Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Holder on Banning Home Schooling

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#46    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think some of the religious schools who teach their own ways of life according to their beliefs can be more dangerous than normal schools. We already know this about some of the muslim schools here in England. The first language is not English and the first language at home is not either, hows that integrating with the society you have decided to live amongst?
if parents want to teach their children their own ways, great, but do not go to someones elses home town to do it in if you have no intentions of your child being part of the society.
This story is not about a family who were born and raised in that area. You can`t just move to someones elses town and insist on your own teachings.....do not go there in the first place!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#47    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostGummug, on 15 February 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but everytime I look at him I just see a thug in a suit and tie.

That's because every time he's on TV it's for something else that he is trying to brainwash us or dictate to us in how to live and then when his bluff is called he cries racism when in fact, he is the racist.  There's so many other qualified people out there of many colors looking for work that could handle this job efficiently and without causing such strife.

#48    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostMantis914, on 15 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

That's because every time he's on TV it's for something else that he is trying to brainwash us or dictate to us in how to live and then when his bluff is called he cries racism when in fact, he is the racist.  There's so many other qualified people out there of many colors looking for work that could handle this job efficiently and without causing such strife.
Sorry, do not know much about him, where does the racism come into this?

This family had problems in Germany too, was that down to racism?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#49    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• 1,065 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Our youngest daughter is enrolled in what is called the, "K-12 Program".

It's home schooling through the internet.  Are they saying that this type of thing would be banned?

The reason we've chosen this route with her is because our local school system employs a male teacher who impregnated a student.....and he still teaches with the school district.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#50    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

It's home schooling through the internet.  Are they saying that this type of thing would be banned?

The reason we've chosen this route with her is because our local school system employs a male teacher who impregnated a student.....and he still teaches with the school district.
No, they are not banning home schooling full stop.

I am shocked that the teacher is still there.

Edited by freetoroam, 15 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#51    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,320 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostMantis914, on 15 February 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

And (I think someone else pointed this out as well) he's never been held accountable for the contempt of congress charge. Maybe because everyone's so afraid of being labelled a racist? I dunno, I really don't...

Posted Image

#52    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 12,810 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Sorry, do not know much about him, where does the racism come into this?

This family had problems in Germany too, was that down to racism?
They ar reffering to the attorney general, Eric Holder.  Probably the most controversial and upsetting individual to ever hold the position.

#53    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• 1,068 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostOverSword, on 15 February 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

They ar reffering to the attorney general, Eric Holder.  Probably the most controversial and upsetting individual to ever hold the position.

Thank you for the clarification to freetoroam, OverSword.  When I read her response, I did a head tilt like my foxhound does when I talk to him...

Edited by Mantis914, 15 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#54    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostEonwe, on 14 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

So, basically Holder is saying the following:

"You can't teach your children. A government funded public school system, overseen by the Department of Education, knows best. The government knows best; the government mandated school systems must teach your children."

I'm convinced they are going for indoctrination, now.

For decades, education in the public schools is all about indoctrination.  It's nothing new.

Indoctrination in submission to authority.  Math and english and science are only secondary goals.

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostMantis914, on 15 February 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thank you for the clarification to freetoroam, OverSword.  When I read her response, I did a head tilt like my foxhound does when I talk to him...
Never heard of him. Doing my googling bit. We have our own Eric Holders here too.
My Westie tilts his head too.

The reason why I mentioned the Germany bit is because of this:

A federal district court judge granted the Romikes asylum here against the wishes of the Federal government.  The government appealed that decision to the Board of Immigration appeals and won.

I took it that the federal government was not Eric Holders alone.
But my main point is really in the post i made about getting asylum in someone elses country and still insisting on your own schooling within that town you have chosen to settle in.

Edited by freetoroam, 15 February 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#56    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,589 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 February 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

But my main point is really in the post i made about getting asylum in someone elses country and still insisting on your own schooling within that town you have chosen to settle in.
yes, that is excelent point. just look at Marseille. is it even France anymore?

RESIDENT TROLL.

#57    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 February 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

yes, that is excelent point. just look at Marseille. is it even France anymore?
Not to the French.

#58    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 15 February 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

For decades, education in the public schools is all about indoctrination.  It's nothing new.

Indoctrination in submission to authority.  Math and english and science are only secondary goals.

Excellent point, sir.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#59    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,738 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostMedicTJ, on 15 February 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

They aren't banning home schooling ...yet, but Holder said it wouldn't violate anyone's rights if they did.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#60    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Just Holder saying that is bad enough. It shows his complete disregard for the Liberties that this country was founded on and he should be branded a traitor to the people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users