Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Saskatchewan haunted locations?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#46    Ketzer

Ketzer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

Dang, is this the "Post your largest picture" thread? laugh.gif

#47    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:02 AM

lol..I apologize. Tho, they do show up nice on a 22 screen.  Quill Lake is about 2 hours away from where I live and I go there from time to time. There is a huge white house at the junction in the town Watson that makes me feel uneasy in every time that I drive by it. I do not know if it's haunted. I do like all the churches, with graveyards, at around Quill Lake.  

Canada Ghosts
Virtual Saskatchewan

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#48    Richard the Lionheart

Richard the Lionheart

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• "Although they call me crazy, I care not, for thou art my helper, my strength, and my saviour."

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

Shiresy on Sep 29 2008, 08:59 AM, said:

Hey there gang. I am from S.E. Sask. Here are some pictures that were taken in the Moosehead restaurant and night club at Kenosee Lake. It is located in the Moose Mountain Provincial Park. The place is rumored to be haunted.

when did u take those pics?

"Although they call me crazy, I care not, for thou art my helper, my strength, and my saviour."

#49    saskkitty

saskkitty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Demonic_Damian on Mar 30 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

goodie! i want to see more pictures happy.gif looks like some fun stuff over there in sask.

hey spiritlady...i too am from saskatchewan...between the two cities in a town called nokomis!

hope to see you around!

#50    saskabilly

saskabilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:01 AM

Shiresy on Sep 29 2008, 02:59 AM, said:

Hey there gang. I am from S.E. Sask. Here are some pictures that were taken in the Moosehead restaurant and night club at Kenosee Lake. It is located in the Moose Mountain Provincial Park. The place is rumored to be haunted.

hate to break it to you, but that's just cigarette smoke... nothing more, nothing less... no spooky ecto plasm or anything like that.  if you look in the one picture you can even see the chick holding a smoke.

#51    Something Is Out There

Something Is Out There

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:32 AM

Dear,

Are you psychic? How can you tell there are 3 spirits and you can even tell their gender...

#52    Aeltari

Aeltari

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:06 AM

This one situation is haunting me now.  I want to know what happened to all those children in Primordial's picture.  One of them died on her 2nd birthday!  This tragedy is so chilling, I spent hours searching online for something, anything to give me a clue but it is as if the kids never existed.  It was 50 years ago, the paper in the North Battleford area was the Saskatchewan Herald, but there are no mentions of anything this tragic.  What is the name of the graveyard exactly, and what is the actual location?  Not even the ancestry pages has anything on them!

#53    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 30 May 2009 - 03:48 AM

Aeltari on May 29 2009, 01:06 AM, said:

This one situation is haunting me now.  I want to know what happened to all those children in Primordial's picture.  One of them died on her 2nd birthday!  This tragedy is so chilling, I spent hours searching online for something, anything to give me a clue but it is as if the kids never existed.  It was 50 years ago, the paper in the North Battleford area was the Saskatchewan Herald, but there are no mentions of anything this tragic.  What is the name of the graveyard exactly, and what is the actual location?  Not even the ancestry pages has anything on them!

the grave-yard is at the Batoche Park. It is a very nice place, great history(click) and I am always drawn to it. Down the hill, by the river, there is a grave of a man that was shot and was buried where he had died...

Edited by primordial, 30 May 2009 - 03:49 AM.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#54    Aeltari

Aeltari

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 05:13 AM

primordial on May 29 2009, 09:48 PM, said:

the grave-yard is at the Batoche Park. It is a very nice place, great history(click) and I am always drawn to it. Down the hill, by the river, there is a grave of a man that was shot and was buried where he had died...

Thanks!  We are going there tomorrow actually.  Since we are moving out east I wanted to see Batoche and take in its history before we leave.  I did find out about those graves however.  Not much information but enough to satisfy my heart.  A fire swept through their home killing all the children and their babysitter.  The mother apparently still lives in the area today.  Both parents werent home...and I am left wondering if they were getting things together for the little girl's 2nd birthday party.  Its such a public cemetary it must be so hard for the mother to visit her babies in peace.

Edited by Aeltari, 06 June 2009 - 05:14 AM.

