Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#16    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

How is this going to cause trouble for the U.S.?

I would think a better tourist ploy to get people there, would be to stop the current slaughter of thier people. IMO

Edited by zenfahr, 29 September 2011 - 02:37 PM.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

#17    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Why is it only ministers of tourism talking about all the secret finds and alien proof?

#18    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

Looks like a Mexican attempt at bolstering their failing tourism industry at the hands of the drug cartel violence spinning the country into chaos..

#19    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

View PostBiffWellington, on 29 September 2011 - 06:04 AM, said:

Every once in awhile that show will point out something interesting, but I don't think it gives mankind enough credit for it's own intelligence.
Ancient aliens thrive and this idea.
Except, it only really seems to apply to little brown people. They pretty much ignore anything in Europe.
Romans had flame throwers.
  While it's understandable if you read about how they generated the tech, the way Ancient Aliens produces their shows, who cares about context?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#20    passible

passible

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

No civilization which claims to have met aliens of higher intelligence will be involved in outrageous human sacrifices (unless the aliens needed blood for fuel...). C'mon, I have too much to lose by wasting my precious time on stories like this

#21    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 29 September 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

Perhaps the Vatican already knows and has stuff locked deep in its vault regarding the Aztecs, Mayans and Incas.

Maybe the destruction of their civilizations was because they claimed more evolved beings from the stars had setup their cultures and the Jesus loving Vatican (Christ loving fanatics) couldnt cope so they labelled them heretics and destroyed everything.
Perhaps the easter bunny will hop to your house too. :rolleyes:

Its obivous you hate religion. Your hate really comes thru. Hard to take seriously someone that has so much hate.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#22    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

View PostThe Skeptic Eric Raven, on 29 September 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

Perhaps the easter bunny will hop to your house too. :rolleyes:

Its obivous you hate religion. Your hate really comes thru. Hard to take seriously someone that has so much hate.

Thats quite an assumption you make.

I believe in God thanks. I also know the Vatican used to be quite fanatical in its promoting of religion so its possible. Us Brits did it to India. We ridiculed the claims in the Vedas and instead set about recreating India in our image.

Edited by Chimpanzee, 29 September 2011 - 07:38 PM.

#23    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:47 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 29 September 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

Thats quite an assumption you make.

I believe in God thanks. I also know the Vatican used to be quite fanatical in its promoting of religion so its possible. Us Brits did it to India. We ridiculed the claims in the Vedas and instead set about recreating India in our image.
If you don't think your post was full of hate, then you should really re read it. Just saying. :tu:

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#24    Chimpanzee

Chimpanzee

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

View PostThe Skeptic Eric Raven, on 29 September 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

If you don't think your post was full of hate, then you should really re read it. Just saying. :tu:

Sorry to upset your fun here.

I believe in God so accusing me of hating God is nonsensical. As for the Spanish they did destroy South American civilization using, with the support of and full backing from the Catholic Church. The natives were seen as heretics and the Church saw itself as their saviour so they wiped out their culture.

All I did was add in an alien connection.

#25    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

They need money and what better way to get it than draw in throngs of camera happy brain dead tourists...nuff said...

Ancient Aliens is such a study in mental maxturbation...but you are correct on one idea...occasionally it will grasp for info to support it's ideas and actually present a site or info I was not aware of...though it uses such things to try and reinforce it's theory...it is an occasional source of crap I never knew about...just take it with a grain of salt and do your own "legitimate" inquiry into what science really and truly knows about it...cases in point that some folks have mentioned...Gobekli-Tepe...the "carved city" in Africa...

#26    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

View PostChimpanzee, on 29 September 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

Sorry to upset your fun here.

I believe in God so accusing me of hating God is nonsensical. As for the Spanish they did destroy South American civilization using, with the support of and full backing from the Catholic Church. The natives were seen as heretics and the Church saw itself as their saviour so they wiped out their culture.

All I did was add in an alien connection.
I said your post was full of hate, not that you hated god. Perhaps you should read better. Your post was hateful. Own it.  :rolleyes:

#27    Kali74

Kali74

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

• Out of the tens of thousands of sightings all over the world, only one need be true.
    -Jon Cypher (loosely)

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

There's a lot in the article and it should probably be read all the way through. New sites have been found and also access to restricted areas of the sites has been given to the film makers. The President of Mexico is backing the minister of tourism, which doesn't necassarily mean anything but...archaeologists are also supposed to be on board to support claims made. Mexico and Guatemala are citing this as important information to all of humanity. Still could all be for tourism but I'm optimisitic, as always.

:P

I choose to live in hope, open to possibilites and risk dying wrong rather than to live looking down and possibly missing it all.
                                                                                                                                                                                     ~Me

#28    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,852 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Me too ! Kali74 ! Maybe someday they will find a complete Star Cruiser buried under one of those Temple`s  Now that would bee a great thing indeed ! One with an Owners manual too please !

This is a Work in Progress!

#29    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• 1,521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

And as the Great Supereme Commander Lord Odo of the Katana Space Faring Fleet of the Intergalactical Federation reads this bit of interesting Human news: he laughs, and saids, "What delutional fools!"

Edited by Atlantis Rises, 29 September 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#30    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

I so hope it's true, but sounds like a tourism ploy.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users