Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

US government: "mermaids don't exist"


  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#16    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

    There has been an awakening

  • Member
  • 5,271 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

  • I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 04 July 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Wonder how many millions the Government spent to determine that they, "probably do not exist"? Talk about always keep an exit open just in case the odd zombie or mermaid should pop up?

Our Government at work!~!!

They do not rule out Zombie Mermaids though...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#17    pallidin

pallidin

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,385 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Jeeze... And I suppose unicorns don't exist either.
I wish people would leave my fantasy world alone :)


#18    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,313 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

..Hang on...who the hell's swimming in my pond then...?


#19    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I think parts of a Zombie epidemic are possible, just not 'head shot' being the only way to kill them. A virus could change peoples behaviour, maybe make them cannibalistic and be easily spread but not almost indestructible or rising form the dead.

I do like a good Zombie flick, and even better is waking up in the morning after a Zombie Apocalypse dream (and being able to remember the details).

Yeah i tend to agree with you on that. The scary part I don't like is that if it takes away the "cortex" but leaves the rest of the brain a human will jsut be a walking, eating carcass. Just hope that if it ever did happen it's more like walking dead than 28 days later... (EUGH fast running zombies)

I've never been a huge zombie fan to be honest, I loved 28 days later and 28 weeks later for there gritty realism. The walking dead is good though, but more because of the acting and story etc.

View PostBrianPotter, on 04 July 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

..Hang on...who the hell's swimming in my pond then...?

You haven;t had Michael Barrymore round have you?

Edited by Coffey, 04 July 2012 - 11:41 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

    There has been an awakening

  • Member
  • 5,271 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

  • I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostCoffey, on 04 July 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yeah i tend to agree with you on that. The scary part I don't like is that if it takes away the "cortex" but leaves the rest of the brain a human will jsut be a walking, eating carcass. Just hope that if it ever did happen it's more like walking dead than 28 days later... (EUGH fast running zombies)

I've never been a huge zombie fan to be honest, I loved 28 days later and 28 weeks later for there gritty realism. The walking dead is good though, but more because of the acting and story etc.

28 Days Later is great (not so keen on 28 Weeks Later, but looking forward to 28 Months Later ;) ), those running zombies add a whole new dimension to the Zombie flick. I love The Walking Dead too, the character interaction can be awesome but at other times makes me want to scream (or just kill Lori or Carl), and get back to surviving the Walkers. Looking forward to Season 3.

I like the way they both begin with the lead role waking up in the hospital not knowing what has happened and we watch them learn about the new world.

View PostCoffey, on 04 July 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

You haven;t had Michael Barrymore round have you?

Lol :tu:

Edited by Junior Chubb, 04 July 2012 - 12:23 PM.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#21    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

    Hero Squad

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Brunswick, Canada

  • I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

Lol that they needed to point that out!

:) :) :)

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#22    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 04 July 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

28 Days Later is great (not so keen on 28 Weeks Later, but looking forward to 28 Months Later ;) ), those running zombies add a whole new dimension to the Zombie flick. I love The Walking Dead too, the character interaction can be awesome but at other times makes me want to scream (or just kill Lori or Carl), and get back to surviving the Walkers. Looking forward to Season 3.

I like the way they both begin with the lead role waking up in the hospital not knowing what has happened and we watch them learn about the new world.

Yeah i've heard that Danny Boyle wanted to do 28 Months later in Russia. But haven't heard if that's where they are actually doing it.

I was talking to someone else on here how i was shocked how could Andrew lincoln (Rick) is in it. Been a sort of fan of his since Teachers. (and Human traffic) I didn't even realise until the second or third episode that it was him because he comes off relaly well as an American. lol ther eis definitly a lot of frustration at Karl and Lori. lol

Yeah when I first seen it, I thought of 28 days alter. It's a good idea though and does add good mystery to it.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#23    skookum

skookum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Sussex, UK

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

I would disagree, I have dated some fishy women in the past :blush:  I will leave the rest to your imagination.

Edited by skookum, 04 July 2012 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

#24    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

    There has been an awakening

  • Member
  • 5,271 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

  • I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostCoffey, on 04 July 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Yeah i've heard that Danny Boyle wanted to do 28 Months later in Russia. But haven't heard if that's where they are actually doing it.

I was talking to someone else on here how i was shocked how could Andrew lincoln (Rick) is in it. Been a sort of fan of his since Teachers. (and Human traffic) I didn't even realise until the second or third episode that it was him because he comes off relaly well as an American. lol ther eis definitly a lot of frustration at Karl and Lori. lol

Yeah when I first seen it, I thought of 28 days alter. It's a good idea though and does add good mystery to it.

Snap on the Andrew Lincoln thing. When I first saw it I thought 'he looks like that bloke from teachers' but convinced myself it wasn't him, after a few episodes I looked on-line and low and behold. Sign of a great actor if you forget or do not recognise who they are.
I think some Brits can do a great american accent and often shock the audience when their nationality is revealed, from my experience it doesn't work so well the other way around.

28 Months Later in Russia, sounds good, fits with the last films ending.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#25    ThickasaBrick

ThickasaBrick

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Joined:22 Jul 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • "Your wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick." "I'll judge you all and make damn sure that no-one judges me."
    -Jethro Tull

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Great job gov't! Why not spend some time on figuring out the nations problems?


#26    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 04 July 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

Snap on the Andrew Lincoln thing. When I first saw it I thought 'he looks like that bloke from teachers' but convinced myself it wasn't him, after a few episodes I looked on-line and low and behold. Sign of a great actor if you forget or do not recognise who they are.
I think some Brits can do a great american accent and often shock the audience when their nationality is revealed, from my experience it doesn't work so well the other way around.

28 Months Later in Russia, sounds good, fits with the last films ending.

Compeltely agree. The only person who impressed me doing a biritish accent before was Mel Gibson in braveheart, I didn't think he did too bad with the Scottish accent. But then he is Australian.

Yeah having all that tundra to cross means it would be hard for the infected to make it without freezing or starving. Even hitlers armies struggled with it. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#27    Stardrive

Stardrive

    Resident Bass Guitarist

  • Member
  • 3,221 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

This probably came about because of the airing of Animal Planets docufiction 'Mermaids Found'. Alot of folks took it as 100% fact.

Posted Image

#28    Eihpospiritamer

Eihpospiritamer

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Your worst nightmares and your wildest dreams... 0.o

  • She has me like a pices when I am weak. I've been locked inside your heart shaped box for weeks.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

You don't say.


#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

    I'm a Rogue Scholar

  • Member
  • 18,694 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portland, Oregon, USA

  • Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

If this was 2009, we'd have Obama himself coming on TV to say Mermaids are not real. The man was on the TV every day in 2009.

Even just this little blurb should be a waste of the governments time. Yet... at the same time, this kind of prooves my point that the American people are gettting "stupider", because apparently enough people thought this was Real that the government felt the need to respond. When you have that many people not having common sense, you get the state of the US today, with Deficit spending out of control and whatnot.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#30    highdesert50

highdesert50

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Joined:09 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

Ah well, for the half of the population that is above average in intelligence, there exists the other half to wit this statement addresses quite nicely.







Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: US government: "mermaids don't exist"

By Aliens Exist in Evolution Theory?, on 05 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Source: US government: "mermaids don't exist"


Yeah, OK,  U.S. Government, I believe that just like I believe that Area 51 and the Mafia don't exist?

Were not all that stupid U.S. government, were really not at...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users