Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy charged for posting fight video

glorybebe

A 13-year-old boy from Mississauga, Ont., has been charged with mischief after posting a video of two girls fighting on his Facebook page.

Police said the boy was charged because one of the girls in the video was being cyberbullied....

...But the Mississauga boy's mother told CBC News on Friday that her son is now being bullied by police and the local school board....Two days later he was called to the principal's office where he says he was arrested, handcuffed and put in a police cruiser....His mother believes police and the school went too far.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...een-arrest.html

OK, the kid had to know this was unacceptable. The girl was being bullied already and he not only watched the fight, but filmed it and posted it. There have been too many deaths (suicides) in regards to bullting and parents need to take responsibilty and watch what their children are doing. IMO, this kid got taught a lesson and he deserves it.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...een-arrest.html

OK, the kid had to know this was unacceptable. The girl was being bullied already and he not only watched the fight, but filmed it and posted it. There have been too many deaths (suicides) in regards to bullting and parents need to take responsibilty and watch what their children are doing. IMO, this kid got taught a lesson and he deserves it.

As a parent, let me tell you that there is only so much a parent can do, raising a child, teenager, adult.

Humans are violent, some more than others. They televise it, and it's probably been on UTube long before this.

It's revolting behavior as far as I'm concerned. Did not watch the video, but I doubt anybody was being forced to do anything.

• Like 2

The kid probably knew better than to just stand there and record it, then post it. I think the hauling him off to jail a bit of an overkill.

But I kind of have to wonder what happened to the kids involved in the fight itself? The article does not say.

what the kid did was wrong, and ok if they're going to arrest him for it so be it, but what a bunch of grandstanding to do it at the school

they could have just gone to his home and done it but they have to make a show of it,

that's equally stupid.

if they thought it would teach the other kids not to do such things they are pretty naive

As a parent, let me tell you that there is only so much a parent can do, raising a child, teenager, adult.

Humans are violent, some more than others. They televise it, and it's probably been on UTube long before this.

It's revolting behavior as far as I'm concerned. Did not watch the video, but I doubt anybody was being forced to do anything.

As a parent, let me tell you that there is much more to do than to play the I didn't know card. My daughter has a Youtube and Facebook account-I make her sign in regularly and check what is being posted and what she is looking at.

And I teach my daughter right from wrong. If she EVER not only posted something like this, but filmed it? Oh, she would be in SSOOO much trouble.

• Like 1

i am so grateful that there was no internet when my children were growing up. i really watch the grandkids when they're online. none of them are allowed on youtube evvrrrrrr.

they have their favorite list of game sites and that's all they are allowed to go on. if they want to research something an adult has to be with them before they google.

mind you they are 7, 9, and 11. still, there is nothing they need to be going to youtube for in my opinion

• Like 1

Was it a random fight he just recorded and posted or was it a targeted attack so he could record it and use it to bully someone. That would make all the difference in this case.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

How is recording a fight and posting it considered mischief? Sure it was a dumb thing to do, but I hardly see how he broke any laws? Was the girl who started the fight arrested? The one who actualy commited a crime. This kid needs to get a lawyer and sue the police for false arrest.

• Like 2

Was it a random fight he just recorded and posted or was it a targeted attack so he could record it and use it to bully someone. That would make all the difference in this case.

i sort of got the impression she was already being bullied and he fueled it with the video. could be wrong

i sort of got the impression she was already being bullied and he fueled it with the video. could be wrong

I would assume that is what is going on.

Regardless, this stupid bullying needs to stop. It's not like it was when I was in school and at least you only had to deal with it there. Now with sh!tbook and tweeter, and all those other sites around, it's become 24 hour bullying for some of these kids.

• Like 1

How is recording a fight and posting it considered mischief? Sure it was a dumb thing to do, but I hardly see how he broke any laws? Was the girl who started the fight arrested? The one who actualy commited a crime. This kid needs to get a lawyer and sue the police for false arrest.

i'm not sure what law he may have broken, it does seem excessive though.

what i find odd is that this sort of action is taken with this kid, yet countless women report stalkers over and over and get told there is nothing they can do for them if the person is not directly threatening them.

• Like 1

I would assume that is what is going on.

Regardless, this stupid bullying needs to stop. It's not like it was when I was in school and at least you only had to deal with it there. Now with sh!tbook and tweeter, and all those other sites around, it's become 24 hour bullying for some of these kids.

yet they still go there and read the crap. i don't get it

Well, kids today are stupid.

my guess is that they don't know how to be kids. the way things go in this generation it seems they never get a chance to.

• Like 1

my guess is that they don't know how to be kids. the way things go in this generation it seems they never get a chance to.

Yeah, and so sad.

• Like 1

Social media can be used in many ways. One to deffend and one to attack. I think it`s up to the ones that act on such that should be responsible as well as the one if posting in hate or a bully manor. I think bullies are on the fall as social media and social behaviour adjusts to this. It is just not going to be glorified anymore. The bully has now becaome the victim of it's own desighn. They either stop or someone will stop them in the near future. Lets stand together against them as we as a sociaty are doing and we can win the fight with out throwing a single punch.

Yeah, and so sad.

I'm 40 and wow have times changed since I was 14. Kids now are only kids till they get the interwebs. Then the gates are open. Parents of this generation are already behind when it comes to there kids and the crap that goes on in and out of school. Looking up how to care for my hamster is so different now.

• Like 1

I'm 40 and wow have times changed since I was 14. Kids now are only kids till they get the interwebs. Then the gates are open. Parents of this generation are already behind when it comes to there kids and the crap that goes on in and out of school. Looking up how to care for my hamster is so different now.

It's easy to parent a child of this generation if you have a computer.

1. Take child
  2. Place in front of computer
  3. Computer babysits child

• Like 1

It's easy to parent a child of this generation if you have a computer.

1. Take child
  2. Place in front of computer
  3. Computer babysits child

It is going to be a learning curve and not a smooth one. I was 22 when I first got the net and wow did it change me. Today I take the net as a loosly based learning tool. I we or me of this age transfer learning from people to the net we wind up with so many conflictinig crap that there is no longer a right answer but what the net says. Is the net bad, no absalutletly not. What we have to do is and will happen is propper education to the kids on how to use it.

• Like 1

Have to add. If this vid as posted was used to harm an indivilual on purpose yes pres charges.

Well, I had my 13 year old daughter read the article. She said that yes, if the guy didn't have the guts to stop the fight, and filmed it to post it on the web, then yes, he should be charged. So, from one teenager, that is her opinion.

There was a craze a few years ago of youths randomly hitting people and videoing it for youtube..happy slapping I think it was called..but .videoing someone getting bullied and then using it to gloat and invite more bullying online, you got to understand thats wrong and so pay the penalty, no sympathy castrate the little bugger (only joking)

Seriously teach kids how to deal with this crap not go out and arrest everybody who makes people feel bad. Stopping the fight was more then likely not in option in his mind because most schools have a no tolerance for violence policy(even if off the school property). Meaning people who interfere in the fight themselves also usually get in trouble or the fact that he was guy and they were girls so again another thing that would of made it look bad for him if he interfered. Not to mention the whole stigma of being a rat. Posting it would of made it known with proof instead of just a rumor. Not everybody has the confidence to go against the crowd especially when there is a fight involved.

• Like 2