Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

UFO: the truth may not be out there after all

ufology ufo watchers

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 07 November 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Your sighting sounds like Iridium flares - which can be checked for your location online
oohhh wow thankx .. i never knew that ! ..   i always though those were UFO's !  lol  okay now i know those things are not ufo's  
now my sighting will drop with 90% .. so 90% of what i have always seen can be explained with  Iridium flares ! snif snif i want them to be ufo's :(
but those 10 % i m sure its not from this earth ..
those flares that i described are nothing like that iridium flares..   because those things weren't moving !  and they were on the same high as clouds.

<<< i hate to admit snif snif snif !

Edited by WhyDontYouBeliEveMe, 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#62    WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

WhyDontYouBeliEveMe

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• When i'm right,no one remembers!
    When i'm wrong no one forgets !

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 November 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

Like Gods you mean.

People used to think they sat in the clouds watching earth.
lol yea like gods ..    whatever you wanna name them ! :D

#63    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,361 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostScudbuster, on 07 November 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

Calm down Big Fella, I say if Trowbridge, Marcel, and the deputy base commander DuBose say it 'twasn't a weather balloon, well that's plenty, plenty, good enough for me. Good day.

No worries, it is a touchy subject. I have put a lot of research into it over the years. Seems like a good bet on the surface. But it's also a bit like the ocean. The deeper you get, the darker, more cold, and muddy it gets. But on the surface it is all bright and sparkly.
According to the official statement left by Irving Newton, Marcel pointed at balloon wreckage and said that is the alien spaceship. And Irving Newton was the base meteorologist who sent these things up on a regular basis. Personally I think that casts doubt on Marcels claim. But I digress. In any case it is hearsay, and I think the article is a personal view to be honest.

Edited by psyche101, 08 November 2012 - 10:49 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#64    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,361 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 07 November 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Whatever floats your boat I guess

Amazing what amuses some isn't it. But it does illustrate that hoaxing is far from rare.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#65    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,361 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 08 November 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

lol yea like gods .. whatever you wanna name them ! :D

Posted Image

#66    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 November 2012 - 09:50 PM, said:

What do you think of abduction cases, do you think there just lying or hallucinated it?

I used to, but since they can't be proved no disproved, I'm undecided. A lot of them probably are people lying or hallucinating (sleep paralysis). but theres some cases that are quiete interesting and unexplainable. So I'm not sure.

But a few cases with contactees like billier meir and george adamski, I know are hoaxed. Where they really contacted? possibly, but all their evidence such as photos and videos have been debunked.

#67    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostAlienDan, on 09 November 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

I used to, but since they can't be proved no disproved, I'm undecided. A lot of them probably are people lying or hallucinating (sleep paralysis). but theres some cases that are quiete interesting and unexplainable. So I'm not sure.

But a few cases with contactees like billier meir and george adamski, I know are hoaxed. Where they really contacted? possibly, but all their evidence such as photos and videos have been debunked.
Okay I was just curious

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#68    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,404 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

THe only God`s are the ones that grace the Bill`s there printed on ,Like Washington,Franklin,Jefferson, Thats what drives this Topic !and Industry !

This is a Work in Progress!

#69    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,758 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

View Postpallidin, on 05 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Well, I don't care what the article says.
All I have to do is look at the beautiful Hubble pictures of the billions of galaxies and I am totally certain that there are thriving civilizations out there that we may never, ever know about.

Most people would agree with you on this. But the question here is if ET has found Earth and are here buzzing the locals.

I dont see any evidence of that.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#70    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

With the universe being so massive it truly makes me wonder sometimes whether earth really is the diamond in the rough or the only planet with these characteristics.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#71    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to assert that no extraterrestrial civilizations supersede our technological capability based on the lack of "UFO" sightings in our own atmosphere, which belongs to a planet that is a mere tip of a pin in terms of this gargantuan universe.

At the same time, we really have no evidence in reinforcement of the contrary; what if we really ARE the only intelligent species in the universe? While it is highly improbable, it does not enter the realms of extreme impossibility.

#72    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostWhyDontYouBeliEveMe, on 08 November 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

but those 10 % i m sure its not from this earth ..

I'd like to see what you think the 10% is, can you post some vids?

#73    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 12 November 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

I think it is absolutely ridiculous to assert that no extraterrestrial civilizations supersede our technological capability based on the lack of "UFO" sightings in our own atmosphere, which belongs to a planet that is a mere tip of a pin in terms of this gargantuan universe.

At the same time, we really have no evidence in reinforcement of the contrary; what if we really ARE the only intelligent species in the universe? While it is highly improbable, it does not enter the realms of extreme impossibility.
Yeah there could be civilizations out there that are just as advanced as us, I mean not every possible ET would have to be more advanced than us. Or they could be just a couple of years ahead of us in technology.  But to assume that all ET life is more advanced than us is a leap IMO.

#74    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 13 November 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

Yeah there could be civilizations out there that are just as advanced as us, I mean not every possible ET would have to be more advanced than us. Or they could be just a couple of years ahead of us in technology.  But to assume that all ET life is more advanced than us is a leap IMO.
There's probably many planets out there with nothing more than primitive algaes, lichens, ferns, single and multicell organisms.  Just a giant solar powered compost heap where the most intelligence is in worms.
It would still be a thrill to find one.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#75    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,404 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Dune desert planet I put my mind in motion, :alien:  Worm`s the Size of Aircraft Carriers !

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users