Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The 'God spots' revealed by scientists

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    jivens

jivens

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

God exists and is very real. Think about it. Evolutionists say that we developed a thirst so that we would drink water, hunger so that we would eat food, sexual desire so that we would pro-create. Tell me then, why we have a natural desire to believe in our lord and savior Jesus Christ???

Repent to Jesus now, or endure the terrible truth of the tribulation.

#17    The Dreamer - Hybrid89

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

• Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Everyone has there right to pay homage to there own gods, whether it be the god of flower picking or whatever.

This is just my own opinion, but personally I dont believe in any divine being. Don't see the point. Thats how I feel though, so dont mind me.

#18    PsiSeeker

PsiSeeker

Omerta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

Well to be honest I feel the belief of God stems out of a part of the brain that understands the need for maximum efficient means of function.  God is used to give a physical light to this feeling.  Ages ago I thought up a concept I coined "the God process."  It's a sequence of events within in any physical system, where operation is apparent, that results in the most perfectly acted out scenario for the greater good of all.

I feel this part of the brain helps great thinkers come up with radical new ways of thinking or improving things already in use.  It's the part of the brain that understands that having a "need" to want to achieve "ultimate, bigger, better, God"-like characteristics for anything is beneficial for evolution.  The brain doesn't know what to "call" this though because it seems so "magical" that it would work.  It's like the brain's inbuilt system of calculus.  Many of us just seem to call this "magic" God.

An illusion is an illusion.  The key difference between the two is that one is limited by time and the other by perception.

#19    Erudite Celt

Erudite Celt

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

Is it the same spot in the brain that makes one believe that all the matter in the universe came from the non-matter in the non-universe? Of course not, they haven't discovered the "silly spot" yet.

#20    Marcin

Marcin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

View Postdougeaton, on 27 April 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

All through history people have experienced 'something', I believe that is why we have religion. Now if it true or not, well, I doubt we will ever find out.  Bu please, stop being so mind numbing college freshmen like.  The relilgious impuse is deep and profound, I think it deserves more respect.

doug

Personally I believe that this 'something' is what can be collectively given a name of 'the unknown', the great mysterious unknown... In days of earliest cavemen, there were 2 leader types - a chief often having fought his way to the top proving his physical superiority, and a shaman being that notch smarter than most of the flock.

If he said that bush was talking to him, they didn't dare question him, after all, he communicated with ghosts, spirits and whatnot, all that they feared more than their chief.

We've been giving a placeholder-entity meaning to nearly everything we encountered over the centuries, from wind and fire to thunder and volcanoes, until we have learned what they really are, and suddenly from vengeful anger of some mighty god, they became elements, reactions, natural occurences etc etc... time will come, when todays unknowns will also come to be known and analysed, no longer mystical or divine... by then, we will encounter yet another border of our own 'unknown' and give it some spiritual meaning, until we figure this one too...

People put so much faith in books written centuries ago, heck thousands of years even! Long before they were all written down, their story was passed from person to person, scholar to scholar by a word of mouth, the next guy after him got only as good story, as this scholars memory and imagination served him. Not to mention alterations to these books over millenia to suit or leverage someones power and influence along the way... but hey, people have right to believe all they want, if that's what makes them feel better.

The only time when I put my foot down is when someone is trying to force their views upon me or someone else by force, that's when things turn nasty.

#21    Marcin

Marcin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postjivens, on 28 April 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

God exists and is very real. Think about it. Evolutionists say that we developed a thirst so that we would drink water, hunger so that we would eat food, sexual desire so that we would pro-create. Tell me then, why we have a natural desire to believe in our lord and savior Jesus Christ???

Repent to Jesus now, or endure the terrible truth of the tribulation.

You do know how arrogant and narrow minded you sound here right?

This is YOUR god... if it's so natural to believe in Jesus, what does this make other religions huh? There is whole multitude of religions out there, each of them having their own belief, to them your Jesus is just your own story, not all that natural at all...

And no, evolutionists would never say something so silly as "that we developed a thirst so that we would drink water, hunger so that we would eat food"... Sounds like something what would come from some preacher on one sunday :S. Thirst and hunger are only your bodys signals letting your know that you're running low, giving you the impulse to drink/eat, your didn't evolve them - they come as a package once you are a living body! xD

#22    Bl4d3

Bl4d3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

I don't think that the scientists get it now. Spirituality depends on a person if they choose to believe or not.

#23    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

So, remove the god spots, and we are free from the gods? Sounds good. And then what to do with the god spots? Give a burial? According to which god? Ah... questions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users