Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you remember your first nightmare?

Rory

I am curious to know if anyone remembers thier very first nightmare.

I remember when I was about 3, I had a nightmare where I was lying in my bed when my bedroom door burst open and a man in a balaclava rushed over to me and started pressing my chest in really hard.

I can even remember waking up and seeing my room around me when I done so. This was in my old house which i moved out of after.

Whats your first nightmare?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rory

• _Only

• Sir Wearer of Hats

• Sir_Quack_The_Wack

Dunno if it's my first, but the earliest I remember is waking up screaming after seeing something red and horned in the corner of my room (we'd just been to the Ekka (the Brisbane Exhibition) so I was probably remembering something I saw on the outside of the House of Horror).

I know it was in my old house, so I must have been less then 5.

My first one i remember was being chased around my primary school by this big grey human-like monster with massive claws like wolverine from x men (but this was like 18 years ago and i still remember the fear i felt) and just when i thought i got away and starting walking there was this tap on my shoulder and i turned to see this massive claw coming for my face then i woke up. Freaky as..

Oh and my old man says once he checked on me when i was 3 or 4 sleeping and i was talking in my sleep saying " Nooooo the bunny is going to eat me" but i dont ever remember feeling scared of rabbits! haha

I remember when I was about 3, I had a nightmare where I was lying in my bed when my bedroom door burst open and a man in a balaclava rushed over to me and started pressing my chest in really hard.

Heh that's funny. It's weird, tons of people say they have the same thing happen. Some dark guy in a hat presses on people's chest and chokes them. That's so weird.

My 1st nightmare was that that actress from "Murder She Wrote" would come to my bed and try to bite my neck. I had it all the time.

Another early one I always had was I was in a forest being chased by the bigfoot from "Harry And The Hendersons".

It's weird what TV shows and movies scare you when you're really young. :blush:

My 1st nightmare was that that actress from "Murder She Wrote" would come to my bed and try to bite my neck. I had it all the time.

I would explain the balaclava man as being a member of an illegal volunteer force in my town as they are very active here but at the time I was three so couldn't say it was so then.

Seriously, Angela Lansbury is a vampire! I knew she wasn't fooling anyone!

The first nightmare I really remember vividly was when I was about 8 yrs. old. I had been to see the movie version of Poe's "Buried Alive". There was a scene where the man woke up after being buried and the camera shot was from inside the coffin. The interior was blood red velvet. I had been dreaming of the movie and was screaming in my sleep apparently because my mother came in to see about me. I had a red bedspread and I had covered my head with it because I was afraid to peek out. When she turned on the light all I could see was red. I was convinced I had been buried alive in that red velvet lined coffin. I freaked! I was told it took several hours to calm me down. It was so real!

the first nightmare i remember included myself , my sister and a cousin. we were army soldiers like in the tv show tour of duty. we were exploring a waste land forest as best as i can tell. just up ahead of us were all the movie monsters that you could think of. the wolfman, dracula, creature from the black lagoon, jason, micheal myers, freddy and chucky. my cousins foot gotten entangeld in a vine and my sister and i attemped to free him. just as we were abvout to get him loose, wolfman and freddy jumped in front of us. they charged at each other and then i woke up. had that dream when i was i think six. still fresh in my mind like it was last night!

I will never forget my first nightmare. I placed it into my never forget part of my mind when I was really young(I dunno maybe 3 or 4ish) because I never understood it and I knew it was important(so its the first ever dream I can remember and it was a nightmare). I asked my parents what it meant and they just said it was a dream which annoyed me. So I swore I would never forget it and learn what it meant when I was older.

Anyway mine was a simple dream of being in complete blackness with no body and only black water below(circular area) and I was watching a bright white pearl fall through the blackness very slowley and then landing into the dark black water which would make a ripple. As soon as the pearl had landed into the water and sunk another pearl would fall slowley through space again and it just did that over and over and over, all night long that it drove me kinda crazy. I would wake up and then when I went back to sleep I would dream of them again. So I couldnt dream of anything else. I had that dream a few times when I was younger that it was just like my only dream I would have. Thats why it drove me crazy and was like a nightmare becasue I knew once I was in it I had to just watch all night.

