Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is Mexico asking for list of US gun owner

OverSword

How will giving Mexico a list of registered gun owners in the US help trace gun's used in crimes in Mexico? Do you think Americans are crossing the border and killing people? The reason given is ridiculous.

I presume to identify individuals who may be involved in the transfer of registered guns to Mexico, or to trace route the flow of those arms to other sources that those individuals' guns wound up going. A lot of guns get there from here. I don't blame them for asking but I wouldn't acquiesce with the request. Mexican authorities are having enough trouble with the cartels in their own cities and towns, but they should do more to secure their own border and stop these runners in onesies and twosies before they can centralize and arm themselves en mass.

We should not have waited for Mexico to ask, we should have done something like that 10 years ago.

Well they should have given us a list of their people who could cross into the US 10 years ago too if that's how helpful we now want to be.

Well they should have given us a list of their people who could cross into the US 10 years ago too if that's how helpful we now want to be.

:lol: Sorry, I had to laugh. They give out maps on the best way to illegally cross the border into the US.

• Like 1

http://www.wired.com...2012/11/cartel/

http://www.stratfor....90-percent-myth

http://www.foxnews.c...ns-mexico-come/

http://frontpagemag....get-their-arms/

why would i compare it to other Central and South American countries, it is not them who ask for american citizen personal info, and it is in mexico where cartels rule, and your gvmnt can't do a thing about it.

pretty clear to anyone with eyes and brain.

Irregardless of who is asking, you made a pretty strong statement and just wanting you to back it up....otherwise it´s just your opinion and your feelings toward Mexico are quite obvious from other posts you have made. Not trying to say it isn´t corrupt....I live here and I know.

And to go back to the original question as to why Mexico would want this kind of information, possible reasons could be:

• there are over 2000 gun stores conveniently located along the border
  • Eight of the top 12 U.S. dealers of guns traced to Mexico are located in Texas
  • to identify straw buyers, or people with clean records buying weapons for criminals.

They want the information because it makes it look like they're trying to do something, when in fact they either can't or won't do anything to stop these cartels. Blame the evil guns, not the scum beheading people and hanging them from bridges.

• Like 1

Irregardless of who is asking, you made a pretty strong statement and just wanting you to back it up....otherwise it´s just your opinion and your feelings toward Mexico are quite obvious from other posts you have made. Not trying to say it isn´t corrupt....I live here and I know.

And to go back to the original question as to why Mexico would want this kind of information, possible reasons could be:

• there are over 2000 gun stores conveniently located along the border
  • Eight of the top 12 U.S. dealers of guns traced to Mexico are located in Texas
  • to identify straw buyers, or people with clean records buying weapons for criminals.

i does not matter how you feel about it, but mexican gvnmt proves to be exactly that. look around.

i don't care how many stores are along the border, if we, the usa, could not id sraw buyers for now, (not to mention, we don't know how many times, the straw buyer was the us gvmnt.) no amount of data will help mexico do that either.

also, the cost ( giving away american citizens persoanl info) is way too big, to outweigh, unlikely benefits, (i have no doubt in my mind mexican gvmnt would not solve a single crime, or prevent a single gun to get into mexico).

simply put, it is not worth it. i would not trust mexico's gvmnt for a second, with that data, you just giving out gold mine to potential idenetity theves.

Edited by aztek

i does not matter how you feel about it, but mexican gvnmt proves to be exactly that. look around.

i don't care how many stores are along the border, if we, the usa, could not id sraw buyers for now, (not to mention, we don't know how many times, the straw buyer was the us gvmnt.) no amount of data will help mexico do that either.

also, the cost ( giving away american citizens persoanl info) is way too big, to outweigh, unlikely benefits, (i have no doubt in my mind mexican gvmnt would not solve a single crime, or prevent a single gun to get into mexico).

simply put, it is not worth it. i would not trust mexico's gvmnt for a second, with that data, you just giving out gold mine to potential idenetity theves.