#55    Raea

Raea

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hey everyone,

I used to live in Saskatoon and was always fascinated with this place past the Psych facility on a gravel road beyond Sutherland. I was wondering if anyone knows of any info on it? Rumour has it that it used to be a convent called Marysville (I've seen the old wooden sign that said Marysville, but you could only read part of it as it was covered over by another sign warning of guard dogs). When I used to go by there it had quite a lot of security - there was a more modern house that faced the old complex that seemed to have been mostly torn down, and the old guy that lived there must have been trying to prevent kids such as myself from snooping around. I think that house was also later torn down because I remember walking around a bit on the far end of the property to explore. I never made it too far, but there were I think some cabin-type houses as well on the property that you could see from the other side of the river bank.

I had a lot of friends that visited Marysville before it was progressively torn down, and they all had super creepy stories about it that varied quite a bit. All of them did say, however, that there was a large statue of Mary in the entrance of one of the main buildings, and that it seemed to be the source of much of the activity (crying blood, etc).

I live in England now but will be heading to Saskatoon tomorrow from our visit in Red Deer and intend to check it out and see what it's like today. If anyone has any info on it that would be great - I'd really like to know what happened there. I've tried looking for info about it on the net but have come up really short (only one brief mention of 'the Old Nunnery' on a different forum, but no specifics). If we get any cool photos I'll be sure to post them.  original.gif

#56    frommarr

frommarr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:34 PM

Hey all, I'm a little late coming to this game, I can see.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites in Saskatoon, which is where I live (other then the Marr residence).  Also, any supporting pictures would be great!  I am still a skeptic when it comes to the unexplained.

#57    astroceaser

astroceaser

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• "I'm not the one who's so far away when i feel the snake bite into my veins..." Godsmack

Posted 01 November 2009 - 06:59 PM

hey have any of you heard of a haunted church somewhere between st gregor and humboldt? supposedly if you drive by at about 1145 at night it will sound like someone is kicking at your door. i haven't proved this myself but i do want to check it out, also there is a church between st gregor and  leroy that is supposedly haunted i had heard that the priest hung himself but someone could havejust been getting stories mixed up, btw i'm in humboldt and if anyone wants to go on a ghost hunt let me know and i would love to join.

a large white house on the unction in watson? i don't remember that house and i grew up in watson i know that there was a haunted house on one street but it got torn down years ago. i'm curious about this white house though maybe i missed it

Edited by astroceaser, 01 November 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#58    boogyboo

boogyboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

View PostToxicCuriousity, on 01 June 2008 - 05:41 PM, said:

im from prince albert, sk and im really curious about this story about hands bridge...i cant find anything about it anywhere on the internet
the bridge resides in little red river park sorta..
if you've ever been to little red then this may make sense to you it may not..ordinarily if you want to go to little red you turn left into the park, but there is also the option of turning right and theres a dirt road that passes residential areas and what not, but if you go far enough (and if the roads open) you end up at the cement bridge..i dont know the actual name of the bridge but everyone i know calls it hands bridge, and the story ive heard is that a bus full of little kids was driving over it and either lost control and went over the edge or the bridge colapsed underneath it (im not 100% positive which) all the children and the bus driver died and suposidly its a true story
the rumour is that if you sit on the bridge in a car in neutral your car will begin to move forward and youll end up with little hand prints all over your vehical. suposidly this is from the little kids who died in the accident are trying to push you off the bridge so that the same thing doesnt happen to you..or something like that..
i think the ghost story is probably just from around pa but id like to know if anyone can help me out on figuring out what happened and what will happen
Katt
my friend met some people out there when they went to the old insane asylum that used to be by pa. they said they tryed it and it worked for them. the story is a bus a long time ago went off the side and killed everyone in it or something. im not sure where it is but it sounds like something worth checking out

#59    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

very interesting story....and welcome to UM Boogyboo ( great name ).

#60    boogyboo

boogyboo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

View Postfrommarr, on 21 October 2009 - 11:34 PM, said:

Hey all, I'm a little late coming to this game, I can see.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites in Saskatoon, which is where I live (other then the Marr residence).  Also, any supporting pictures would be great!  I am still a skeptic when it comes to the unexplained.
where is this marr place you speek of lol im from stoon too and im trying to find some good sites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users