Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do demons exist?

Whatisreal

Are demons real? If they are real what could be the consequences of doing a demonic ritual? Is it dangerous?

• Like 1

According to the word of God in the Holy Bible, yes they do. The most famous instance is when the Lord Jesus cast out a group of demons from a man in a place called Gadera.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(demon)#In_the_Bible

So, if you believe in the Bible the answer is yes. If not then I guess the many references to demons in cultures across the world can be called into question also.

Since I believe the Bible, I believe in demons and try to never do anything to invite one into my life knowingly. Interestingly, the Bible does not mention ghosts (except for the Holy "SPIRIT") so I can't say I believe in ghosts...however, if I came into contact with something like a "ghost", especially of a dead relative or friend, I would immediately think of it as a demon spirit and demand that it leave. JMO

• Like 3

I think that instead of asking "are they real" you might want to spend more time with the question "why would you contact them".

• Like 3

Are demons real? If they are real what could be the consequences of doing a demonic ritual? Is it dangerous?

Yes, they are real enough,their rituals are to give you a parking ticket.Relentless pursuers of motorists..Resistance is futile...
  • Like 1

Use the search function. There's about 100 of the same topic I'm sure.

• Like 1

I think there is a possibility they are real and I don't think I would want to find out by trying to contact one.

The worst demons are the ones in your mind.

• Like 1

I would absolutely try to contact one, if I were you. Do everything you can think of, every ritual, spell, incantation, etc. (Short of harming yourself or another, because, come on, really? Demons?)

I think you'll a bit enlightened by the results.

SPOILER: Nothing will happen.

I've tried it. Many times and in many ways suggested, all showing such beliefs to be delusional.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2

I would absolutely try to contact one, if I were you. Do everything you can think of, every ritual, spell, incantation, etc. (Short of harming yourself or another, because, come on, really? Demons?)

I think you'll a bit enlightened by the results.

SPOILER: Nothing will happen.

I've tried it. Many times and in many ways suggested, all showing such beliefs to be delusional.

I think that is an awful bit of advice. People do this all of the time for different reasons, and pay for it in their mind. Is it because there is an actual living, physical supernatural "entity" there tormenting them afterwards? I doubt it. But there was intent put into "conjuring" up negativity (call it evil, whatever), and the expectation for it to have been successful. Mix these two things and tell me many won't find their ritual successful. It doesn't matter if they are sitting in front of a Ouija board, or a toilet seat. It's the intent.

Your advice is fitting for those who believe that nothing will happen. Go figure that someone who has the idea in their mind that something, which can't be properly tested, doesn't exist will find after experiment that their suspicion was correct.

I'd say to the OP that if you have predisposed ideas that it might be dangerous, it has a possibility of being dangerous to your well being. We all know how powerful the mind is.

edit: I see Hilander beat me to the punch.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

I do not think you can summon one but like people have said before me, it works like a curse does. If you believe in it, you will start to see signs that are really benign but that you attribute to a demon because you believe.

I think that is an awful bit of advice. People do this all of the time for different reasons, and pay for it in their mind. Is it because there is an actual living, physical supernatural "entity" there tormenting them afterwards? I doubt it. But there was intent put into "conjuring" up negativity (call it evil, whatever), and the expectation for it to have been successful. Mix these two things and tell me many won't find their ritual successful. It doesn't matter if they are sitting in front of a Ouija board, or a toilet seat. It's the intent.

Your advice is fitting for those who believe that nothing will happen. Go figure that someone who has the idea in their mind that something, which can't be properly tested, doesn't exist will find after experiment that their suspicion was correct.

I'd say to the OP that if you have predisposed ideas that it might be dangerous, it has a possibility of being dangerous to your well being. We all know how powerful the mind is.

edit: I see Hilander beat me to the punch.

I'm sorry if I don't live in a fanciful world filled with demons and fairies and unicorns. It's a delusional world view.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if I don't live in a fanciful world filled with demons and fairies and unicorns. It's a delusional world view.

That's irrelevant, though. Your telling others to go for it because it doesn't affect your mental/emotional state doesn't mean it won't affect theirs, delusion or not.

• Like 2

If demons are not real then trying to contact one could lead to mental illness.

