Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What can be done about dangerous dogs?

dangerous dogs pdsa

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postskookum, on 31 March 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

A stupid neighbour bought her tear away teenage son one.  I use to watch him goad it in the garden because he wanted it to be 'hard'.  Eventually the RSPCA to took it away under cruelty to animals.  Poor thing had to be put down as he had made it vicious.

Maybe a restriction to one dog and forced registration in local authority housing would be a start.
Or maybe its time restrictions were enforced?  My housing association tenancy agreement limits residents to a single cat or dog; our previous council tenancy agreement limited to a single cat and dog.  I would be surprised if other councils/associations do not have such (unenforced) restrictions.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,748 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

What can be done about dangerous dogs?....................

How about responsible humans !!!!!!

Simple as that.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

I would force anyone who wants to own a 'dangerous' dog to undertake dog handling courses as a mandatory condition along with dog chipping, It would become immediately apparent both if the dog has any issues and if the owner is an idiot who hasn't a clue.

#19    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 31 March 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

Or maybe its time restrictions were enforced?  My housing association tenancy agreement limits residents to a single cat or dog; our previous council tenancy agreement limited to a single cat and dog.  I would be surprised if other councils/associations do not have such (unenforced) restrictions.

Mine doesn't.  Even though I live in a flat I am not restricted to any amount of pets.  Quite a few people around here have more than one.  I checked with them on this and they said providing they do not receive complaints about hygiene, everything is fine.

I have one dog, but a lot of them (especially the teenagers) around here have 2 or 3 chavfordshire bull terriers in 1/2 bedroom flats.

Makes me wonder were they get all the money from?

Edited by skookum, 01 April 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#20    Zamor

Zamor

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostSakari, on 31 March 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

What can be done about dangerous dogs?....................

How about responsible humans !!!!!!

Simple as that.

Simple as tha in a perfect world, yes.
The problem is that humans are becoming less and less responsible in our not so perfect world, not much to do about that fact unless tearing our world down and rebuild it.

Zam

Also tagged with dangerous dogs, pdsa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users