Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hypertextual Consciousness?

The Nameless One

Let's assume "cyberspace," here put in quotes so as to grab hold of the term as if it were an actual thing in the physical world of material thought, is a new universe, a parallel universe created and sustained by the global computer networks. If the continuous flow of data throughout the "cyberspace" realm is always already interconnnected by the network technology that makes the dream of international data-transfer possible, then what does this do to the concept of hypertextual consciousness?

How do you feel about this? The possibilty of an Actual Matrix, where people have Emotion, Pain, Ecstasy, and Wonder. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Nameless One

• snuffypuffer

• Blood Angel

• moe eubleck

Why not Moe? This is where Technology is leading us into. Where our world wil be controlled by nanotechnology, and Biological computers. thumbsup.gif

I find it quite simple for the idea of a man one day being capable of downloading himself into a V.R world.

lets be honest,,this is where things strart to freak people out

in the matrix neo is told..what is real..you feel the chair,an electrical impulse is sent from your fingertips to your brain...so how do we know we are awake

i love films like the matrix and another oldie..the net ...if everything is on barcodes and computers,,the ones who want to know where we are will know what they want..how many bottles of beer was puschased with your credit card and so on

You really think people freak out over this, which you are probably right.

But I say lets Embrace it. thumbsup.gif

Ill drink a Beer to that too. thumbsup.gif

I don't know about you guys.. but I'm sick of being fat and ugly. I'll take the matrix anytime.

Can you download me onto the Nostromo? I'll take being stalked by aliens over a day in my life anytime.

Im sick of just Good Looking, or Moderate Looking Girls, Id also take the Matrix Id make sure I have the Perfect Woman, no offense to My Girlfriend, hehehehe!!! thumbsup.gif

Wow sounds interesting, does this mean i could have bigger boobs for free? change my body anyway i like? Nothing is better than real life peoples, nothing would be real anymore if what your saying happens, it would get very boring very easily, with everything being perfect and all. I am proud of my uniqueness, where as i am not "perfect", in my eyes why would anyone want to be perfect, howabout being unique?

Wow sounds interesting, does this mean i could have bigger boobs for free? change my body anyway i like?

Would you like bigger boobs BA??? I'm sure Santa would hook you up if you asked nice enough. laugh.gif

<- New Jordan/Pam Anderson in the making, should i go all out and have my lips done too XD!!!

I would run the company that owns the computer you are all uploading into and become rich.

You didnt think it would be free did you? tongue.gif

I could be a kung fu master. thumbsup.gif

Id fix the problem I just caused by not knowing how to use the polls correctly.