Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

By Candlelight

crum

My wife loved candles. We had dozens in our bedroom,. possibly closer to hundreds. They were on the entertainment center, chest-of-drawers, night stands, dressers, everywhere imaginable. One night, we decided to send our child to my parents house so we could spend some well deserved time together.

We went to a nice resturaunt, alone for the first time in too long. Then we went to see a romantic movie, with no playful child bothering other people. Next we went to the club we frequented while still dating, and had a blast.

When we got back home, it was late, and the "Friday Night Late Night Horror Movie" was on a local station. It was "The Exorcist" and she loved that movie. So we sat up and watched it. On a commercial break, she went into the bedroom and lit every candle in there.

She was gone for a while lighting all of those candles, so I went to check on her. I thought she might have saw the bed and passed out on it from exhaustion. I saw what she was doing, and went back into the den.

She came back and, innocently, I asked her, "What took so long Baby"? She said, "Oh, nothing. It's a surprise". I never let on that I knew what the "surprise" was. So we finished watching the movie.

When the movie was over, she asked me, "Honey, do you think people or places could really have demons in them"? I said, "I don't know baby, I'm sure it could happen. I just hope it never happens to us". She agreed, and we went on to bed.

She lead the way to hide the big surprise, and when we went into the bedroom. I acted surprised. I got my first surprise of the night, not knowing the other surprise was yet to come.

We blew out all of the candles after my big surprise, and drifted off to dreamland in each others arms.

A few hours later, she woke me up to another surprise. This surprise wasn't as good. It wasn't good at all. She woke me up with an elbow to the side, and I could hear her crying in that scared cry. At first I didn't open my eyes, I thought it was already morning because it was so bright in the room.

It was bright because all of the candles had been re-lit. I thought she did it to try to scare me, but I could tell by her crying, and the fear in her eyes, that she didn't do it. She was really scared, and I was too then.

So I got up and checked the alarm to see when it was last active. It was last active when we came in from the club, four and a half hours earlier. So I checked the house to see if somehow, someone had broken in. No one was in the house besides us, and all of the windows and doors were locked, and were also on the alarm system. It would have went off if someone had broken in.

I'm not sure how it happened. I know I didn't do it, and I know she didn't do it. If the heat would have re-lit them from being lit earlier, it would have lit right after being blown out, not hours later. We still get a chill out of it when we tell someone about it. We sold the house and moved into a different house twenty miles away from that house.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crum

• Loonboy

• Bizarro

• FreyKade

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

very weird. i had an experience like this once. i wonder if we do things in our sleep without being aware of it...

i was too old to go trick or treating for halloween so my little sister gave me a few handfuls of her candy- just because she knows i like candy. i went to bed that night and set the candy on my dresser across the room from my bed. i would lock my door everynight out of paranoia(it was right next to the garage door that would probably be the spot any burglar/killer would enter). well, the next morning i woke up and remembered the candy while watching TV in my bed. i stood up and went over to my dresser and the candy was all gone. i looked in the garbage can next to my door and saw all the wrappers neatly piled one on top of each other.

ghost or my own sleep eating? who knows. i do know that i was the only one in there as my door was still locked when i opened it blink.gif

Those are certainly creepy stories and I think nobody is likely to believe things like that until they happen to that person themself.

I picked up one of my friends the other night for a birthday night out and as he was locking the front door he struggled because it was dark and there was no lighting in the area, but he managed it and off we went.

Later I dropped him off and he got out of the car. I turned around and as I was about to drive off he waved me back and pointed at the front door. Inside the hallway the lights were on. They weren't when we left and nobody had been in the house but the cat.

It's a clever cat, but it's no electrician.

His house is very active and he often hears movements etc. I've even heard them there myself. They're not scary, they just are.

sad.gif

im at uni, i am renting a hose with some mates. we were all downstairs watching a film and we heard noises. at first we thought we amagined it because only two of us heard it. then it happened again. one of them said it was brobably his bedroom door because he left the windo open...but the two of us that heard it first, swear that it was the sound of someone on the stairs.... these noises happen everyso often, like creaking, light tapping and for some reason sometimes it sounds like someone is callig my name...when everyone is asleep or i am alone.