They have proven to be the most corrupt, and incompetent, and outright criminal gvmnt on north american continent ???(your original post said south and not north) That´s a big ol´statement there and I just asked you to back it up. You look around......your government is pretty corrupt too in many ways. You don´t get elected if you´re not in bed with the corporations.

I feel it necessary to add that It will never happen. The US government has shown to be uncooperative and, in fact, a hinderence when trying to control the flow of arms over the border.

They have proven to be the most corrupt, and incompetent, and outright criminal gvmnt on north american continent ???(your original post said south and not north) That´s a big ol´statement there and I just asked you to back it up. You look around......your government is pretty corrupt too in many ways. You don´t get elected if you´re not in bed with the corporations.

I feel it necessary to add that It will never happen. The US government has shown to be uncooperative and, in fact, a hinderence when trying to control the flow of arms over the border.

Too true. Both our governments are extremely corrupt in slightly different way. The trueism for both is that at the end of the day money talks.
  • Like 1

has anyone seen red dawn ( either version ) how better to invade and avoid having everyone pull something out of the closet and fight back than sneak in and steal them all before hand. step one; the gangs and illegals have already invaded so now they find all the gun owners and steal everything they can get, killing as many as needed to do so, then they take them back and invade. ( I have heard that some of those gang bangers are as good as our military. and while i doubt that is true i know they are better than many of our private citizens.

I know i am somewhat paranoid, always have been to some degree, always will be. But that is what first came to mind.

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1

has anyone seen red dawn ( either version ) how better to invade and avoid having everyone pull something out of the closet and fight back than sneak in and steal them all before hand. step one; the gangs and illegals have already invaded so now they find all the gun owners and steal everything they can get, killing as many as needed to do so, then they take them back and invade. ( I have heard that some of those gang bangers are as good as our military. and while i doubt that is true i know they are better than many of our private citizens.

I know i am somewhat paranoid, always have been to some degree, always will be. But that is what first came to mind.

Damn you mysticwerewolf.......you´ve discovered the Mexican plan to get some of their country back!! :P

• Like 1

you know, you got a point here, ours might be even more of everything, than yours. but don't rely on our gvmnt to stop the flow, (most likely they are doing it), ask your to guard border.

or most likely our both know it happens, and both allow\participate.

The fact that Mexico wants to know who has guns in the USA is a good argument against gun registration.

Sure it is. Because 40,000 dead people can't be wrong right? After all, the dead can't speak otherwise if they could, idiots like you would be too afraid to speak this ****.

Guns are illegal for everyday people like you and me in Mexico outside of those in the military, police and those with licences and gun ranges. Mexican cartels use front men to purchase arms from the US and smuggle them across into Mexico. A registry of guns means that Mexican authorities can trace where the source of the guns come from and charge the front men who purchased the guns or even those who sold it to them.* Why? Because once a gun is already purchased by someone in the US (such as second-hand guns from shows or swap meets etc or face-to-face trades) aren't required to conduct background checks or complete any registration forms.

*Assuming of course, the Mexican federal authorities get their **** together and investigate gun related crimes in Mexico. But that's as likely to happen as you or anyone else on the pro-gun "liberty" lobby making a sensible argument.

Sure it is. Because 40,000 dead people can't be wrong right? After all, the dead can't speak otherwise if they could, idiots like you would be too afraid to speak this ****.

Guns are illegal for everyday people like you and me in Mexico outside of those in the military, police and those with licences and gun ranges. Mexican cartels use front men to purchase arms from the US and smuggle them across into Mexico. A registry of guns means that Mexican authorities can trace where the source of the guns come from and charge the front men who purchased the guns or even those who sold it to them.* Why? Because once a gun is already purchased by someone in the US (such as second-hand guns from shows or swap meets etc or face-to-face trades) aren't required to conduct background checks or complete any registration forms.

*Assuming of course, the Mexican federal authorities get their **** together and investigate gun related crimes in Mexico. But that's as likely to happen as you or anyone else on the pro-gun "liberty" lobby making a sensible argument.

