? Of course not! The same is true for homosexuality. To give sanction to homosexual marriage would be to give approval to that lifestyle, which the Bible clearly and consistently condemns as sinful. Marriage is ordained by God to be between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:21-24; Matthew 19:4-6). Homosexual marriage is a perversion of the institution of marriage and an offense to the God who created marriage. God forbids and condemns homosexuality, so He clearly is opposed to homosexual marriage.

The mandate of life depends on who you are. Life is not all about populating to everyone on this earth. If anything we are OVER populated and that in itself causes problems. Not everyone believe's in the Bible and not everyone can ever AGREE that the bible had not been messed with. We can not not take away someone's right just because of one relgion that is the whole point of living in a free country. To be able to be diffrent we should not be decided by one religion when there are many religion's and opinions. Even the Christian relgion in itself can not deside on exactly how the Bible is. There are many translations of it which has caused the diffrent branches of Christianity. If it's own people can not agree on one way. How can they ban something they don't even have a total grasp on their own ways. If i remember correctly it was in John 8:7 that said "He who is sinless cast the first stone" as everyone knows no one is sinless that means no one should judge everyone else. Which should prove right here and now that no one has the right to judge gay's enough to deny them their freedom to get married.

Would you want your kid to be gay.. how would you feel.. i know I would feel like I got punched in the face and if my son saw to guys walking down the street holding hands it would make me want my kid to not go outside and see that.... what is the world coming too.

Forget what you would feel how would he feel knowing there would be people who hate him stairing at him possible wanting to hurt him because of who he loves. He would have people look at him and judge him for love even. Something that is harmless that he can not control. He would have people telling him it is wrong and that he can not be with the person he wants to be with only because of the outside apperance. He would have to live knowing his father or mother hates him because of love. Even thou he would be told he is loved no matter what.

(opponent quoted)

Gay's should have the right just like anyone else do marry who ever they please if i remember correctly the blacks had this same problem ( mixed couple marriage ). We are all human and therefore we should have the right to marry who ever we want. This is america of course and that means we have freedom. The constitution is a good document to go by but it leaves things out. No one knows what the fore father's meant no one can read their mind and no one could go back to ask. Choosing who we want to be with should be a right everyone has. We have the right here to believe do things even thou other might not agree with us. That is why we do not still kill the pagens or wiccans. Gay's do not hurt people and have no intention of doing so. So why ban gay marriage? Because it is against relgions? That is no good reason because EVERYONE has the right to believe what they want. America has no soul religion so why base our choices on only one religion.

It’s not just religion that the opinion of no gay marriages is based upon. You seem to bring everything back upon to religion or discrimination. First of all to get the blacks settled they sold by there own people to us for money… that was all about money. But gays is something totally different and people are trying to put them as a separate group. Just like incest, someone may love someone in there own family more than family but do they show those feelings… no because that’s just not right and neither is gay marriage.

Marriage is pictured as the reunion of the two constituent halves, man and woman. A same-sex erotic relationship can never constitute a marriage because it will always lack the requisite sexual counterparts. Both Jesus and St. Paul picked up this vision of marriage in Genesis 1-2 as normative.

OTHER EFFECTS

Besides severing the institution of marriage from the values of child-rearing, monogamy, and longevity, "gay marriage" will have at least three other catastrophic effects:

• We can expect an eventual end to any structural prerequisites for a legitimate sexual relationship. What logical basis will remain for denying marriage to committed sexual unions comprised of three or more persons or two adult siblings?

• There is good evidence that societal approval of homosexual practice may increase the incidence of homosexuality and bisexuality, not just homosexual practice.

• "Gay marriage," as the ultimate legal sanctioning of homosexual behavior, will bring with it a wave of intolerance toward those who publicly express disapproval of homosexual practice.

The idea of "gay marriage" is an oxymoron.

