Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2.3M Christians Flee in From Syria

Erikl

2.3M Christians Flee in Mass Exodus From Syria

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/wea-makes-call-for-help-for-syrian-christians-2-3m-christians-flee-in-mass-exodus-from-syria-92843/#YzFagolpUp7L48Ld.99

About 65 years ago, the Middle East has been ethnically cleansed from Jews in the name of Arab nationalism. Now, it is being wiped clean of indigenous Christian people in the name of Islamist nationalism. This is the face of the Islamist winter.

Christians are in the middle of the conflict. There is two groups of Christians, one fighting and one fleeing. The war is more of a Muslim Vs Fake muslim.

• Like 3

Yes it sucks when someone forces their religious beliefs on you.

Exactly why I just can't feel bad for the Christians.

• Like 1

Lmao, exactly!

Things must be different where you guys live. I've never seen anyone force their Christianity on me or anyone I know. I'm Christian and have never tried to force anyone to convert. Do you consider a "witness" of the faith to be coercion? To simply have someone share a message they believe is wonderful news with you?

• Like 4

Yeah, who cares that families are being broken up, lives threatened and the like.

Some Christians are arseholes, lets laugh at some suffering!

• Like 8

It's alarming people don't see discrimination against Christians the same as discrimination against ethinicities or gays. To actually wish harm on them makes those people no better than the KKK or any other hate group.

I never forget who the bigots are and they are in the same class as the Black Panthers, Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 8

Yeah, who cares that families are being broken up, lives threatened and the like.

Some Christians are arseholes, lets laugh at some suffering!

I treat them with the same indifference as they treat me.

So, by your reasoning, because I have been abused by one man I should have a grudge against them all?

• Like 9

So, by your reasoning, because I have been abused by one man I should have a grudge against them all?

What I mean is they don't care about me, I don't care about them, goes with the golden rule.

• Like 1

your response of "LMAO" implies that you're not being "meh, whatever" but rther shadenfreude abou it, laughing at suffering.

• Like 2

It's alarming people don't see discrimination against Christians the same as discrimination against ethinicities or gays. To actually wish harm on them makes those people no better than the KKK or any other hate group.

I never forget who the bigots are and they are in the same class as the Black Panthers, Westboro Baptist Church and the KKK.

They are NOT the same thing. Ethnicity and homosexuality are things people are born as. Religion/opinions (because that's all it is) is a choice.

Still, wishing harm on these Christians is fairly short-sighted. If you really think you're so much better than the Christians, you wouldn't hold them accountable for the actions of others. When you know exactly what ethical blunders they've specifically comitted (there are bound to be a few), then go to it. Face it: people who practise Christianity usually pick and choose what they want to believe/support, and some of them might be decent people.

(I'm not even going to start in on that diatribe about Christians not forcing their beliefs on others, though.)

2.3M Christians Flee in Mass Exodus From Syria

Read more at http://www.christian...golpUp7L48Ld.99

About 65 years ago, the Middle East has been ethnically cleansed from Jews in the name of Arab nationalism. Now, it is being wiped clean of indigenous Christian people in the name of Islamist nationalism. This is the face of the Islamist winter.

A mass exodus of 2.5M people fleeing for their lives would be an humanitarian disaster, Erikl. Do you have any links other than the religious one in the OP? (I'm genuinely interested and concerned)

• Like 1

Christians are in the middle of the conflict. There is two groups of Christians, one fighting and one fleeing. The war is more of a Muslim Vs Fake muslim.

I agree with this. The Christians seem to be supporting Assad because he has been more tolerant of them than the new guys will be. It's just a matter of survival in a really nasty situation. I think there isn't much hope for them in the region long term. They are hated by Muslims of all stripe and are surrounded. Basically they can leave or die.
  • Like 2

They are NOT the same thing. Ethnicity and homosexuality are things people are born as. Religion/opinions (because that's all it is) is a choice.

When somone is born and raised in a religious household a lot of the time they wouldn't even consider going against what they have been taught all of their lives. That doesn't sound like much of a concious choice.

• Like 1

Sorry you have had bad experiences, but much like a racist, you put everyone in the same group and then discriminate.

• Like 2

your response of "LMAO" implies that you're not being "meh, whatever" but rther shadenfreude abou it, laughing at suffering.

I was laughing at his statement, the irony, they are reaping what they sow.

I was laughing at his statement, the irony, they are reaping what they sow.

Your bias is showing HW. I understand how some people just have a focused dislike or even hatred for a religion due to the actions of some hypocrites but such actions hardly equate with what is happening to Christians in the M.E. Or are you saying that Christians somewhere you know of are murdering or displacing other religious or ethnic neighbors of theirs? The few instances I've heard of where Christians have resorted to real violence has been in self defense.
  • Like 1

Flee in from Syria to where? What has the Israeli government said they're going to do about the mass exodus Erikl?

Israel will say"We will build more houses and get rid of all non Jewish people"

I kinda doubt Christians in the dead centre of the Isalmic world are really pushing their beliefs strongly onto others. As an atheist, I am still repulsed by what I read here. They are reaping what they sow? You think every one of those Christians has oppressed someone? You think theyre more oppressive than Islamic or Israeli extremists? LOL, I bet if it were politically correct to critisize that latter two groups you'd be all over them. But nah, take the cowards way instead and just critisize the presently less opressive Christians.

• Like 7

Atheists wouldn't fare too well under muslim law either. Doubt they would respect your right to be a atheist or opinion, might even get stoned to death if you said about them what you have about Christians.

• Like 3

Israel will say"We will build more houses and get rid of all non Jewish people"

This is about Christians Richard. There are plenty of threads about those opinions without derailing this one. Thanks :)

Having served in Iraq, Afghanistan and others, seeing the "AWESOME PEACE LOVING" religion of Islam first hand, I would rather have the "Christians" asking and as you all call it, shoving their religion down my throat, over the Islamic belief. If one does not convert to Islam, they are to be murdered. Don't sit and tell me "This is only the radicals," as I've seen first hand and know the truth. I've seen the "middle of the road, normal Muslim" go from naught to murder in a heartbeat all from a call to arms by their Imam.

So, as I said, the views of the couch politicians whom watch their Federally Censored news, and are shown complete lies and then scream at the tops of their lungs comfortably from their couches about their opinions on issues of which they know NOTHING. Knowledge is Power. And unfortunately, the majority of western citizens are all blind....