Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the Vatican hiding?

Alexandra NightShade

The Vatican's Secret Archives have an exitment of 5 miles worth of shelving, and it has been estimated it could hold about 70 thousand pages, and 1 million books. The Secret Archives was formally established in 1475, but is much older then that.

This large library is in Vatican City has been named in latin: Archivum Secretum Vaticaun or in English The Vatican Secret Archives. We have been told that the word does not mean secrets are being kept from us, but only that what is being kept in these archives are the Pope's personal property. Then why keep them from us?

The Vatican also has a public library called: Bibliotheca Apostolica Vatican or in English it is called Library Of The Holy See. It is rather a research library and can only be used by men who write to the Pope for permission to use it. Then prsent documents to say who they are, quliforcation for their research. Only then will they be allowed into the library.

When they enter the public library the only things they can bring with them are a pen and paper. Nothing else. They will be accompanied by two priests and two guards. They will stay with him for the entire time he is there and follow him out when he is finished.

For years people have been wondering what is hidden in the Secret Archives and why? That is a very good question because the Secret Archives are actually guarded by Swiss Guards. The doors are very heavy and locked.

The Catholic Church has been under much criticism for keeping information away from the public, so now 100 documents were going to be put on display from February 2012 until September 2012. The documents will be at Rome's Capitoline Museume, people were be allowed to see the document but not touch it. The document was in a shot proof case and heavily guarded. This exhibition was called: Lux In Arcana (Light in the secret) or The Vatican Secret Archives Revealed. The problem is however, it only contained such documents as the last writing of Mary Queen of Scots before she was executed. It contained similar writings, but nothing we have not already learned from what history has taught us.

There have been many theories to what is hidden in the Secret Archives, some mundane and some not. These theories go from what I think is normal to what I think is crazy. The most widely held belief is that it holds books that have been banned from the bible. The theories then start to get stranger.

One of theories suggest that they have a time machine. The other says that the Vatican is in contact with UFO's. My favorite one must be the theorie that the Vatican knows the full truth of the end of the world. They have denided this but the number one rule about keeping secrets from someone is to deny, deny, deny.

I have read a couple of articles one said...

"A friend of mine used to work at the Vatican translating. She was a nun. Because of what she read she ain't a nun anymore." - Hunter of the Dark in Yahoo answers

It may not be true that her friend worked for the Vatican, but if she did...What did she read? And What if she read something that could change the look on the Vatican?

The Vatican has always hidden the truth people wouldn't believe the dogma otherwise.

no belief = no power, too many vested interests.

How many more secrets is the Vatican hiding, and why? We have not been allowed to see them for some reason. The reason must be important, because the room the books are in is guarded. I am pretty sure there is no time machine. Also, no UFOS, but, the Vatican's problem is, if they keep the room guarded more people will think they are hiding horrible secrets. What if they are just keeping old documents safe? But, then again, why just hide old documents? Perhaps they are hiding something that will truly harm the Vatican. Therefor it would be important for them to keep the truth from us, keeping their secrets safe is very important.

• Like 4

I think a more pressing question would be: Why do people assume the worst when things are hidden?

The Vatican is its own separate entity, and thus has all rights to let out what it wants to, especially seeing as it has no indigenous population to answer to, other than those that choose to work and live there. As for what's in those archives: probably a bunch of randomness. The Vatican has been in contact with the most powerful people in Europe since its creation, so I'm not surprised that it has things like the writings of the Queen of Scots, it seems to me that may be the bulk of the archives. Maybe even the early writings of Galileo, and other great minds throughout time.

With that, I've heard that the Vatican has begun going through the archives to commit its records to a more permanent form, such as digital filing. This says to me that whatever is down there is worth keeping, and not just letting rot in the dark. Now why would they preserve things they could easily destroy and never have to worry about somebody discovering?

• Like 9

Researchers and historians are allowed into the Secret Archives on request. There's nothing secret about them. Anyone with the right qualifications can go in and look. When you have documents that are centuries old it's prudent to restrict access to those who are guaranteed to respect them and not destroy them.

Claims of forbidden gospels or any other restricted text is nothing more than a conspiracy theory.

• Like 3

The Vatican's Secret Archives have an exitment of 5 miles worth of shelving, and it has been estimated it could hold about 70 thousand pages, and 1 million books. The Secret Archives was formally established in 1475, but is much older then that.

This large library is in Vatican City has been named in latin: Archivum Secretum Vaticaun or in English The Vatican Secret Archives. We have been told that the word does not mean secrets are being kept from us, but only that what is being kept in these archives are the Pope's personal property. Then why keep them from us?