(opponent quoted below)

That is not the definition of marriage. The definition of marriage is the joinning two people. Everything needs to change at some point in time a long time a go the "definition" use to be a union of a white man and a white woman but as you can see that has changed and now mixed races can. That right there proves it has and can be changed. No the point of getting married it so BE with who you love there are lots of couples that have been married that don't have kids and are perfectly happy and who says it is a "Screwed up home" That is your opinion there are certianly alot of people who only have one sex parent. Does that make them screwed up? No so that should prove that it doesn't matter if you have the same sex parent(s). HOW they riase you desides if it is screwed up or not.

Actually go to dictionary.com or the dictionary and it will tell you that your really wrong… it is the legal union of man and wife. And the definition never was white men and women it’s just blacks weren’t included. But gays should never have the right and having one sex parent doesn’t mean nothing but that the guy or girl had offspring with an opposite sex. That’s like saying you wouldn’t care if everyone was gay… well if everyone was gay you wouldn’t be here.

(opponent quoted below)

Forget what you would feel how would he feel knowing there would be people who hate him stairing at him possible wanting to hurt him because of who he loves. He would have people look at him and judge him for love even. Something that is harmless that he can not control. He would have people telling him it is wrong and that he can not be with the person he wants to be with only because of the outside apperance. He would have to live knowing his father or mother hates him because of love. Even thou he would be told he is loved no matter what.

I’m not saying he wouldn’t be loved I’m just saying it would be wrong, not right just like going back to when I said if your son wanted to get with his own family and love them in an unacceptable way, you wouldn’t hate him you just wouldn’t want him to show his feelings because it’s just wrong and not right.

Life is pretty much about reproduction like any other animal. Do you know about any gay or incest animals no because that’s just nature and that’s how it’s supposed to go. You pretty much reproduce live die reproduce live die just like every other animal and that’s just how it goes.

(opponent quoted below)

How can they ban something they don't even have a total grasp on their own ways.

They do have a total grasp on their own ways… If you woke up or you were mad at someone and felt like you wanted to punch them in their face do you… no because you have total grasp of your body and feelings towards someone… and you would know that being with a guy is wrong and unacceptable and not right because that’s nature and you live to reproduce live and die.

Definition of life(go to dictionary.com or a dictionary to be proven) -The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli. That’s the definition of life… you see growth and reproduction… how is life supposed to happen for the future if no reproduction occurs…. It can’t happen with two males you and I know that.

Edited by debator_101

(opponent quoted)

It’s not just religion that the opinion of no gay marriages is based upon. You seem to bring everything back upon to religion or discrimination. First of all to get the blacks settled they sold by there own people to us for money… that was all about money. But gays is something totally different and people are trying to put them as a separate group. Just like incest, someone may love someone in there own family more than family but do they show those feelings… no because that’s just not right and neither is gay marriage.

Gay's don't want to be in a seperate group usually it's the people who are against them that do. Incest is diffrent gay's are not related that's just like me relating straight people to incest. A man and a woman could be related to have sex would that make straights wrong? No incest has nothing to do with being gay.

Marriage is pictured as the reunion of the two constituent halves, man and woman. A same-sex erotic relationship can never constitute a marriage because it will always lack the requisite sexual counterparts. Both Jesus and St. Paul picked up this vision of marriage in Genesis 1-2 as normative.

OTHER EFFECTS

Besides severing the institution of marriage from the values of child-rearing, monogamy, and longevity, "gay marriage" will have at least three other catastrophic effects:

• We can expect an eventual end to any structural prerequisites for a legitimate sexual relationship. What logical basis will remain for denying marriage to committed sexual unions comprised of three or more persons or two adult siblings?

Not everyone is going to be gay. We love who we love reproduction wouldn't have to end there is such thing as artificial insemination. So therefore the Human race would not come to an end.

• There is good evidence that societal approval of homosexual practice may increase the incidence of homosexuality and bisexuality, not just homosexual practice.