If demons are real then contacting a being like that will cause mental illness.

This is a lose/lose situation no matter how you choose to look at it.

If they are real in the abrahamic judeo christian sense, then you would be in big trouble. I don't believe this at all. Sakari has a long thread about this you should read it.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181521&pid=4302106&st=1155entry4302106

Now. internal demons are very real, and they can manifest every bit as scary as the legendary ones. I think these demons should be brought up and faced. Most shamanic practices begin with this sort of facing oneself.

• Like 2

Yes Demons exist. I've had a great number of encounters with them. A person would have to be insane to invite malevolence into his realm. Demons are quite telepathic and they can project into your mind as well. if you weren't insane when you invite them, you soon will be when you encounter them. I've written a book about my encounters. If your curious, you can click my name to read about it.

Edited by Vatic

Dont mess with what you dont know about,the Church thinks that they are real,if they arn't real why do Priests do Exorcisms.

i think if you believe in spirits, ghosts or other worldly beings(do you?) then it why would it be so difficult to believe that demons also exist?

What would you define as a demon anyway? and how different would this be from say a malicious ghost or spirit?

i think that whatever you call them, there definitely exists some form of these beings who are malevolent and harmful and exist with intentions to harm others. I don't know good there could be from contacting them. maybe you think they could help you in some of your worldly things, but how could you be sure they don't turn on you and start harming you instead? if you wanted to contact something otherworldly, why don't you contact something more positive and helpful?

Edited by magickstonegirl

i think if you believe in spirits, ghosts or other worldly beings(do you?) then it why would it be so difficult to believe that demons also exist?

What would you define as a demon anyway? and how different would this be from say a malicious ghost or spirit?

Many people believe in ghosts and spirits but not demons because they have experienced something they perceive to be ghosts or spirits, but haven't experienced demons. This is why your next question is valid, but how to tell the difference between a demon and a ghost, I think it might be more lore-based, more based on what has been the definition of demons. (as a sidenote, my just-occurred hypothesis is that demons may be ill forms of group-consciousness manifesting in our individual selves)

The usual definition between demon and ghost is that you can exorcise a ghost by granting it peace or banishing it by force. Ghost is a spirit of a person who already experienced bodily death in this plane and hasn't yet gone forward in the cycle of whatever you believe it is. This spirit lingers here because of things unfinished, but they're truly things the spirit hasn't made peace with, I believe. I think that only giving peace can be the ultimate solution, and forceful banish may just drive the ghost elsewhere and make ghost more vicious, powerful and malevolent, just as if rejecting you in life time after time makes you more and more bitter.

Demon however... I'm actually reserved about their existence in the form of what christianity and such have drawn a picture of, higher entities that are malevolent. As such, the idea is of course possible, in fact maybe they do exist and we just haven't been able to pinpoint the nature, meaning and such of their existence in proper ways, even if some of us noticed their existence. Maybe hell, or whatever their home is, is just a place where they eat our souls and spirits which then begin some decomposition process in their bellies. That would explain the darkness and burning of hell (stomach acid burns and in stomach it's dark). Just a hypothesis though.

edit: Whatsinausername made a good point below me, I didn't consider what would the demons do, assuming they dont just hang around...

Edited by Mikko-kun

Demons are more abundant and active than you may think. Do you honestly think they're all extroverted, running round trying to give people heart attacks? It's a cliche but "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" is very true.

I have seen them manifest in people in certain situations, and if the person was faking it, it was one heck of a performance. They probably deserve an Emmy.

Yeah, logic and reason. The greatest enemies of superstition.

Edited by Rlyeh

It's a cliche but "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" is very true.

Which is from a work of fiction. Good to see you've got your priorities straight.

Which is from a work of fiction. Good to see you've got your priorities straight.

You are pretty good at the logic stuff aren't you?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

You are pretty good at the logic stuff aren't you?

http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/Ad_hominem

Nearly as good as your reading comprehension.

Show me where I've attacked his argument by attacking him.

• Like 1

Are demons real?

They certainly are and have been around for a long time.

If they are real what could be the consequences of doing a demonic ritual? Is it dangerous?

I wouldn't advise peforming any ritual that may summon a demon. It's dangerous and shouldn't be attempted. In some countries it's illegal.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun