Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange occurance at work

Overdueleaf

Well afte much thought and deliberation i have decidede to tell a story that happened about a week ago while i was at work.. but first a brief background of my workplace

i work at a facility for the developmentally disabled.. our campus sits on an old WW II army hospital/POW camp

it has seen countelss deaths in its time as a hospital and many more since its conversion to the DD campus

Our campus is divided up into 5 homes(we call them cottages), the main offices, and the last remaining wing of the old hospital.

recently on the cottage i work on we had a death back in january of one of our residents.. it was very unexpected but the gentleman had a long hard battle with diabetes.

anyways on to my story...

we have two offices that are side by side.. it literally takes two seconds to go from one office to the other...

my coworkers(there were a total of three people in the office, me another Q and an RCS) and i were making profile cards of our residents for our new staff memebers that just started. we were using the heated laminator in the RCS(residentail care supervisor) Office. It takes a few minutes for the laminating sheet to run through the machine so my coworker put it in and then came back to the QIDP(qualified intellecual Disabilities Professional) office where we were cutting up the cards. When we heard the sheet hit the floor my coworker asked the RCS to go get the sheet that was done, and she did. However as soon as she got into the office she said that she couldnt find it. We said to look on the floor as it had to be there somewhere. after a few minutes of looking she called for one us to come help her cause she couldnt find it anywhere. I walked into the office to find the RCS on her hands and knees looking everywhere even under the desk. I started looking too and we came up with nothing. Perplexed i stopped and just started looking around and to my surprise i saw it. though it was where i found it that came as a shock.

Now the laminator sits atop a two shelf bookcase. on the first shelf was some decorations and a few long boxes sitting ontop of an old metal picture frame and some paper. i Happened to look at the shelf and found the laminated sheet UNDERNEATH the picture frame(only a small portion was showing as it was mostly covered up by paper). There was no was it could have fallen from the laminator machine into that spot as i had to lift the boxes and picture frame up just to pull the sheet out. The sheet was right side up and even if it it HAD somehow fallen off the machine and miraculasly got wedged completely underneath, it would have been upside down. We wondered how it could have gotten there and said it must have been the ghost of the gentleman who recently died, then we went about our business.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overdueleaf

• Astra.

Popular Days

Interesting story....but I'd be looking at one of my co-workers for playing a "ghostly" prank of sorts. Just a thought :)

yeah the thought crossed my mind.. but it really isnt my coworkers style.. she has never played a prank before .. but it is possible

• Like 1