Which again you know we don't know how many gay's and bisexual's there were that were just scared to come out of the closet before now. That would make any people very sad and unhappy because of the hate of others. Who is to say that it really increased rathered than people now are not as afraid of coming out of the closet. People along time ago im sure could have been killed which doesn't make the straight just scared to come out of the closet.

• "Gay marriage," as the ultimate legal sanctioning of homosexual behavior, will bring with it a wave of intolerance toward those who publicly express disapproval of homosexual practice.

Well you know if gay's start getting married evenually people will have to accept and move on just like the south had to with blacks. People should learn to accept it anyway because gay's and lesbians aren't going anywhere.

The idea of "gay marriage" is an oxymoron.

(opponent quoted below)

Actually go to dictionary.com or the dictionary and it will tell you that your really wrong… it is the legal union of man and wife. And the definition never was white men and women it’s just blacks weren’t included. But gays should never have the right and having one sex parent doesn’t mean nothing but that the guy or girl had offspring with an opposite sex. That’s like saying you wouldn’t care if everyone was gay… well if everyone was gay you wouldn’t be here.

(opponent quoted below)

I’m not saying he wouldn’t be loved I’m just saying it would be wrong, not right just like going back to when I said if your son wanted to get with his own family and love them in an unacceptable way, you wouldn’t hate him you just wouldn’t want him to show his feelings because it’s just wrong and not right.

Life is pretty much about reproduction like any other animal. Do you know about any gay or incest animals no because that’s just nature and that’s how it’s supposed to go. You pretty much reproduce live die reproduce live die just like every other animal and that’s just how it goes.

(opponent quoted below)

How can they ban something they don't even have a total grasp on their own ways.

They do have a total grasp on their own ways… If you woke up or you were mad at someone and felt like you wanted to punch them in their face do you… no because you have total grasp of your body and feelings towards someone… and you would know that being with a guy is wrong and unacceptable and not right because that’s nature and you live to reproduce live and die.

Definition of life(go to dictionary.com or a dictionary to be proven) -The property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter, manifested in functions such as metabolism, growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli. That’s the definition of life… you see growth and reproduction… how is life supposed to happen for the future if no reproduction occurs…. It can’t happen with two males you and I know that.

First off We are people we are animals but we are not like them. Animals do not love period and there have been reports that some animals kiss the same sex or do other things. Here are some links for gay animals

http://www.rockhawk.com/Gay%20Animals.htm

http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=3555

also it is a descrimination because Gay's were born gay. It is not right to deny them the right to get married no one is perfect and all sin's are equal. There are such sins as

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you." Leviticus 11:7

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you." Leviticus 11:22.

"And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof, he is unclean unto you." -Leviticus 11:6

"They shalt not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh." Leviticus 21:5

How come yall missed those? I mean if you eat pork rabbit some sea foods or shave and sence all sin's are equal because a sin is a sin. Then you must be an abomination. Not to mention we are taking away the rights of people. Not to mention the dictionary was written by man that means opinions where mixed into it. Now lets look at the many definitions of discrimination

dis·crim·i·na·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-skrm-nshn)

n.

The act of discriminating.

The ability or power to see or make fine distinctions; discernment.

Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual

discrimination

n 1: unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice

LETS GET STARTED

QUOTED BELOW

Gay's don't want to be in a seperate group usually it's the people who are against them that do. Incest is diffrent gay's are not related that's just like me relating straight people to incest. A man and a woman could be related to have sex would that make straights wrong? No incest has nothing to do with being gay.

Incest definitely does have something to do with gay… for one incest is wrong and gay is wrong… for two gay is 2 males and incest is 2 of the same family….

