Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] RIP Dick Clark

Keel M.

Dick Clark, the music industry maverick, longtime TV host and powerhouse producer who changed the way we listened to pop music with American Bandstand, and whose trademark Rockin' Eve became a fixture of New Year's celebrations, died today at the age of 82, ABC News has learned.

Clark, who suffered a serious stroke in 2004 but returned to the airwaves, reportedly died from a heart attack.

Born in Mount Vernon, N.Y., on Nov. 30, 1929, Richard Wagstaff Clark began his lifelong career in show business began before he was even out of high school. He started working in the mailroom of WRUN, a radio station in upstate New York run by his father and uncle. It wasn't long before the teenager was on the air, filling in for the weatherman and the announcer.

Full story

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghostdancer

• itsnotoutthere

• Keel M.

• Javid86

Top Posters In This Topic

Another icon gone... :cry:

I had to explain to one of my co-workers who this guy was. Makes me feel old.:no:

But Dick wasn't looking or acting well these past few years, so I knew his time was ending soon. R.I.P. Dick - we spent a lot of New Years Eve's together.

Watched Bandstand since I was about 5 yrs. old with my older siblings. What a wonderful life. So many years of good music. RIP.

Watched Bandstand since I was about 5 yrs. old with my older siblings. What a wonderful life. So many years of good music. RIP.

Yeah, I watched it too. It seems like Clark had a pretty good life with lots of friends, and not wanting for money. The stroke seemed so hard on him, I didn't think he could keep going much longer; but he did. He did so much for so many people over the years. What a great life to leave behind.

First Don Cornelius, then Dick Clark. Just a coincidence I guess ...

"muhahahahahahahaha ..."

80032-RyanSeacrest.jpg

"... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

ryanseacrest300.jpg

who's Dick Clark?

Edited by itsnotoutthere