Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Ark of the Covenant "will not be revealed"


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31    HerNibs

HerNibs

    Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

  • Member
  • 12,261 posts
  • Joined:03 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Colorado

  • Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

dragon15066 on Jul 2 2009, 02:39 AM, said:

One more dragging of the "faithful" to the alter of the slaves to catch a glimpse of things that do not exist. I for one am glad that they have withheld the glory of their "god", for we know how willing he is to "Smite Thee"! Another attempt to bring the "faithful" to the "Alter of the Slaves" just to see how many will gather to the Glory of the Enslaved. Break free of thy bonds and see the greatness of thy Lord Satan! How many more will flock to the alter of the damned? "Jew...kill they Muslim, Muslim, Kill thy Jew, and most faithful Christian "Kill That which remains"! If a Kingdom is TRULEY Divided... where is the father of thy enslavement? Divided and Conflicted, see the truth amongst the LIE!



huh.gif


Wut?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#32    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,527 posts
  • Joined:30 Sep 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

Urvshabon on Jul 6 2009, 04:06 PM, said:

Total garbage waste of my reading time.


     Then why are you wasting even more time by commenting that you wasted your time?



#33    mindibee

mindibee

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2009

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

No one is asking to touch it, merely to see it. Would it not make sense to reveal it to prove the non believers that it exists by revealing it to the public.  It wasn't revealed because it is a fable... and if this statement isn't true... the challenge is simply to the show the item and prove it, then there would be no question, the Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc... would not be able to dispute it, right?  hmmm... a simple solution for a simple mind.


#34    mindibee

mindibee

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2009

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:26 PM


It's easy to quote... but a wise person thinks for themselves.


#35    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,527 posts
  • Joined:30 Sep 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

mindibee on Jul 9 2009, 06:21 PM, said:

No one is asking to touch it, merely to see it. Would it not make sense to reveal it to prove the non believers that it exists by revealing it to the public.  It wasn't revealed because it is a fable... and if this statement isn't true... the challenge is simply to the show the item and prove it, then there would be no question, the Christians, Jews, Muslims, etc... would not be able to dispute it, right?  hmmm... a simple solution for a simple mind.


     I don't know. There are most likely many thousands of people who could cobble together a passable replica of the Ark, especially if the individuals permitted to "view" it would be held back beyond a rope or a chain.



#36    brlesq1

brlesq1

    Fan Dancer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Music Box

  • Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

Quote

I don't know. There are most likely many thousands of people who could cobble together a passable replica of the Ark, especially if the individuals permitted to "view" it would be held back beyond a rope or a chain.


And given today's techology, you could even rig the thing to smite somebody on command.

Hm. Sounds like fun.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#37    mindibee

mindibee

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2009

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:00 PM


Indeed, you do make a valid point.  And with the sheep factor (I believe because someone told me) it would be relatively easy to dupe someone. Electrical shock, big man goes down, dead, believers stand vigil. If people stand vigil over a statue that supposedly cries milk or an image on the side of a tree...or grilled cheese sandwich for that matter, it would be pretty easy to sway the gullible. But, what if it (the ark) were studied by non-believers and believers alike at the same time? Not possible... because of pride or the ark is a fake (an interesting saga, like Gilgamesh), or doesn't exist at all.


#38    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,527 posts
  • Joined:30 Sep 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

mindibee on Jul 11 2009, 10:00 PM, said:

Indeed, you do make a valid point.  And with the sheep factor (I believe because someone told me) it would be relatively easy to dupe someone. Electrical shock, big man goes down, dead, believers stand vigil. If people stand vigil over a statue that supposedly cries milk or an image on the side of a tree...or grilled cheese sandwich for that matter, it would be pretty easy to sway the gullible. But, what if it (the ark) were studied by non-believers and believers alike at the same time? Not possible... because of pride or the ark is a fake (an interesting saga, like Gilgamesh), or doesn't exist at all.


    All I've ever said about the likelihood of the Ark being in Ethiopia is that it would have made a sensible place to send it if and when it fell into imminent danger in Jerusalem - across a salt water sea, up in impregnably-high mountain fortresses and guarded by fierce warriors who were also observant Jews and who would have given their lives to defend it.



#39    mindibee

mindibee

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2009

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:28 PM

OldTimeRadio on Jul 12 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

All I've ever said about the likelihood of the Ark being in Ethiopia is that it would have made a sensible place to send it if and when it fell into imminent danger in Jerusalem - across a salt water sea, up in impregnably-high mountain fortresses and guarded by fierce warriors who were also observant Jews and who would have given their lives to defend it.

Ok...


#40    Cybele

Cybele

    Married to the Void

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

View PostOldTimeRadio, on Jul 10 2009, 01:03 PM, said:

I don't know. There are most likely many thousands of people who could cobble together a passable replica of the Ark, especially if the individuals permitted to "view" it would be held back beyond a rope or a chain.

I think they did just that on an episode of MythBusters on the Discovery Channel.  It turns out it works as a capacitor and stores static electricity, shocking you when you touch it.  I don't remember which episode it was.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson

#41    Cybele

Cybele

    Married to the Void

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Joined:26 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Prick your finger it is done
    The moon has now eclipsed the sun
    The angel has spread its wings
    The time has come for bitter things

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:06 AM

View PostOldTimeRadio, on Jul 10 2009, 01:03 PM, said:

I don't know. There are most likely many thousands of people who could cobble together a passable replica of the Ark, especially if the individuals permitted to "view" it would be held back beyond a rope or a chain.

I think they did just that on an episode of MythBusters on the Discovery Channel.  It turns out it works as a capacitor and stores static electricity, shocking you when you touch it.  I don't remember which episode it was.

My sig: "Cryptorchid", Marilyn Manson




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users