The first nightmare i can remember was when i was 4 or 5, and had a nightmare about Santa Claus shortly before christmas, i heard him creeping about in the house, and then he opened my bedroom door and peered in, his face was all exaggerated, pronounced features, very dark lines on his old face, with the most evil of grins. I became quite scared of Santa after that.

I used to have nightmares about her trying to kill me too! Theres just something scary about her.

The first nightmare i can remember was when i was 4 or 5, and had a nightmare about Santa Claus shortly before christmas, i heard him creeping about in the house, and then he opened my bedroom door and peered in, his face was all exaggerated, pronounced features, very dark lines on his old face, with the most evil of grins. I became quite scared of Santa after that.

I used to have nightmares about her trying to kill me too! Theres just something scary about her.

Off course it makes sense she is a murderer. She writes all of those books about killers and nobody ever suspects her. Come to think of it, did shhe ever release a book? O_o

I'm not sure it was my first nightmare, but it is the first I remember. I was probably around 5 years old.

I was in servitude to a witch - classic horror-type witch with black raggedy cloak and very ugly evil face. I had to paint her house which was alongside some dense woods. I painted it green like she asked and then she yelled and screamed that I was supposed to paint it pink. I painted it pink and she became enraged and said it should've been blue. I started painting it blue and then decided I should just try to get away. I ran down the treeline with her chasing me.

I had that dream several times.

Mine was at the age of 7 or before, and I'm still not sure this was a dream, but it likely was. I "woke up" to see an evil clown face leering over me and somehow imparting to me that he was going to hurt my father. I had a bad feeling ever since that time and a month or so later I think, my dad died. I've had an aversion to clowns ever since then and am a moderator on an anti-clown site and find a lot of people have similar fears of clowns.

Mine was at the age of 7 or before, and I'm still not sure this was a dream, but it likely was. I "woke up" to see an evil clown face leering over me and somehow imparting to me that he was going to hurt my father. I had a bad feeling ever since that time and a month or so later I think, my dad died. I've had an aversion to clowns ever since then and am a moderator on an anti-clown site and find a lot of people have similar fears of clowns.

Ugh, that's terrible. :( I would have an aversion towards them too. I already do but without any particular reason, aside from the fact that they're blatantly creepy.

I'm not sure which, but one of these has to be my first nightmare. I was maybe 3-5, not sure. In the dream of the first one, I was sleeping on my dining room floor and rolled over to see a werewolf next to me. It sounds silly but it was scary and I had it multiple times. In the other, my parents were in the bathroom talking and I was in there with them. There's a mirror in our bathroom that faces the kitchen when the door is open. I was looking in that mirror and saw a skeleton with long black hair in the kitchen walk past the doorway. I freaked out and tried telling my parents, but they didn't believe me which was the scariest part. I had a few more dreams with that skeleton when I was a kid too.

Odd (and OT) Jessica Fletcher Internet idea: She killed Frank (her (dead by the time of the series) husband).

You see, he was a nasty drunk with Korea War issues.

It was covered up with the help of Seth Haslett and Ameos Tupper (the local GP and the Sheriff respectively, who could easily say "death by heart attack" and "no need for investigation").

I would explain the balaclava man as being a member of an illegal volunteer force in my town as they are very active here but at the time I was three so couldn't say it was so then.

Seriously, Angela Lansbury is a vampire! I knew she wasn't fooling anyone!

Aww, she's a cute little thing.

Odd (and OT) Jessica Fletcher Internet idea: She killed Frank (her (dead by the time of the series) husband).

You see, he was a nasty drunk with Korea War issues.

It was covered up with the help of Seth Haslett and Ameos Tupper (the local GP and the Sheriff respectively, who could easily say "death by heart attack" and "no need for investigation").

Except she didn't. We all know she didn't.

Come to think of it, did shhe ever release a book?

:yes:

Jessica Fletcher's books

They're best sellers.

Edited by Sir_Quack_The_Wack

Ooooh yeah!

I was a bout six yrs old and had dreamt I came home from school, walked in the back door as always and sitting there was an absolute fleshless skeleton sitting on the wicker shoe basket in the corner.

Mortifyed as I remember it, It jaggedly stood and In an animated robotic movement It started to come close to me.

Beside myself with fear I looked down and saw a skull laying there,... so I picked It up and bowled It at the skeleton. It fell down over and all around me,.. then I woke up. Was pleasant for age 6.