The Vatican also has a public library called: Bibliotheca Apostolica Vatican or in English it is called Library Of The Holy See. It is rather a research library and can only be used by men who write to the Pope for permission to use it. Then prsent documents to say who they are, quliforcation for their research. Only then will they be allowed into the library.

When they enter the public library the only things they can bring with them are a pen and paper. Nothing else. They will be accompanied by two priests and two guards. They will stay with him for the entire time he is there and follow him out when he is finished.

For years people have been wondering what is hidden in the Secret Archives and why? That is a very good question because the Secret Archives are actually guarded by Swiss Guards. The doors are very heavy and locked.

The Catholic Church has been under much criticism for keeping information away from the public, so now 100 documents were going to be put on display from February 2012 until September 2012. The documents will be at Rome's Capitoline Museume, people were be allowed to see the document but not touch it. The document was in a shot proof case and heavily guarded. This exhibition was called: Lux In Arcana (Light in the secret) or The Vatican Secret Archives Revealed. The problem is however, it only contained such documents as the last writing of Mary Queen of Scots before she was executed. It contained similar writings, but nothing we have not already learned from what history has taught us.

There have been many theories to what is hidden in the Secret Archives, some mundane and some not. These theories go from what I think is normal to what I think is crazy. The most widely held belief is that it holds books that have been banned from the bible. The theories then start to get stranger.

One of theories suggest that they have a time machine. The other says that the Vatican is in contact with UFO's. My favorite one must be the theorie that the Vatican knows the full truth of the end of the world. They have denided this but the number one rule about keeping secrets from someone is to deny, deny, deny.

I have read a couple of articles one said...

"A friend of mine used to work at the Vatican translating. She was a nun. Because of what she read she ain't a nun anymore." - Hunter of the Dark in Yahoo answers

It may not be true that her friend worked for the Vatican, but if she did...What did she read? And What if she read something that could change the look on the Vatican?

The Vatican has always hidden the truth people wouldn't believe the dogma otherwise.

no belief = no power, too many vested interests.

How many more secrets is the Vatican hiding, and why? We have not been allowed to see them for some reason. The reason must be important, because the room the books are in is guarded. I am pretty sure there is no time machine. Also, no UFOS, but, the Vatican's problem is, if they keep the room guarded more people will think they are hiding horrible secrets. What if they are just keeping old documents safe? But, then again, why just hide old documents? Perhaps they are hiding something that will truly harm the Vatican. Therefor it would be important for them to keep the truth from us, keeping their secrets safe is very important.

Are you Roman Catholic?

I think a more pressing question would be: Why do people assume the worst when things are hidden?

The Vatican is its own separate entity, and thus has all rights to let out what it wants to, especially seeing as it has no indigenous population to answer to, other than those that choose to work and live there. As for what's in those archives: probably a bunch of randomness. The Vatican has been in contact with the most powerful people in Europe since its creation, so I'm not surprised that it has things like the writings of the Queen of Scots, it seems to me that may be the bulk of the archives. Maybe even the early writings of Galileo, and other great minds throughout time.

With that, I've heard that the Vatican has begun going through the archives to commit its records to a more permanent form, such as digital filing. This says to me that whatever is down there is worth keeping, and not just letting rot in the dark. Now why would they preserve things they could easily destroy and never have to worry about somebody discovering?

Exactly! Well said :yes:

• Like 1

The Vatican has an Index of forbidden books.Books that were not to be read by catholics for one reason or another. There maybe books written by various herectics throughout time in there, records of the trials of herectics such as the Cathars,Dolcinites and other groups,as well as perhasp some of their literature,records of witchcraft trials amongst other things.Also probably state papers in regards to dealings with various rulers,even people like Hitler and Mussolini.

Maybe Pope Francis will allow others to examine these books. Unfortunately, I can't read forgein languages.I did take spanish in school,but have forgotten quite a bit,

so a trip would be usless for me, though I would like to look at them aways. But,I'm a poor Catholic and since I'm not a scholar have little chance of getting in.

• Like 2

Yes, why?

Just curious because of your interest in what the Vatican has stowed away. I think it's a good thing that Pope Francis is letting the public see the archives. There maybe some surprises but on the whole I think the public are going to be disappointed as they are expecting something sensational to be revealed, which I doubt will happen. Welcome to UM by the way :)

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

Just curious because of your interest in what the Vatican has stowed away. I think it's a good thing that Pope Francis is letting the public see the archives. There maybe some surprises but on the whole I think the public are going to be disappointed as they are expecting something sensational to be revealed, which I doubt will happen. Welcome to UM by the way :)

I agree, Im very glad that he is showing the public the archives, but I still think that their hiding something but every one has their opinion. And thanks for the welcome :)

• Like 1

I think it's silly to jump to theories involving UFOs and time machines when there are plenty of other, more down-to-earth things the Vatican could be hiding in the archives. I'm sure there's plenty of history that could be potentially embarrassing to the Vatican, especially with everything that's come out concerning pedophilia in the church.

