Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Saving The Dolphins

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    greeneyedoll

greeneyedoll

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:09 PM

LOL, they are not jerks...they are trying to survive...So the crocs in Uganda are jerks for killing people?

I was talking more about how they kill each other's young. But you are quite right, that is for survival. If my play on giving human-like characteristics to animals is taken to apply to the crocs of Uganda, then yes. They are jerks. Ha ha.

#17    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:21 AM

Dolphins can be jerks just like any other animal. They attack porpoises, people, and kill their own children.

They are not jerks for killing their own young...They only do it to assert dominance and so rival males can't pass on their genes...

They never kill young they had..

Edited by frogfish, 12 July 2006 - 01:23 AM.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#18    greeneyedoll

greeneyedoll

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:35 AM

you know i was going to make a follow up statement mentioning the very same reason for infancide, however it seemed redundant. i don't think you misunderstood me, this just seems nitpicky.

i clearly said each others young as opposed to their own.

once again redundant.

so then what is a jerk? is it just an insult used to describe the human animal? or is it just a term of preference?

either way i cant imagine how i used the word wrong. i could name quite a few things jerks and feel justified in my own reasoning.

personal opinions are such a great thing.

for the last time i'm going to state that when using the word "jerk" in the prior post, it was a funny way of assigning human characteristics to an animal.

and for the record i think anything that bops a kid or cousin species to death is a jerk.

#19    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

and for the record i think anything that bops a kid or cousin species to death is a jerk

So most animals are jerks? Jerks trying to survive? Do you eat meat? Do you consider yourself a jerk?

Try to live on your own in the wilderness and see how much more of a 'jerk' you become thumbsup.gif

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#20    greeneyedoll

greeneyedoll

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

ha ha.

um... i do eat meat. and meat is a jerk, so with the great knowledge of you are what you eat, i must be a jerk! wow. im so glad you helped me to that conclusion.  

i do greatly contribute to the slaying of innocent animals. as i said in my first post, that unless people want to go completely vegan and la la la stop using animal products then la la la everyone contributes. whats the point?

i dont think anywhere in my posts have i condemned people for their habits. i only said that it is more important to concentrate on what you are personally willing to give up in your daily habits then to go around trying to change anyone elses.

wilderness... nah. i hate camping. i like ac and hate bugs. but i can say with much certainty that i would not go around trying to kill things in the woods if there were any edible vegetation around. i like my cow in prapackaged units.

#21    Atheist God

Atheist God

Alien Abducter

• 5,438 posts

• At war with the evil Drug Enforcement Agency for over a decade!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:34 AM

So most animals are jerks? Jerks trying to survive? Do you eat meat? Do you consider yourself a jerk?

Try to live on your own in the wilderness and see how much more of a 'jerk' you become thumbsup.gif

No i consider myself an omnivore and as such i eat plants and animals like i was made to. Animals eating animals aren't jerks animals that go again'st their natures are jerks. Take Vegans for instance they are jerks they can't accept that I like my meat or like to wear leather etc. So those skeletons have the balls to throw sh** at me and splash or spray paint on others. Vegans are the real egotistical jerks who can't mind their own god damn business.

As far as dolphins are concerned they are just another stupid animal that will end up in my Tuna sandwich and i could care less really . If an animal is not strong enough to survive they don't deserve too bottom line.

Posted Image

A site I write my own articles. sw-gm check em out.

#22    twilightgirl

twilightgirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:58 AM

to each his own. i also eat veg and meat and that's for survival. i believe that everything has its own purpose so i'm going to continue eating meat and veg..  original.gif

ClicKy?
spitfire   time waits for no one...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users