And you were talking as if gays were separated as if you were discriminating them yourself putting them out there as maybe a different species or something like LOOK DOWN

QUOTED BELOW

Gay's should have the right just like anyone else do marry who ever they please if i remember correctly the blacks had this same problem ( mixed couple marriage ). <<<SEPERATION

Gay's do not hurt people and have no intention of doing so. So why ban gay marriage? ^^^SEPERATION

If we deni gay's to marry that could show the other people who are driven by hate to try and get other things banned or hate more and that would be a step backwards. <<<SEPERATION

Gay's just want a place in america. <<<SEPERATION

QUOTED BELOW

also it is a descrimination because Gay's were born gay.

How do you figure gays were born gay my uncle is gay but he used to be gay and in the middle had a wife and a kid so it was definitely just his choice and opinion even though I fully despise his ideas for doing that but I still love him.

QUOTED BELOW

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you." Leviticus 11:7

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you." Leviticus 11:22.

"And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof, he is unclean unto you." -Leviticus 11:6

"They shalt not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh." Leviticus 21:5

I see how you say a lot of people don’t believe in the bible or Christian or catholic but here you are trying to use religion to defend your beliefs… Lets go back and see.

QUOTED BELOW

To be able to be diffrent we should not be decided by one religion when there are many religion's and opinions. Even the Christian relgion in itself can not deside on exactly how the Bible is. There are many translations of it which has caused the diffrent branches of Christianity.

So you think we shouldn’t base it on religion but you just used many quotes from levetivus to defend that gay marriage is ok.

QUOTED BELOW

Not everyone is going to be gay. We love who we love reproduction wouldn't have to end there is such thing as artificial insemination. So therefore the Human race would not come to an end.

Artificial insemination- Introduction of semen into the vagina or uterus without sexual contact.

With no females artificial insemination would be made impossible to complete.. you need a womens egg to help produce a zygote and therefore produce a baby but 2 males sperm is useless….

QUOTED BELOW

Well you know if gay's start getting married evenually people will have to accept and move on just like the south had to with blacks. People should learn to accept it anyway because gay's and lesbians aren't going anywhere.

What do you mean about gay’s aren’t going anywhere its as if you think they are black or white and can’t change there color…. It is a opinion or liking that they choose to be gay they could become straight just like my uncle has.

QUOTED BELOW

How come yall missed those? I mean if you eat pork rabbit some sea foods or shave and sence all sin's are equal because a sin is a sin.

A sin is definitely not a sin killing someone and and eating sea food is way different… Eating seafood is definitely not on the ten commandments but killing is. And since you obviously aren’t a religion because then you would believe gay marriage is wrong then I should tell you that….

EDIT by Lottie. There is no need to use religion as in insult. You have been warned.

Edited by Lottie

LETS GET STARTED

QUOTED BELOW

Incest definitely does have something to do with gay… for one incest is wrong and gay is wrong… for two gay is 2 males and incest is 2 of the same family….

And you were talking as if gays were separated as if you were discriminating them yourself putting them out there as maybe a different species or something like LOOK DOWN

it has to do with people that is the only common thing those two have in common....i could say the same thing about straights two people and incest is with two people oh look it has a common link they could both be of opposite sex.

QUOTED BELOW

Gay's should have the right just like anyone else do marry who ever they please if i remember correctly the blacks had this same problem ( mixed couple marriage ). <<<SEPERATION

Gay's do not hurt people and have no intention of doing so. So why ban gay marriage? ^^^SEPERATION

If we deni gay's to marry that could show the other people who are driven by hate to try and get other things banned or hate more and that would be a step backwards. <<<SEPERATION

Gay's just want a place in america. <<<SEPERATION

QUOTED BELOW

also it is a descrimination because Gay's were born gay.

How do you figure gays were born gay my uncle is gay but he used to be gay and in the middle had a wife and a kid so it was definitely just his choice and opinion even though I fully despise his ideas for doing that but I still love him.

Just because he had a wife and kid doesn't mean anything. He could be bisexual doesn't mean he wasn't born with the ability to love the same sex. He could have just been scared to come out of the closet or scared to offend or hurt someone he loves. He could have even have been rejected.

