Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Why so many 'debunkers' here?

ufo debunk non-believers skeptics aliens

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#16    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,335 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

View Postbendigger0, on 17 January 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

What's up with all the 'debunkers' here?  Isn't this forum for folks who want to positively discuss the reality of ufo's, extra-terrestrials, and related phenomena?

What's the good of an 'unexplained mystery' that can be explained?

I'm glad for the skeptics and debunkers because it allows us to see which mysteries, or parts of mysteries, are truly 'unexplained'.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#17    Magic Stars

Magic Stars

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• Nobody's a virgin. Life screws us all.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

I personally like the people who peel back everything and then say 'Nope, sorry. Maybe next time' It's good to look at something fully, break it into pieces, and then evaluate.

Yes, it would be exciting, frightening and amazing all mixed in one to have solid (Well nothing is one hundred percent) concrete evidence of say 'Aliens visiting Earth, Aliens have, etc, but if we find something is a hoax, or is just something else, the truth is better that way. Some people just crave for something to be real so much and will dismiss everything else in front of them that it could leave a big red mark in the face. I, personally myself, am all for seeing is believing and actually having evidence.

It is nice to believe and have faith and imagine but if it's a lie surely it's better to say it?

#18    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,008 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 17 January 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

[...] Some, who have genuine knowledge, are rather pompous and arrogant and will take any opportunity to show how "wonderful" they are by beating on another poster who says something these "egos" do not like, even if they have made a simple error, they are simply cannon fodder for these inflated egos. The attacked poster may even be right, but this will not do for the egos, as it is they who are right, always! These egos also do not like people to dream, for dreams, fantasies, call them what you like, are alien to the egos, as dreams cannot be measured and cataloged, and dreams do not have "i" to be dotted and "t" to be crossed. [...]
I'm curious: when you were debunking some fantasies surrounding Dyatlov pass incident, that was your "ego" speaking, right?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#19    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

There would be nothing to discuss if everyone just sat around agreeing with one another about everything. This is a open forum, meaning all positions and points of view should be represented. We neither cater exclusively to skeptics nor believers but instead to a healthy mix of both.

With that said and given that this thread seems to be based on a somewhat loaded question, I'm going to close this down sooner rather than later before the responses take a turn for the worse.

Closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users