Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Natalie Wood possibly bruised before death

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

The case took another twist Monday when officials released a 10-page addendum to Wood's 1981 autopsy that cites unexplained bruises and scratches on Wood's face and arms as significant factors that led to officials changing her death certificate last year from a drowning to "drowning and other undetermined factors."

http://www.cbsnews.c...d-before-death/

http://www.latimes.c...0,6854742.story

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I really wonder about this case. I am confused why this is not affecting the two men with her at the time. Wealthy actors do get away with a lot.

Edited by Jeffertonturner, 15 January 2013 - 08:33 PM.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 15 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

I really wonder about this case. I am confused why this is not affecting the two men with her at the time. Wealthy actors to get away with a lot.

Patience...

Im sure ,now when case is re-open, that justice will be done.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,170 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Bruises on Wood's arms, a scratch on her neck and superficial abrasions to the actress' face may have occurred before Wood ended up in the waters

========================================================================

maybe hitting the side of the boat on her way down caused this. She had been drinking heavily beforehand, but what is this going to achieve? the arrest of Robert Wagner, Christopher Walken and the boat captain?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Davern is doing everything he can to get 82 year old Robert Wagner front and center and charged with his wife's death.

She was drunk, over 3 times the legal limit. She couldn't swim. She was wearing a nightgown.

She fell overboard and drowned.

It's sad but it happens all the time.

Just because you're a movie star makes no difference.

#6    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,368 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostAntilles, on 16 January 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Davern is doing everything he can to get 82 year old Robert Wagner front and center and charged with his wife's death.

She was drunk, over 3 times the legal limit. She couldn't swim. She was wearing a nightgown.

She fell overboard and drowned.

Her blood alcohol was 0.14. Toxicology showed medication for sea sickness and also painkillers.
Add to those tox. results the circumstance that when pulled from the water, Wood had worn coat over her nightgown. Well, obviously, she'd purposefully- for some reason- left her room to go out of doors after she'd already dressed for bed.

I don't know if authorities are trying to make a name for themselves or what, but I've found this whole thing ludicrous...and appalling, and quite disturbing.
Citizens should be outraged that authorities are ignoring other cases- cases where murderers are still roaming the streets looking for more victims!

It's stunning that the manner has been changed to undetermined considering the basis for such.
They cite injuries to the body...well, manner can't be determined anatomically, and they have no evidence that those injuries weren't associated with the drowning! Now, had she not been on a boat, that would change the circumstance (although I still don't find those injuries at all consistent with an assault- most notable bruises were to rt. forearm, rt. knee, and rt. ankle) but the fact is, she came off of a 60' yacht!
Anyway, I don't know how they managed it, but they got the manner changed to undetermined.
Bottom line..."undetermined" ain't gonna get 'em where they're tryin' to go and the reason is because they have no evidence of a homicide. Undetermined serves to highlight that fact because apparently, in consideration of whatever evidence authorities took to their new coroner, he still couldn't call it homicide.

#7    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,056 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Why are we still dwelling on this case in the first place?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#8    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 16 January 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Why are we still dwelling on this case in the first place?
I agree let the dead rest

#9    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

regi, I agree that someone is trying to make a name for themselves. I do not believe Robert Wagner hit her and either deliberately or accidentally sent her overboard which is basically what this new inquiry is saying. Chris Walken has spoken about the incident once, many years ago. He said it was an accident and he was there. If Davern was so concerned about Wood, then why the hell didn't he go searching for her? He pulls out the Nazi excuse, I was just following orders.

#10    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Here you go, regi. Apparently, Wagner has basically told this latest bunch of investigators to bugger off. He 's co-operated with LE and everyone else for 30 years and he has nothing left to say.
Good for him.

http://news.ninemsn....ie-wood-inquiry

#11    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostAntilles, on 18 January 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Here you go, regi. Apparently, Wagner has basically told this latest bunch of investigators to bugger off. He 's co-operated with LE and everyone else for 30 years and he has nothing left to say.
Good for him.

Good for Robert Wagner.

#12    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

No surprise there .

Miss me?

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,170 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostAntilles, on 18 January 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Good for him.

Yes, good for him. What do they expect him to say now?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#14    Chooky88

Chooky88

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Let it go. She died accidentally. There is no "proof beyond reasonable doubt"  therefore Robert and Chris are innocent under western "Westminster" based law and by common law standards. Leave R and C alone and let N rest in peace.

#15    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,368 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostAntilles, on 17 January 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

I do not believe Robert Wagner hit her and either deliberately or accidentally sent her overboard which is basically what this new inquiry is saying.

Actually, Antilles, they aren't saying that. They're suspecting foul play, but they've also stated that Wagner and Walken aren't suspects!
Well, that leaves one person to suspect... unless they think there was foul play sometime after Wood left the yacht.
Here's an article from 2011 which recounts what Walken had said in a '97 interview regarding the circumstances of that night, which btw, correlates (and to my knowledge, has always correlated and remained consistent) with Wagner's statements re: that night.
http://www.hollywood...r-walken-263792

Edited by regi, 18 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users