OR......if you had read the post I put up after that.......they can just tell us the serial numbers of the guns and we can find out where they're coming from which will eliminate the so called need for the US government to surrender the personal and business information of it's people.

To avoid becoming one of the 40,000, I suggest you stay on your little island and dont worry your little head about our big gun problem *roll's eyes* silly foreigners.

i agree, you got a gun in question you ask atf to trace it. next thing you know, maxican gvmnt will have a say who can get a gun in usa and who can't.

OR......if you had read the post I put up after that.......they can just tell us the serial numbers of the guns and we can find out where they're coming from which will eliminate the so called need for the US government to surrender the personal and business information of it's people.

And yet the American government requests the information on foreign nationals on a daily basis because they are "silly foreigners"?

To avoid becoming one of the 40,000, I suggest you stay on your little island and dont worry your little head about our big gun problem *roll's eyes* silly foreigners.

I know people in Mexico. If I was a Christian, I'd pray for them every night. But I don't. All I can hope for is that they are safe and well in Michoacán. Oh, and "silly foreigners"? More like "retarded Americans". After all, how is it than you can post something like that and remember how to breathe at the same time?

i agree, you got a gun in question you ask atf to trace it. next thing you know, maxican gvmnt will have a say who can get a gun in usa and who can't.

I would take this seriously but I can't. Not when it looks like a mental patient escaped from his room and started blabbering and dribbling all over the keyboard.

You really don't have a ******* clue do you? What went on in that head of yours which equated to "Mexican government wants lists of people=Mexican government wants to ban guns in the US"?

Seriously, it's like waking up everyday being surrounded by complete idiots. Maybe that's how Piers Morgan feels.

Edited by MichaelW

And yet the American government requests the information on foreign nationals on a daily basis because they are "silly foreigners"?

I know people in Mexico. If I was a Christian, I'd pray for them every night. But I don't. All I can hope for is that they are safe and well in Michoacán. Oh, and "silly foreigners"? More like "retarded Americans". After all, how is it than you can post something like that and remember how to breathe at the same time?

I would take this seriously but I can't. Not when it looks like a mental patient escaped from his room and started blabbering and dribbling all over the keyboard.

You really don't have a ******* clue do you? What went on in that head of yours which equated to "Mexican government wants lists of people=Mexican government wants to ban guns in the US"?

Seriously, it's like waking up everyday being surrounded by complete idiots. Maybe that's how Piers Morgan feels.

epic fail, lol

Piers Morgan? LMAO!!! Wow. Any credibility you had just got blown all to hell.

epic fail, lol

Piers Morgan? LMAO!!! Wow. Any credibility you had just got blown all to hell.

Now, let me make it perfectly clear that I dislike Piers Morgan immensely, mainly because he tried to break up the marriage of an "idol" of mine (Jeremy Clarkson). In saying that, I hate him less than Alex Jones, mainly because the latter, like yourselves, is a redneck who things the government is evil and wants to keep assault rifles to "protect" himself from apparent "tyranny".

I'm fairly sure though that you won't understand this at all, mainly because it has something in it called "grammar".

Da what he said ?

Now, let me make it perfectly clear that I dislike Piers Morgan immensely, mainly because he tried to break up the marriage of an "idol" of mine (Jeremy Clarkson). In saying that, I hate him less than Alex Jones, mainly because the latter, like yourselves, is a redneck who things the government is evil and wants to keep assault rifles to "protect" himself from apparent "tyranny".

I'm fairly sure though that you won't understand this at all, mainly because it has something in it called "grammar".

You're a rather bitter pill, aren't you? Like most left wingers.

It's kinda fun to watch.

Edited by Sweetpumper

You're a rather bitter pill, aren't you? Like most left wingers.

It's kinda fun to watch.

I'm only a left-winger on the American political spectrum. I'm actually a centrist outside of the US. The Democrats are somewhat more right-wing than many of the right wing political parties outside of the US.