Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] 1975 Disappearance of Lyon Sisters

Regi

Good news... Hopefully they are able to finally get closure on this... It does sound like this guy is a very strong suspect...

• Like 1

Good news... Hopefully they are able to finally get closure on this... It does sound like this guy is a very strong suspect...

Indeed, it does!

I read about this case a loooong time ago and there wasn't much to know. Basically, at the time, the police didn't have much of anything to go on, and so this development is completely unexpected, but very exciting!

Edited by regi

• 6 months later...

not related but my great grandmother on my mums side was a lyon, hope they can finally find closure

• Like 1

not related but my great grandmother on my mums side was a lyon, hope they can finally find closure

There was a murder case involving a Lyon in Dallas in 1990. Richard Lyon was convicted of killing his wife by poisoning her.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/killer-next-door

Re: this case, at this point (and if they haven't already), it looks to me like authorities should consult the family re: making a deal in exchange for a confession...just so the family can have more answers.

This is the Timewarrior speaking. There are apparently other suspects on this as well. . .at this rate unless the bodies are found, only a confession will solve this case.

• Like 2

This is the Timewarrior speaking. There are apparently other suspects on this as well. . .at this rate unless the bodies are found, only a confession will solve this case.

I don't know what evidence there might be against anyone else, but you know, the only scenario where think I'd believe a confession is if authorities are led to remains... :unsure2:

• Like 2

I don't know what evidence there might be against anyone else, but you know, the only scenario where think I'd believe a confession is if authorities are led to remains... :unsure2:

Definitely agree with that my friend.

Definitely agree with that my friend.

Yeah, and dependent on the method in which the bodies were disposed, it might be impossible to recover remains and so I'm not sure any deal is worthwhile if that's not possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope they find something. I would be nice for family to have closure after all this time.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Lyon sisters case: A painstaking search for justice and answers

...snip...

The trip, six months ago, had come after significant progress in their efforts to solve an indelible, heartbreaking mystery — the 1975 disappearance of two Montgomery County girls, Sheila Lyon, 12, and her sister, Katherine, 10. The girls vanished after walking to a Wheaton shopping mall to look at Easter decorations and eat pizza.

Read more of update here: http://www.washingto...2816_story.html

I vaguely remember when this story first happened and hit the news. This took place in Wheaton, MD, a city close to where I grew up and currently live so it hits very close to home for me.

I hope one day someone is arrested and convicted of this horrific crime but for now; it's still a mystery.

Those poor little girls :cry:

Thanks for moving this Still Waters. I used the search function and nothing came up. That's happened a couple of times to me. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? Oh well...thanks for adding to this thread :yes:

Anyways, I hope they find closure to this soon. It's so heartbreaking.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...