Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Owners of killer dogs to face jail terms

Still Waters

The owners of dangerous dogs that attack and kill people will face 14 years in jail under new Government plans.

People could also face five years in prison if their dog attacks and injures someone, as ministers pledged to toughen up punishments for owners who allow animals to commit "horrendous" attacks.

http://www.telegraph...ment-plans.html

Hmm, if these attacks happen to an uninvited "guest", then I don't think they should be criminal. If a dog gets loose though, the owners should be responsible for everything.

• Like 4

The owners of dangerous dogs that attack and kill people will face 14 years in jail under new Government plans.

People could also face five years in prison if their dog attacks and injures someone, as ministers pledged to toughen up punishments for owners who allow animals to commit "horrendous" attacks.

http://www.telegraph...ment-plans.html

They should get the prison terms right on people that kill people, rapists and paedophiles first before they start playing around with dangerous dogs and their owners jail terms.

• Like 2

Hmm, if these attacks happen to an uninvited "guest", then I don't think they should be criminal. If a dog gets loose though, the owners should be responsible for everything.

One instance in my life I had to jump fences of houses to evade a group of thugs. What if one of these dogs were in the backyard? Am I left with the fact of being beaten to a point of who knows how bad or attacked by a vicious dog in the same calibre?

I may have been an uninvited guest to those backyards but if I hadn't done that, who knows what could have happened.

• Like 1

One instance in my life I had to jump fences of houses to evade a group of thugs. What if one of these dogs were in the backyard? Am I left with the fact of being beaten to a point of who knows how bad or attacked by a vicious dog in the same calibre?

I may have been an uninvited guest to those backyards but if I hadn't done that, who knows what could have happened.

Good point.. I think that would be an unfortunate incident. If the dog is in a confined secured yard and the owner is not around to stop it attacking an individual that has invaded it’s home/space and every effort has been made to keep the dog under control. I don’t think the owner or the dog would be at fault if it attacked an individual that invaded its space, that’s is what most are bought for.

At the end of the day you would be the one in the wrong regardless the circumstances leading up to you jumping the fence. If someone jumped my fence, it’s not my dog they would have to worry about initially.

• Like 1

It sounds like everyone wants this to be a black and white issue, but it's not.

• Like 1