• Like 2

Anyone with the right qualifications can go in and look.

If they let you in that is... :whistle:

• Like 1

If they let you in that is... :whistle:

And that's fair, they can't just let anyone in. Material written in obsolete languages and centuries' old manuscripts can't be entrusted to you unless you have a doctorate.

I don't think it's so much that you must have a doctorate in order to handle the manuscripts (though practically speaking, it probably turns out that way) but that some of the items are so old, they may crumble unless handled properly. I would hope that these are the docs that are being digitized.

• Like 1

They are hiding a secret army of Jesus clones trained to be elite ninjas.when asked, a church official responded to the question of why with. "Why not? We are the lords of the earth, we may as well act like it."

Everyone have secrets. CIA, FBI, NASA, APPLE, GOOGLE, MICROSOFT etc. Even you and me. We have secrets we want nobody to know.

The Vatican has been involved with numerous political and spiritual interests. You would be very naive to believe that they have nothing to hide. And I bet some of the info that they are hiding can be very sensitive.

• Like 2

I suspect none of you have read "The Vatican Assasins" by Eric Jon Phelps, or "The Secret Terrorists" by Bill Hughes? Google them, pdf's are available if you cannot afford to buy them.

• Like 1

I suspect none of you have read "The Vatican Assasins" by Eric Jon Phelps, or "The Secret Terrorists" by Bill Hughes? Google them, pdf's are available if you cannot afford to buy them.

I suspect you have fallen for Phelps 'twaddle' :w00t:

• Like 1

Secrets are secret because they contain knowledge that might be damaging. Otherwise there would be no point in keeping them secret.

It would be quite interesting to sneak in and take a look.... Maybe when I'm old and have nothing to loose :P

Edited by Finity

Apparently America's forefather's fell for this twaddle, along with every other political leader in history expressed the danger's and scale of influence the Vatican has. I love how people debunk everything with belittling comment's, instead of a simple, "I have researched this and I believe it's all twaddle". I have read both of those books, but what drew me to them was my own dive into history.

Apparently America's forefather's fell for this twaddle, along with every other political leader in history expressed the danger's and scale of influence the Vatican has. I love how people debunk everything with belittling comment's, instead of a simple, "I have researched this and I believe it's all twaddle". I have read both of those books, but what drew me to them was my own dive into history.

You need to research the background of 'Phelps' then come back and discuss his bias. I bet 'Phelps' believes that the Jesuits sank the Titantic too! :su

• Like 1

I'm more worried about the secrets my own Government are witholding!

• Like 5

I wonder, assuming these things are being digitized, if that will effect access

The Vatican has an Index of forbidden books.Books that were not to be read by catholics for one reason or another. There maybe books written by various herectics throughout time in there, records of the trials of herectics such as the Cathars,Dolcinites and other groups,as well as perhasp some of their literature,records of witchcraft trials amongst other things.Also probably state papers in regards to dealings with various rulers,even people like Hitler and Mussolini.

Maybe Pope Francis will allow others to examine these books. Unfortunately, I can't read forgein languages.I did take spanish in school,but have forgotten quite a bit,

so a trip would be usless for me, though I would like to look at them aways. But,I'm a poor Catholic and since I'm not a scholar have little chance of getting in.

You can buy most of these books in English translation at any bookseller. To have a book placed on the Index Expurgatorius was the best way to get a best seller. People haven't changed.

• 5 months later...

You need to research the background of 'Phelps' then come back and discuss his bias. I bet 'Phelps' believes that the Jesuits sank the Titantic too!

Let's see, jp morgan builds the ships whom is an original 'banking ambassador' of the international jewish monopoly to America. The wealthiest Americans, a number of which opposed the central bank are aboard this ship. Mind you America was minting it's own coin at this time and independent from international jewry. Soon before departure the captain and mate were changed (thought for the better) to a veteran of this particular route with 25+ years experience. In april of 1912 Edward sailed full steam through a KNOWN glacier infested atlantic in which the inevitable happened after various warnings from the outside. The Californian (within eyesight of the Titanic which is shooting emergency flares) sails away.

December of 1913 the federal reserve act was passed and the united states gave up it's financial independence.

Money and power sank the Titanic, religious affiliation? Do you think the most powerful men on earth quabble with meaningless things such as religion or race? Negative it is an outdated tool to create division and hatred upon a overwhelming enemy (natural men).

Edited by TheSpoon