QUOTED BELOW

I see how you say a lot of people don’t believe in the bible or Christian or catholic but here you are trying to use religion to defend your beliefs… Lets go back and see.

QUOTED BELOW

To be able to be diffrent we should not be decided by one religion when there are many religion's and opinions. Even the Christian relgion in itself can not deside on exactly how the Bible is. There are many translations of it which has caused the diffrent branches of Christianity.

So you think we shouldn’t base it on religion but you just used many quotes from levetivus to defend that gay marriage is ok.

That is true i don't but i was just proving the fact that we do other things "wrong" coming from the bible and we are not hated for it.

QUOTED BELOW

Artificial insemination- Introduction of semen into the vagina or uterus without sexual contact.

With no females artificial insemination would be made impossible to complete.. you need a womens egg to help produce a zygote and therefore produce a baby but 2 males sperm is useless….

what do you mean no females? We have them now let's just say everyone turned gay. Which they won't. We could just take the sperm and put it in the woman to continue life. We could have people have them and give them up for adoption to the other people. That way life would always continue reguardless if you are male or female. It is not like if everyone turned gay women would stop being born or they would all disappear.

QUOTED BELOW

What do you mean about gay’s aren’t going anywhere its as if you think they are black or white and can’t change there color…. It is a opinion or liking that they choose to be gay they could become straight just like my uncle has.

How do you know he wasn't gay before the only one who knows is him. Not to mention he doesn't count for all the gay's and lesbian's just like one crazy person doesn't count for all of that race. You can not assume that just because you think your uncle "turned" gay every other gay did.

QUOTED BELOW

How come yall missed those? I mean if you eat pork rabbit some sea foods or shave and sence all sin's are equal because a sin is a sin.

A sin is definitely not a sin killing someone and and eating sea food is way different… Eating seafood is definitely not on the ten commandments but killing is. And since you obviously aren’t a religion because then you would believe gay marriage is wrong then I should tell you that….

No as a matter of fact i am a Christian. I personally don't believe what you believe. You judge to quickly just because my beliefs aren't exactly like yours does not mean i am not a follower of God. I am stating a fact not everyone in america is Christian. Not everyone in america is straight. The reason God didn't control us is because he wanted us to have free will. He wanted us to choose his way but choose non the less. Yes a sin is a sin because reguardless what you do it is wrong. period just because your mind can not comprhind that doesn't mean it is not a fact. If it isn't then let God himself correct me. Not a human who makes mistakes of his own. If a gay dies his or her partner has no medical coverage and can not recieve any life insurance from their partner. They are left alone and possible in debt not to mention anything else. Is it right to have the person you love DIE and not be able to know or see them because you are not family? That is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with whom you love and care for. The person that oculd be laying in the hospital dead is who you devoted your life to being with. Is that right? to be left alone and possible money trouble and other things just because they are the same sex as you. No it is not period. Let's do what you say take religion complete out of this what other proof besides your opinion do you have to take away gay rights? Any you cant say it isn't natural because other animal's do it. So it has to be in some way. Is it hurting anyone no. Should all people have equal rights yes. There is no reason for us to be fighting over the right to take someone's right to be united with their partner.

Edit by Lottie

Edited by Lottie

Comment removed

Again, people, this is a formal debate between 2 specific opponents. Only they are allowed to post in this thread. Please refrain from adding comments to the debate, it's distracting and rude.

MM

Edited by Magikman

EDIT: debator_101, There was a reason your post was edited by Lottie, please read the debating guidelines. Also. your previous post has been deleted, please do not post personal comments of that nature within this Debates Forum, consider this your first official warning. Edited by tiddlyjen

Debator 101, consider yourself suspended from the debates forum. Posts such as what I have just deleted will not be tolerated in any way shape or form.

Tiddlyjen

Edited by tiddlyjen