Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do you train your fish?

Cetacea

How do you train a fish?

The small black fish swim around the tank; gracefully gliding back and forth with little discernible pattern.

Then, barely audible over the watery whirr of the marine laboratory, a low buzz sounds.

And a few seconds later, the scene is transformed as the fish crowd into a small area, corralling themselves into a tightly packed ball.

They are awaiting a reward.

"Now we drop some food into the feeding tube," says Scott Lindell, who is running the experiment.

"And voila, they are satiated and happy.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cetacea

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Neognosis

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained my Tiger Oscar not to jump out of my 80 gallon Show Tank; I have Tiger Oscars and Jack Dempsey’s and they would fight and chase each other around, after the Tiger Oscar jumped out and landed upon the Carpet before me, I put it right back into the water and the second time it jumped out, I left it gasping for a while and then put it back into the Tank and it never jumped out after that last time. Fish are very smart and learn real fast.

Pavot

CICHLIDS are very smart, for fish. A lot of other fish are idiots.

I have several aquariums, and most of the fish respond to conditioning around their feeding. But my cichlids could recognize different people. I found it very interesting that cichlids were the smartest fish, but also the most aggressive and violent. I often ponder this and wonder if it has larger implications.