-Heaven knows what this dream was about.

`The worst one, was when I had found myself In and old wash drain raining and dark. As I looked Into the tunnel where the water was rushing from, I heard a growl and then I saw two big eyes.

I tryed clammering up the high muddy bank, realised I couldnt get out and then woke up,.. fell asleep again and the same dream came back.

-This dream I blame on "Thriller" and "American Werewolf In London".

I had another dream where I looked up In to the sky with crowds of people around me and there was a black and red hole In the sky with great clouds and flashing fire. It made me feel as If there was a hole In my guts, veeery freaky

-: This dream was stress related.

Angela Lansbury? Next time, dream of her young. Not so bad.

2205781149_a4a8ca773f.jpg

Ooooh yeah!

I was a bout six yrs old and had dreamt I came home from school, walked in the back door as always and sitting there was an absolute fleshless skeleton sitting on the wicker shoe basket in the corner.

Mortifyed as I remember it, It jaggedly stood and In an animated robotic movement It started to come close to me.

Beside myself with fear I looked down and saw a skull laying there,... so I picked It up and bowled It at the skeleton. It fell down over and all around me,.. then I woke up. Was pleasant for age 6.

-Heaven knows what this dream was about.

`The worst one, was when I had found myself In and old wash drain raining and dark. As I looked Into the tunnel where the water was rushing from, I heard a growl and then I saw two big eyes.

I tryed clammering up the high muddy bank, realised I couldnt get out and then woke up,.. fell asleep again and the same dream came back.

-This dream I blame on "Thriller" and "American Werewolf In London".

I had another dream where I looked up In to the sky with crowds of people around me and there was a black and red hole In the sky with great clouds and flashing fire. It made me feel as If there was a hole In my guts, veeery freaky

-: This dream was stress related.

Lol I think I beat you in this one so bad:

(This isnt my first dream but one that scared me as a child (as I recall the only one to ever make me wake up crying) but now looking back it is the funniest:

My older sister Karen is dressed in her Confirmation outfit and we are standing in the hall of a house which I have never been in before.

Some more of my family are there and as my sister is talking she turns to me and her face turns into a crab! It's pincers moving and everything. LMAO!

I remember waking up screaming from that dream lol. Funny thing is I don't even fear crabs. Never have. I don't know what caused that reaction.

Type "scariest picture ever" in Google Images, and see how many clowns show up on the 1st page. I used to be scared of them when I was a kid but not now. Think it has something to do with how you're learning to recognize people's faces when you're young, and seeing a clown face is against what you're learning and scares you. And for most people it just sticks?

Angela Lansbury? Next time, dream of her young. Not so bad.

2205781149_a4a8ca773f.jpg

Wow! Who knew, nice.

My first nightmare that I can remember was one which was recurring all throughout my childhood. I was in a large field walking on a path with a group of people that appeared to be some part of a tour group, we were all following a guide. As we continue walking I noticed we were on a trail with trenches dug on either side. In these trenches were massive amounts of corpses and skeletons. At some point the corpses and skeletons begin moving and making noise, coming at me. I began trying to run but the trail through the trenches just seemed to get longer and longer and with every turn I made there were more and more skeletons climbing out of the trenches after me. This dream would last what seemed like forever, eventually I would wake up scared to death with no real resolution for or from the dream.

I am curious to know if anyone remembers thier very first nightmare.

I can even remember waking up and seeing my room around me when I done so. This was in my old house which i moved out of after.

Whats your first nightmare?

The earliest nightmare I remember was when I was about 4, my teeth crumbled into soft little pieces.

It's a common theme but no story behind it. Some say it's the fear of aging.

Soon after I had one about Halloween trick or treating for candy, around the corner from my house. A nice suburban neighborhood of individual A frame homes each with their own driveway. It's night-time, one streetlight holds back the darkness.

I can't see my costume, I'm in the shadow of the huge oak tree that has roots growing under the sidewalk, which have caused it to buckle unevenly.

I see others coming around the corner, these aren't children. All the children have run at the sight of them - a mob of zombies, ghouls, monsters coming towards me.

My feet are stuck in the sidewalk, all I can do is watch them approach, led by Frankenstein's monster.

I wake up.